“Excellent food in Leamington if you're looking for something 'better'”

The Gallery Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 89 Restaurants in Leamington
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a family operation specialized in Portuguese home made cuisine, we do have Mediterranean dishes and some American also. All our desserts are home made. We do have facilities for meetings an group functions of up to 80 people. We do have an outdoor patio and bar with a Mediterranean theme and feeling. Our food is cooked to order. The Portuguese part of the menu is based on national and regional dishes and are as authentic as possible taking into account the availability of some of the products in our area.
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent food in Leamington if you're looking for something 'better'”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Nothing against Leamington, but there aren't a ton of dining options. However, we were lucky enough to stumble upon The Gallery. Great atmosphere, super friendly (but not annoying) staff, and delicious food. We followed the advice of other reviewers and stuck to the Portuguese options on the menu, but there is something for everyone. Excellent fish-based mains, and a solid wine list. Desserts out of this world! And well priced making it a strong value. Definitely worth a visit if you're looking for something other than pub food.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank KWH70

North Western, Ontario
“Fantastic portugese food... meh otherwise”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Had the seafood linguine, pork and potato something something and squid supper... all were 5/5 and utterly fabulous. Great portugese wine tah boot. That being said, one of the party ordered the perch (its winter mind) and it was mostly meh. Fantastic portugese food, stick to that part of the menu and you will be utterly satisfied.

• Visited March 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“An excellent experience”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have visited this restaurant 3 times over the past few years and so does our daughter who lives in Leamington.
The place never seems to be full, maybe that's just a coincidence; in any case it is a nice looking restaurant, good, warm atmosphere on the luxurious side.
The food is excellent and service very pleasant.
Maybe a touch too many Portuguese specialties, not sure too many people in that area would be very enthusiastic about that but other dishes were delicious.
I had veal medallions in brandy sauce, daughter had chicken parmigiana, husband had sirloin steak, all very tasty and the chocolate mousse for dessert was finger licking good.
Good wine choices with enough availability of wine by the glass.
We definitely recommend it if you're looking for something better than the usual Americana restaurants.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank MB13377
Burlington, Canada
“Looking forward to next time....loved it !”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were a bit early for the dinner hour, but were graciously accommodated for an early seating.
The decor offers a really nice setting with great ambience (loved the background music). Menu with a variety of options - three of us tried the liver and onions (with bacon) - we all felt it was one of the best liver dinners we had experienced, the other person tried a Mediterranean burger and thoroughly enjoyed that as well. A great soup of the day - roasted red pepper. And to end the meal, coconut cream pie (I've tried c.c.pie many places - this was the BEST !). Service was friendly - we'll be back again.....

• Visited November 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“A bit of Serendipity in Leamington”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Taking a wrong turn as I left Leamington brought me to the Gallery and an excellent meal. I was on my way out of town when I saw the building housing the Gallery, an old Church. I saw that it was open and as it was 7:30 I was hungry so I stopped. Walking in I was impressed with the decor but surprised to see no one eating. The owner came to greet me and assured me that they were open. For my entire meal experience I was the only one in the restaurant. As you might imagine the service was prompt and the food came quickly. I had Rapini soup which I enjoyed even though I didn't know what Rapini was. I ordered the Moroccan Kebabs which were 6 good size pieces of pork on a stick with cherry tomatoes on a bed of rice. On the side was fresh cooked vegetables such as sugar peas and squash. All in all a very good meal resulting from a wrong turn - a bit or Serendipity.

• Visited October 2013