“So Many Things to Watch and to Learn”

Point Pelee National Park
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Leamington
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1918, this small yet popular park is home to a variety of trees and birds.
Windsor, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“So Many Things to Watch and to Learn”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I'm very happy that my husband and I have bought an annual family/group pass to the Point Pelee National Park! Now we'll bring our friends there to enjoy fantastic birdwatching together. We have to upgrade our photo lenses, because this place is a uniquely rich source of bird and wild life photos!

Visited April 2014

London, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Festival of Birds”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I loved everything about it! From the people we met to the tram we rode, the birdseed cookies were a big hit, not much could beat the view from the tip...that is except for the birds.
Only a few short months away and we shall be back. Can hardly wait!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank ShastyKitty
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“If you are an outdoor person, go there”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This place will take you hours to enjoy... I would like to try the fishing there one day... when Spring comes, that is =)

Visited January 2014
Leamington, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“birds, mushrooms and a trip to the point”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I personally like how they have worked to naturalize the park. The board walk is lovely. It would be nice to see stuff for sale at the information centre. Nothing is like a trip to the point.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank lakejumper75
St. Catharines, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An Essex County Jewel”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I lived in Windsor for thirty years up until 1983. Point Pelee National Park was and still is my favourite place in Essex County to spend the day walking the trails and boardwalk, watching birds, picnicking, and enjoying nature. Point Pelee was my go-to-place to be alone and think.
When I first went as a kid with my mom, dad, and siblings, the park was a different place with lots of people and cars. Point Pelee had beautiful beaches and was crowded with a lot of people who were there to camp, picnic, swim, and then go home tired.
The park of today is different. No more camping. No more private cottages. No more cars cluttering the landscape near the point. There are still people who visit the park to lay on the beach and picnic, but I would say the majority of the visitors now come for the nature aspect of the park. There is not the rush rush rush of everyday life when families, couples, and individuals come to Canada's most southerly mainland property. You now see runners, hikers, birders, photographers, young and old families, and explorers doing their thing in a fantastic setting in one of the treasures in Canada's National Parks system.
Visit the interpretive Visitors Centre and see the growth of the park and pick up a souvenir or an ice cream treat. Enjoy yourself and/or your family for the day. Connect with nature. Bring your camera and record your adventure. Bring food and refreshment. There are picnic shelters, water, washrooms, and parking throughout the park.The Friends of Point Pelee run a food concession for snacks, non-alcohol drinks, and light meals at the the Marsh Boardwalk. Have fun!
There are places to stay a short distance outside the park, e.g., Pelee Motor Inn. Leamington offers a variety of foods, i.e., fast food to fine dining, and shopping, e.g., Walmart.
I still get to Point Pelee as often as I can. When I go to Essex County, the trip always includes a visit to the park. -Michael

Visited October 2013