“An excellent experience”

Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in Leamington
Price range: US$5 - US$26
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a family operation specialized in Portuguese home made cuisine, we do have Mediterranean dishes and some American also. All our desserts are home made. We do have facilities for meetings an group functions of up to 80 people. We do have an outdoor patio and bar with a Mediterranean theme and feeling. Our food is cooked to order. The Portuguese part of the menu is based on national and regional dishes and are as authentic as possible taking into account the availability of some of the products in our area.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“An excellent experience”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have visited this restaurant 3 times over the past few years and so does our daughter who lives in Leamington.
The place never seems to be full, maybe that's just a coincidence; in any case it is a nice looking restaurant, good, warm atmosphere on the luxurious side.
The food is excellent and service very pleasant.
Maybe a touch too many Portuguese specialties, not sure too many people in that area would be very enthusiastic about that but other dishes were delicious.
I had veal medallions in brandy sauce, daughter had chicken parmigiana, husband had sirloin steak, all very tasty and the chocolate mousse for dessert was finger licking good.
Good wine choices with enough availability of wine by the glass.
We definitely recommend it if you're looking for something better than the usual Americana restaurants.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank MB13377

Burlington, Canada
“Looking forward to next time....loved it !”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were a bit early for the dinner hour, but were graciously accommodated for an early seating.
The decor offers a really nice setting with great ambience (loved the background music). Menu with a variety of options - three of us tried the liver and onions (with bacon) - we all felt it was one of the best liver dinners we had experienced, the other person tried a Mediterranean burger and thoroughly enjoyed that as well. A great soup of the day - roasted red pepper. And to end the meal, coconut cream pie (I've tried c.c.pie many places - this was the BEST !). Service was friendly - we'll be back again.....

• Visited November 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“A bit of Serendipity in Leamington”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Taking a wrong turn as I left Leamington brought me to the Gallery and an excellent meal. I was on my way out of town when I saw the building housing the Gallery, an old Church. I saw that it was open and as it was 7:30 I was hungry so I stopped. Walking in I was impressed with the decor but surprised to see no one eating. The owner came to greet me and assured me that they were open. For my entire meal experience I was the only one in the restaurant. As you might imagine the service was prompt and the food came quickly. I had Rapini soup which I enjoyed even though I didn't know what Rapini was. I ordered the Moroccan Kebabs which were 6 good size pieces of pork on a stick with cherry tomatoes on a bed of rice. On the side was fresh cooked vegetables such as sugar peas and squash. All in all a very good meal resulting from a wrong turn - a bit or Serendipity.

• Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Ambiance”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Situated in an old church the restaurant met expectations with the decor, surroundings. It was a bit too cool to sit on the patio which was a shame as it was certainly lovely. The food was good, the portions enormous for my friends sharing a type of Portuguese paella dish. My dish came with steak which was overcooked and we did wait a very long time for our meal due to a large anniversary party. However, it was a birthday dinner for our friend and we felt it lived up to being a special place to go. We'll go back again.

• Visited September 2013
Belle River, Canada
“Great atmosphere, good quality food”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I've been twice, and thouroughly enjoyed both times. They have a great selection of Portugues dishes, but also offer other types of foods as well. Some of the food is a bit over priced, but the quality of food more than makes up for it. I have had excellent service both times. I sat on the patio and in the dining room, and if the weather allows I highly recommend the patio. It has a very earthy european feel to it. I will be returning soon.

• Visited July 2013