“Poor customer service and not secure”

Guest House on the Mount
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in London
“Poor customer service and not secure”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed here for an extended stay. The front desk staff & housekeeping were never helpful or friendly. The kitchen was always dirty (sink full of dishes, dirty coffee maker, no clean dishes or tea towels,dirty shelves in the fridge) and the floors in my room were never clean. The duvet cover on the bed smelled so bad I insisted it be changed. Food went missing from the fridge as well. My bed was uncomfortable.

The positives included the location which is close to the hospital and the price. The grounds are quite nice as well.

I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Mark H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
asd
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

This former Ontario Mental Health facility (or at least the second floor) has been converted into a hotel. Receptionist was young and pleasant. The room I had was simple: good, soft bed, table beside. Small closet. Tiny table. Would have liked another surface, a desk. Bathroom quite a ways down the hall; one big black cricket (or...?). Kitchen available but had no idea if we were allowed to use it (hadn't read these reviews earlier) so didn't. WARNING: terrible signage getting to the place. You'll reach the main parking area, yes, but once there, drive way LEFT, in between what I seem to recall was an Alzheimer's building and some kind of sheds, and THEN you'll be on the right parking lot. I would stay here again. Wish I had known I could walk through the park to the hospital -- would have saved myself the $11 parking fee over there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

After a weeks work, My husband and I were looking forward to a relaxing sleep in london. Wile looking for Guest House on the Mount, the directions they give you on there website lead you to an intersection? We had gotten lost for half an hour till we finally called and the receptionist. She was a young girl with no real education on the actual directions herself, she simply said look for the black and white sign???. We finally made it and it looked as if we stumbled onto a lot of medical offices and industrial wear housing? Once directed to the entrance we climbed to flights of stairs, we were given our room key to which the room was so small and the colors dull, not only was the TV as big as my Tablet there was also no SHOWER!!!!. on top of that the washroom was covered in pubic hair and the toilet had some sort of mucus color too it. We now explained to the receptionist in pure exhaustion. She transfered our room, we were so tired we just checked our bed and crashed! We wake up at 11:10 to someone walking in our room!!!! my husband had to jump out of bed and slam the door!. We were never told our checkout time! Now we are more than angry rushing to get our things and get the hell out ,we go to use the washroom and there is hair and paint and old tape stuck under the lid!!!! We left immediately and confronted the NEW receptionist and she was very rude and awaiting confrontation! I explained and all she said was I'm sorry! NEVER EVER STAY HERE!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
15 Thank MunirihSuddess
Ten Mile, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

It was a nice nights sleep on a cold and snowy winters eve. The staff although not overly friendly, was nice and helpful. The room was not elegant but was clean and bed comfortable (I prefer dorm for savings but private was only thing available). Bathrooms were centrally located and also cleanliness was good. Kitchen was stocked enough for simple cooking and included coffee/tea was nice. I didn't require it but laundry facility seemed a nice bonus. I'm a pretty simple traveler and can overlook many things based on a balance of staff attitude, room/facilities meeting my needs, and value for the money. This meets all the above with reasonable effectiveness and therefore met my satisfaction. The highlight was enjoying coffee in the lounge with nice snowy view of the Thames river...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Mark F
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Front desk/customer service was good, attentive and willing to help. The apartments is simple but outdated, small, door to the balcony did not lock and could be opened from outside and the cleaning was not up to standards.

The rate does not include breakfast and wi-fi worked well.

Location is good and convenient, although the price seems to be quite reasonable, you can definitely get a better room in another place with breakfast included for the same price.

Webpage over promised, room conditions under delivered.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
35 Thank nyork12345
Windsor, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

This place is a run down boarding house and has the standards of the fifties.
It is definitely not recommended if you are looking for privacy and want to relax in a clean and comfortable room.

The rooms are spartan and small. No table, no chair, no radio, no clock, no shelf space.
The Queen beds are small and worn out.
The sound proof is very poor. You will hear your neighbours business. The heating, ventilation, air conditioning can not be regulated and is loud.
To get a reasonable rate you have to use the public bathrooms that are simple and not always clean.

The kitchen is substandard equipped and there is a lack of food.

To sum this up this a very spartan place to stay if you do not mind to share your life in public and are looking for the standards of a "Guest House".

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
23 Thank Heather W
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed here when my mother was in hospital; it's about a 10 minute walk door to door, and you're walking across a park for about half that walk.

My family stayed in the "family suites" (we rented 2, without bathrooms): 2 single beds, 1 queen bed, table with 4 chairs, closet (one has a tiny closet, the other a large walk-in), mini-fridge, flatscreen TV (with a more than acceptable program selection), couch, and some random night tables / end tables.

Furnishings seemed quite new, albiet requiring someone to go over them and retighten the bolts ... especially the queen bed and the chairs. These two rooms are giant; during the day, we had upwards of 10-12 people in one of the rooms and it wasn't crowded. The two rooms we had were the "chapel" in this facility before it was repurposed, so a bunch of the windows were stained glass. Linens were seemingly of high quality and were clean, as expected.

The hotel has common kitchens, laundry facilities, and washrooms; most rooms don't have them unless specified. As well, there is a common area with a big TV and lots of chairs and tables; this is a "quiet" area, good for reading or watching something if there are others sleeping in your room. The common kitchen is big and well stocked (pots, pans, cutlery, toaster, microwave, collanders, etc) with two enormous fridges for all to store their items. The bathrooms are very utilitarian, but have accessible showers and toilets, and are very clean. Laundry facilities are coin operated; $2 per, and the machines have quite high capacity.

Front desk staff are there 24 hrs a day and were very helpful when we needed assistance. Special mention to Matilda (I hope I remember her name correctly).

If I had a complaint, it was the queen bed was soft. I suppose it's personal preference, but I've personally never slept on such a soft bed.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a family room without bathroom, request 210; it has a much larger closet whic...