“Good, cheap accomodation:”

Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in London
Hamilton, Canada
“Good, cheap accomodation:”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

The room was clean. Everything was functional. The sheets on the king sized bed smelled a bit of bleach, confirming that they were clean and spotless. There is a Sushi restaurant on the premises and a Tim Horton's right next door.

I've stayed here in the past and would do so again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank camper226

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mount Brydges, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I am having a medical test for which I willl have a general anaesthetic and can't drive for 24 hours after the test. The test is in a little over two weeks' time and I need an early check-in time because the test is earlier in the morning (I need to check in at the clinic for 0730, test @ 0800). I went to book a room here (closer to the clinic where I'm having the test, so would have cost less in cab fare). I explained the reason for my needing an early check-in time and the person I dealt with was really rude (not going to mention the woman's ethnicity--not worth it, as I think there are rude people in every ethnicity), and insisted that I check in at 9:30. I will be in the middle of getting my wits about me at 0930, not quite fully recovered from the anaesthetic. If I was to check in when she wanted me to, how do I know the person helping me check in won't take advantage of me?! In this case, you really do get what you pay for. I wouldn't suggest this place to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Quality Suites (Dearness Drive) a better option. They have a hospital rate. I stayed here after my...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Christine H
Halifax, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

You get what you pay for,right?
If you are just looking for a bed to sleep in for a night or so and you dont want to spend much money, so you can go for this motel.
Otherwise, I had bad experience in my stay. They dont clean the room perfectly, the dont change the beddings at all.
At night, always noisy since people around in other rooms like to hang out and chat loudly. I mentioned this to the managers but no response, they didnt do anything.
The AC is very noisy, if you have light sleep so you rather sleep in a warm room. The internet keeps coming and going.
Overall, very poor motel

Room Tip: never in this motel
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank drsmsm
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Scary rooms...staff not friendly....cheap indian guy who is worried that there will be no ice left for the crackhead occupants which reside in bearly occupied motel. Dirty room, soap burns your skin, no shampoo, bathtub is made for midgets.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Igor P
Dartmouth, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

On the advice of a friend we stayed here and asked for the Jacuzzi room. We ended up with a jacuzzi and a large room, with a fair size bathroom. However the room had a strong musty smell, and adding to the negative impression, patches on the wall, no sink stopper, and the shower had minor stains along the corners. A minimum of soap(3 little bars),no shampoo, no coffee maker or microwave, but there was a small fridge. There was a large air conditioner that worked well. Internet ( secure connection) 132 Mbps Down, .32 Mbps Up, worked well. This motel appears to be in several sections, with a restaurant in the middle. Our room was located in a back section on the southern side of the restaurant. Access was by one narrow road in and out, one lane wide. This was the only way in or out, and in the case of fire one would be in a bad position. There was no breakfast or extras of any kind. By the way, we elected not to use the jacuzzi. (¯`·._.·ns¢ävË·._.·´¯)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nscave
Bay Area, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

I was quoted a rate of $47C for a night, but when I received my credit card statement the charge was $69C.

On top of that, the room was so old and small that a standand Motel 6 room would have been pure luxury. This place should have been torn down at the end of WWII.

Next time I will stay at the Motel 8 just one mile to the south. Looks like a real nice place plus you get a free full breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Patmillikin
Chatham, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

My family has been staying in London for the past week. My father is on Life Support, receiving chemotherapy for Lung Cancer, at Victoria Hospital. I booked a room at the Super 7 Motel, Thursday night and explained I may need to cancel on short notice depending on my fathers health. I was told that this would be no problem. Saturday, I called to cancel at 6am, but did not get through until 8:30. I was told there was a 48 hr cancellation time and we would be charged for the room. I tried to explain what the man had said, but she hung up on me. My sister tried calling back and explaining again, but the woman hung up on her. My mother tried calling back to explain and again was hung up on. We were trying very hard to be polite while explaining, and this is how we were treated. I have contacted the better business bureau and all of the associations that this company is affiliated with. I can not believe that during this terrible time, we have been treated this way by people who consider themselves service providers. I would warn future bookers, that cheap rates at this motel, come with extremely shadey practices and a complete lack of human compassion.

• Stayed February 2011