“Sad”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant - CLOSED

Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$26
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central London
Cross street: Piccadilly Street
Description: Marrying old world charm with high tech, Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant offers London diners a unique culinary experience. Established four years ago, owner Felipe Gomes has marketed Aroma as a destination eatery in the Forest City, with facilities for friends and corporate team building, a private conference room for up to 30, as well as a beautiful courtyard and dining room, featuring entertainment on weekends. Gomes’ newest addition to Aroma is an 18th century inspired wine cellar. To accompany the fabulous food, environment and wonderful wines, one can expect to see European style entertainment that complements all three. Every weekend features opera, Fado (Portuguese), Spanish guitarists, Flamenco, or jazz.
London, Canada
“Sad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

The atmosphere is amazing. I was just disappointed with the chicken dinner I had, it was very dry. I will give the menu another try soon the atmosphere at this point is what will bring me back to this restaurant. My fingers are crossed!!

• Visited March 2014
AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Terry S,
We are pleased you tried Aroma and enjoyed our unique atmosphere. In regards to the chicken, we apologize that it was dry. In the future please do not hesitate to inform your server or manager and we will be happy to offer alternatives or compensation. Our culinary team has been informed of your comment; customer feedback is important and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We strive to provide not only an elegant atmosphere but also delicious cuisine and quality service for every guest.

Toronto, Canada
“Major Mark-Up”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I am writing this review to provide those who may choose to order wine with a warning of the exceptionally large mark-up at this restaurant.

While waiting for our meal my co-workers and I took some time to discuss the wine for sale on the wall next to us. As the curios fellow I am I decided to Google at random two bottles from their selection with prices labeled $100 and $150. The bottle priced at $150 was available at the LCBO for $15, and the bottle labeled as $100 was available at the LCBO for $16. Typical mark-up on a bottle of wine is about 3 times as much (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/food-and-wine/wine/why-you-pay-52-for-a-15-wine-in-a-restaurant/article11919459/), so 10 times the price at this restaurant seems a bit excessive.

Due to frequently traveling to London for work over the last few weeks I have had the opportunity to sample a variety of restaurants. I recently dined at this restaurant for the first time this evening with two other co-workers. The service was fine and the food was alright. I ordered the paella which was disappointing, but my co-workers enjoyed their fish and ravioli. One of my co-workers really enjoyed the atmosphere and design, while the remainder felt it was a bit over-the-top.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank InMyMouth
AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Users,
Please be aware that we carry a wide selection of vintage wines available for purchase from the shelves in our Wine Cellar as well as wines from our restaurant wine list. Bottles of wine are available starting from $30.00 per bottle and up. We also provide the option for guests to bring their own wine in which case a corking fee of $15.00 per 750ml bottle would apply. We provide wines for all budgets so that our guests have a variety to choose from.
London
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Been there many times, it's one of our favourite Restaurants. They are consistent - great food, great service, lots of variety, very fair prices and amazing atmosphere. A great place for company events, special occasions or just a need to go out for lunch or dinner. Would suggest reservations as this is a popular restaurant.

Visited January 2014
AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear LoveLonndon,
We noticed this is your second review of Aroma, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other TripAdvisor users. We strive to create a great dining experience for all guests with our delicious cuisine, unique atmosphere, and quality service. Thank you for the continued support of Aroma. We look forward to having you join us again soon!
London, Canada
“Outstanding Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

As the title suggests, we had such a good evening. We came by without a reservation to try it out (actually, had planned on heading to the Keg). Thought we'd give this place a try. Food was good, but the service was outstanding. We were having a date night, and in no rush. When our appetizers didn't come in the first 10 minutes, the waiter apologized (hadn't really known it was a wait by any means), and brought a bowl of the house soup. Appetizers followed quickly thereafter, and then a great meal (NY Steak done on the rare side of medium rare, just like I wanted, and my wife had Chef's pasta...heavenly garlic/cheese sauce which wasn't too heavy or overpowering. I don't think the water glass was emptied before a waiter came by to fill it once during our hour and a half meal. Nice ambiance. Even with a party of 20 next to us with reservations, who were having a fun time and a bit boisterous, I really liked this place.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ken S
AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Ken S,

We are very pleased that you decided to try Aroma on your recent date night! Walk in guests are always welcome. Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. A unique and elegant atmosphere, delicious cuisine and quality service are the perfect ingredients for a great dining experience. Your admiring comments have been posted for the staff to read and we look forward to having you join us again soon for you next date night or other occasions.

London, Ontario, Canada
“Always great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times. I was actually proposed to her. The music, the singers, always great ambiance. The food is always good.
I loved the violinist on Valentine's Day. The food is a great mix of mediterranean flavours. I will be going back as soon as I can. I'm always telling people about this restaurant

• Visited August 2012
AromaRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Aroma Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Annette T,
We are pleased to receive your post about Aroma, thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.
We strive to always create the perfect guest experience, not only through our cuisine but with our quality service and unique atmosphere. As you mentioned, the musical entertainment really adds to the overall dining experience at Aroma and we are pleased to showcase some great local talent.
Thank you again for your support and we look forward to having you join us again soon.