“Convenient and accommodating.”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in London
Brampton, Canada
“Convenient and accommodating.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We enjoyed our overnight stay immensely. Staff was friendly and the rooms were very nice. Reminded me of boutique hotels I have stayed at in Scandinavia. We had two rooms, one with a king sized bed and the other with two doubles. For a modest fee ( $15.00) a cot was provided when we needed a place for a late addition to our group. All in all a pleasant stay and a hotel I would recommend heartily.

• Stayed August 2012
Zul K, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 25 September 2015
We truly appreciate your taking the time to leave us a review. We take great pride in providing a great experience to our treasured guests.

Thanks and safe travels from the entire team at Metro!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

My bf and I were making our way to Grand Bend Beach in hopes that we were get a nice hotel around the area. Unfortunately, all of the hotels/motels were booked AND overpriced. So I did my research and found this little gem in London. The drive from this hotel to the beach was about less than an hr (I suggest bringing your own music!).

Anyways going back to topic, this hotel was very modern and chic! The service was very welcoming and helpful. My bf was looking for parking that wasn't too expensive and the guy at the reception desk gave us a specific direction on how to get there.

When we got to the room, it pretty much looked like a loft and felt cozy. It was an open concept, meaning the shower and tub was not in a separate room but the toilet was (exactly how the pictures look like). I personally felt like this hotel was meant for couples and not so much family only because it was just one giant room and had little privacy.

We got a king size bed and let's just say, I was sleeping like a starfish all night (my bf didn't mind haha). I guess that's how comfortable and satisfied I was with the bed.
Outside of our room was a massive festival filled with concerts and such, and let me tell you, even having 3 windows I heard none of it! :)

There was one thing I want to point out, at night when we were about to sleep the AC kept turning on, making noise. But it wasn't annoying, more like a background noise. But otherwise, I'm definitely glad that I picked this hotel and looking forward to coming back ;)

-On a side note, the hotel does offer more of a romantic ambiance in your room (such as strawberry dipped chocolate, rose petals, candles etc) only for a little extra charge. I'm definitely keeping that in mind on my next trip!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Owen Sound, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

We were in town to see Neil Diamond, and stayed here because of the location of the hotel in relation to the John Labatt's Center, right across the road. The Hotel is witin walking distance to many restaurants, and offered a nice nights rest. I was able to get a Groupon deal, and must say if I had to have paid full price, I may have been a little disappointed, but witht he Groupon rate, it was worth it. Not parking, so facotr in an extra $13.00 a day when considering this place.

1 Thank Artie1

Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

Spent a weekend at the new modern boutique hotel in London, Ontario.
Spacious room was unlike any other we have ever stayed in.
The bath and shower were part of the room; the washroom had a door on it.
The staff in the hotel was pleasant and very helpful.
There is no parking that is part of the hotel; have to part at the Covent Market across the street and if you want to go in and out there is no single day rate and you have to keep paying parking fees.
The room we had overlooked Covent Market and was a bit noisy so if I return I would ask for a room away from the street.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street would be quieter.
1 Thank northyorker

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

This boutique hotel has tremendous potential, but the new manager has some work to do. The staff were incredible: very friendly and willing to help make an anniversary trip special. The location is great if you want to explore downtown on foot. Plenty of wonderful restaurants within a 2-5 block walk. But our room (the wheelchair accessible room on the 4th floor) had a leaky ceiling and a shower curtain rod that kept falling down. The HVAC is very loud and it is clear from work being done in the lobby that they are fixing their air handling system. If you are a very picky traveler, you may want to stick with larger hotels with quality control staff. But if you want something funky and don't mind a few oddities, this is a very fun stop on a trip.

, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
We look forward to our guest comments as it makes us better. Our guest is very correct! Previous night we had a leak due to rain. Due to time limit we only did a touch up job. We will be fixing it once for all.
Bath room curtain: I am using the same curtain today and all it needed was a small adjustment. Since I live in house, ONE phone call to front desk and I would have adjusted it. But we are at fault for not detecting it prior to guest arrival. We have added additional housekeeping staff to ease pressure. We are committed to improving all our issues.
The AC fan is a bit loud and even after every effort we are unable to make it totally quite. We do have many guests who find it acceptable. But we certainly fell short of our current guest and we have a second plan to make the fan quieter.

Ehsan Khandaker
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have mixed feelings. I really like the size of the hotel, and I don't need many amenities to be happy. My only real complaint was that the A/C pumped out hot air all night. All around we had a good stay, the staff was very accomodating.

Now, to the real problem. We booked through Expedia, and paid our fare for one night directly to Expedia - $179. A month later my VISA was charged an extra $485 directly from the hotel. When I called they said this was for another stay that weekend that we had neither booked nor stayed. They said since the stay was paid through chip and PIN, they could not reimburse. I think their system held my information for the damage deposit, and somehow charged my card for someone else stay.

I really hope this gets resolved quickly - or i can not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cronin84
, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
We sincerely appreciated guest concerns and patronage. After normal processing time with credit card company's response the issue has been resolved to every once satisfaction.
I have personally contacted our guest and assured our best care possible for next visit. Our guest has accepted my offer. As a small boutique hotel our staff are very much involved with guest issues, they all appreciated our guest's comments and resolve.

Ehsan Khandaker
Ann Arbor, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

I liked the contemporary design and downtown location of this hotel. Our queen room had a very open design with chrome and glass furniture. The tub was large and comfortable. We spoke with several staff and all were very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and quiet, well, quiet from inside the hotel. It is located on a very busy "alley" - part of the appeal - which was alive with street noise of people going to the clubs, etc. The location is great if you like window shopping as there are two shopping districts nearby.
The only negatves I would note were that there were lights burned out in the stairwell. We told the front desk about this and they had still not replaced these 2 days later when we were leaving - this could be a safety issue. Also, they did not make up our room until about 4 in the afternoon, but once they finished it was nice and clean.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family