“Dated but clean”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Leamington
Woodstock, Canada
“Dated but clean”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night during the Civic Holiday weekend.
I'm not quite sure what I expected but I was a little bit disappointed. This Inn could definitely use some updating. On the positive side the room was clean and I liked the shower.
But we didn't sleep that good because the hallway door was used (slammed shut)a lot during the night and that made a lot of noise.
Breakfast is free, but we took one look at what was offered and decided to go somewhere else.
Overall I think this Comfort Inn is very overpriced and I wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
manager276, General Manager at Quality Inn Leamington, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Although we never enjoy hearing that one of our guests had a less than perfect stay, we feel comments such as yours allows us to access where we have opportunities to make improvements. We deeply apologize about this incident and the impression it left on you. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention, as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve on our services that we offer our guests.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to display to you our usually high service and not allow this occurrence to prevent you from returning to the Comfort Inn Leamington.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel is just OK, got the East side room of the hotel with the next door houses as my view. This house happens to have an inground pool (good thing it was not used at the time). I find the place is a bit tired and needs some update. There is no fitness room, no pool, just rooms. I would advise to have nearby B&Bs as they would have some charm and would give a more pleasant stay than staying at this hotel. Aside from being on the location where I happen to be close to where I would be working, this place would not be recommended for a good place to stay.

Room Tip: not sure if there is a good room as both sides do not have a pleasant view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank comp-aliance
We appreciate all of the valuable feedback from your recent stay. Both your positive and negative comments are useful to us for making improvements to our services and amenities. We have been selected for some very unique and much needed upgrades this coming spring. We are constantly seeking feedback from our guests, and therefore, the comments and feedback that you kindly shared during your stay and in your review, were indeed appreciated and used to review certain areas of our operations.

We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed two nights while in the area for a family wedding. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Had an excellent stay. Great deli across the road. Rooms were clean and had no complaints. Would stay here again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
It truly was a pleasure for us to read your review and we feel as if you summed up our property perfectly. We thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This hotel is a great deal. All of the staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are really clean. Dog lovers- this is the place to bring your well behaved pet. Hassle free! Strongly recommended for bird lovers too. Thanks!
Cathy Evans

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cathy E
manager276, Manager at Quality Inn Leamington, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
It was our pleasure to host you as our guest! We are always striving to improve our hospitality and service and we appreciate your kind words about the Comfort Inn Leamington. We lood forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.
Leamington, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I have been travelling to Leamington for work for about 2 months. I had asked about this hotel and had gotten miixed feelings from others, however I decided to check it out wanna say that the hotel is clean and affordable, but most of all the staff there are very helpful and wonderfully pleasant. I found the staff to be very approacable and ready and willing to help if and when needed. For me as long as the room is clean, affordable and staff are freindly thats what counts. If I wanted luxury I'm sure I'd be paying much more for the room and possibly still would not have the friendly service.
P.S. The pillows are nice and fluffy...love that !!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank deanneb98
manager276, Manager at Quality Inn Leamington, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Amazing review, thank you so much for such lovely feedback! We always look to celebrate our guests’ special occasions and we are delighted that everything worked out so well on your visit. Hope you both have a chance to visit again
barrie ont
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Hello: As the result of my sons sudden death I needed accommodation for several days. As a Choice member I booked on line and in my state of mind double booked the room and it was past 8 p.m. so i could not cancel one of them. The girl at the front desk was very helpful and cancelled one of them for me. She changed the rate to a bereavement rate and was very helpful with blocking rooms for my family.
This attention and caring was most appreciated, but what struck me was the next morning when an older couple both visually impaired came into the breakfast area. I overheard them say that they also lost a family member. The front desk staff was so kind to them, they made their breakfast for them and took it to them at the table. This attention and care occurred over the next several days that I was there.
The Leamington hotel is rated 2 stars, it was clean and sufficient for our needs, if you could rate a hotel on staff alone it would be 5 star plus.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank jrbarrie
manager276, General Manager at Quality Inn Leamington, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor. Although we welcome feedback of all types it is always a pleasure for us to hear what sets us apart from our competition. All of our Guest Services staff are truly valued members of our team and we are delighted to hear that your stay was made that much more enjoyable as a result of their commitment to service. Again, our sincere thanks for your generous response to your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The Comfort Inn in Leaminton is both comfortable and affordable. I stay in the area once every 3 months for business meetings. The hotel is close to Seacliff Park which is a great place to hike or tobaggan (it was a chilly winter day when I stayed). Recommended for business travellors and families.

Room Tip: Rooms at ther back of the building have less road noise and I prefer the second floor so I can sleep...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Luna1961
manager276, General Manager at Quality Inn Leamington, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
We are always thrilled to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us and this is no exceptionWe make every effort to ensure our guest’s experiences are superb. We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Leamington.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leamington
Best Western Plus Leamington Hotel & Conference Centre
#4 of 9 in Leamington
Rymal's Motel
Rymal's Motel
#7 of 9 in Leamington

Been to Quality Inn Leamington? Share your experiences!