“Okay, But . . .”
Review of Super 7 Motel

Super 7 Motel
Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 July 2012

On the advice of a friend we stayed here and asked for the Jacuzzi room. We ended up with a jacuzzi and a large room, with a fair size bathroom. However the room had a strong musty smell, and adding to the negative impression, patches on the wall, no sink stopper, and the shower had minor stains along the corners. A minimum of soap(3 little bars),no shampoo, no coffee maker or microwave, but there was a small fridge. There was a large air conditioner that worked well. Internet ( secure connection) 132 Mbps Down, .32 Mbps Up, worked well. This motel appears to be in several sections, with a restaurant in the middle. Our room was located in a back section on the southern side of the restaurant. Access was by one narrow road in and out, one lane wide. This was the only way in or out, and in the case of fire one would be in a bad position. There was no breakfast or extras of any kind. By the way, we elected not to use the jacuzzi. (¯`·._.·ns¢ävË·._.·´¯)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nscave

Reviewed 13 May 2011

I was quoted a rate of $47C for a night, but when I received my credit card statement the charge was $69C.

On top of that, the room was so old and small that a standand Motel 6 room would have been pure luxury. This place should have been torn down at the end of WWII.

Next time I will stay at the Motel 8 just one mile to the south. Looks like a real nice place plus you get a free full breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Patmillikin
Reviewed 12 February 2011

My family has been staying in London for the past week. My father is on Life Support, receiving chemotherapy for Lung Cancer, at Victoria Hospital. I booked a room at the Super 7 Motel, Thursday night and explained I may need to cancel on short notice depending on my fathers health. I was told that this would be no problem. Saturday, I called to cancel at 6am, but did not get through until 8:30. I was told there was a 48 hr cancellation time and we would be charged for the room. I tried to explain what the man had said, but she hung up on me. My sister tried calling back and explaining again, but the woman hung up on her. My mother tried calling back to explain and again was hung up on. We were trying very hard to be polite while explaining, and this is how we were treated. I have contacted the better business bureau and all of the associations that this company is affiliated with. I can not believe that during this terrible time, we have been treated this way by people who consider themselves service providers. I would warn future bookers, that cheap rates at this motel, come with extremely shadey practices and a complete lack of human compassion.

• Stayed: February 2011
4  Thank kangaroo47
Reviewed 2 October 2010

So I called to book a reservation with this hotel but first I had a few questions-as there is 4 of attending. I asked how many beds per room, the price and then I asked to book the room-as in make a reservation. The woman said I was asking irrelevant questions and then hung up on me. I called back and asked to speak with the manager, she refused and then I asked for her name, again, she refused, then hung up on me an additional time. So my friend called back and gets a male answering the phone. She explains what occured and the guy (must be a husband and wife team) says then can refuse to give information. When she explained that the questions were specific to the room and making a reservation, he said they weren't. In the end the conversation deteriorated as he couldn't be reasoned with-my friend called them &*(holes because of the incredibly poor service. I recommend avoiding this place because if this is how they behave over the phone, can you imagine how they run the place!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Coop70
Reviewed 21 April 2010

All I can say is wow, what a friendly place! The rates were low too and fit in my budget! Because I was a lone female traveller, they put me in the room right next to the office, which was very appreciated as it made me feel really safe. I had booked in for two nights as the course I was taking in London was supposed to be two evenings long. We finished in one so I did not need the second night lodging. They refunded the second night with no problem! The rooms are clean and neat and I had a microwave/ fridge in my room for the food I had brought with me. I will definitely stay here again and I recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank kebra
Reviewed 15 July 2009

My first time staying at this motel was to visit my hubby in Parkwood hospital which is so close to this motel I could walk there.
I made the reservation a week before my arrival. When checking in I was told since I was travelling alone I was put in a room close to the office. Talk about a caring attitude. Wonderful.
I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean,quiet,comfortable and affordable place to stay.
The staff and owners are very accomadating. So much so that my girlfriend from Brantford was coming to visit John in Parkwood. When I asked them to bill me for the extra person so Flo would not have to travel back home I was told there would be no charge.
You do not get this kind of service from one of the Big chain hotels. As a matter of fact the night of Johns' emergency surgery I called one of the competitors for their "compassionate hospital rate" and was told it was $99.00 for the 5 hours I would be in the room.
I will be using Super 7 Motel for all future stays in London.
Give these folks a try.