“Love the food, .”

leamington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the food, .”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

always hot. We always get dinner for 2 deluxe, lots of food We order take out ready in 30 min. I find it the average price for Chinese. Ordered from Wongs around 8 times, only could complain once, chicken a little dry.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank shelley a

Cincinnati, Ohio
“UGH -Horrible Food!”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This is an easy review to do. Didn't think you could get worse than Happy Li but they sure did it. I wouldn't serve this food to my dog. Sweet n Sour Spare Ribs came breaded and sure wasn't spare ribs. I told the waitress/owner that they weren't spare ribs; she kept telling me I should have ordered the honey garlic ones because these came breaded. It didn't matter that these came breaded; because I don't know what they were. Could have been dog vertebrae all I know.

The Wong's Special Fried Rice (shrimp, pork, chicken) was burnt! I needed a magnifying glass to see the meat/shrimp. For my main course I ordered the Wong's Special - fresh shrimps, BBQ pork, white meat chicken sauteed with only the Best Chinese Vegetables and Mushrooms. I brought back a take-out menu because this was too good! Bland sauce and little shrimp/meat.

Add an iced tea and the bill was $37.69! What a total ripoff for crummy food. The owner mentioned this place has been open for over 20 years. She told the only other customer that her husband is cooking the food tonight. Not sure who is eating there. When I paid my bill she kept saying I ordered the wrong food.

In the states when a patron says the meal is bad they usually take something off or bring you something else. Don't rub it in my face that I should have ordered something else.

STAY AWAY FROM HERE!

• Visited June 2012
Richmond Hill, Ontario
“Not Only Chicken Balls”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

When on the road, we often become vegetable deprived (I don't consider salad a vegetable) from the usual road food. With very few exceptions, we can usually solve this issue by going to a Chinese restaurant. Being of Asian background, I know some have issues with "real" Chinese - I don't. Every country in the world has Chinese food adapted/tailored to their local tastes and ingredients, and North America is no exception.

That said, Wong's is very good, especially the protein/vegetable mixes that we tried.Beef with snow peas was quite tasty, but the peas were cooked a bit more than I prefer. Diced chicken with mixed vegetables, and the sizzling seafood hot plate were excellent. That and 3 Tsing Tao beers came came to around $50, Oh yes, small order of steamed rice was super-sized, gratis.

Service by the proprietor was friendly and helpful. Not crowded when we were there. The decor was okay, carpet looked original (25 yrs), but overall perfectly acceptable. Yes they have chicken balls, and the usual deep fried, glow-in-the-dark sweet and sour sauced offerings, but one can look deeper in the menu. We considered returning the next night to try their Schezwan offerings, but it was not convenient.

Overall, we were very satisfied and our road trip veggie craving was well satisfied.

• Visited May 2012
Windsor, Canada
“Good Food”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

and plenty of it!
Order was ready for pick up right on time and tasted delicious.

Visited January 2012
Woodstock, Canada
“Great Food, despite the decor”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Wong's serves some of the finest Chinese / Cantonese food in Essex County. The food is very fresh and made there. If you are new to Wong's I personally recommend the Cantonese meal with the pineapple chicken and the sizzling beef. Also their plum sauce is homemade, fresh and full of flavour.

Despite the great food, the decor of Wong's could use an makeover, as it still looks a bit drabby and outdated, however the place is very clean and the washrooms are sparkling and fresh smelling.

Meals are very affordable, me and my wife can eat there for under $30 for a combination dinner, which will no doubt have leftovers to take home with you at the end of your meal.

• Visited November 2011