“Underwhelming, just okay”
Review of Hotel Metro

Hotel Metro
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 September 2012

After seeing the stunning photos on Hotel Metro's website and being a fan of boutique hotels I had high expectations I suppose. Upon entering our room there was a funny smell, just the cleaning products I think but not pleasing. The thing I love about boutique hotels are how unique the rooms are but the first thing I saw was an ugly wood panel in the window to accommodate the window air conditioner. I understand an old building might not have central air, but the wood panel could have been painted to match the room or the blind pulled down to hide it. I love open concept rooms but this one just felt like they forgot to put a wall where the shower/sink was. The bed frame was slightly too big for the mattress which caused both my husband and I to hit our shins on it multiple times. The sink didn't drain properly and there was loud music and noise from the bar nearby until 2am. It was a great location and very clean just a lot of little things that we likely wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lpoel

Reviewed 28 August 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this hotel!
The staff(Ryan and Katherynne),and the manager were all warm ,welcoming ,helpful and knowledgeable .Great restaurant suggestions and directions.
The hotel surpassed my expectations!The decor was tasteful and modern,room huge with separate shower and bath tub,free internet and North America long distance calling.
I will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Facing Market rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
KHANDAKER, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Your review is just one more reason why our staff enjoys working at hotel metro! Great review or not so it always motivates us to do better. Thank you so much. Ehsan Khandaker, GM

Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I spent a lovely weekend there celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary few weeks ago, unfortunately I do not remember the lady who checked us in when we arrived on the Wednesday but she was very friendly and helpful.
Although the air condition unit was a bit loud we were told how that could be adjusted and it was. No hassle at all, hence the 5 stars. Good location, lovely people, you should visit. All in all a terrific place ! Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you so very much for your observations. We were delighted to have you at hm and look forward to serving you very soon.
While we can control what happens inside hotel metro. i. e. our service, Exclusive, Private and Unique! Your review will be instrumental for our city officials.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Ehsan Khandaker, General Manager

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The room was beautiful;.brick wall, clean-looking modern furniture, loft feel and amazing bathtub and shower stall as part of the open concept. A perfect example of what a room in a boutique hotel should look like; lovely attention to detail, wonderful, thick, absorbent towels and plush bathrobe that does the trick after a shower with a great rainwater style shower head.

The staff was amazing. They bent over backwards to accommodate my requests and they did it with a smile and genuine friendliness. Clearly they enjoy working there and I got the feeling that they are treated well.

Also, we ate at blu duby, the restaurant in the hotel and it was delicious. I have a number of dietary restrictions and ended up with a yummy meal that took these restrictions into account beautifully.

Finally, I booked a hot stone massage and the therapist that the staff arranged was amazing. One of the best massages I've ever had - and I've had quite a few. I'm forever fighting repetitive motion injuries as a result of being married to my computer and this was one, amazing massage.

All in all a great experience. We'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King loft suite and it was gorgeous.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
KHANDAKER, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

As a boutique hotel we take pride in serving our guests. Planning is half the battle. Just ask us and w'll plan your best getaways! from in-room massage to floating candles to roses; all planned just the exact times you wish. All Our satisfied guests have taken our advice. So go ahead, call us for your next stay in London. We are listening to our valued guests!

Reviewed 12 August 2012

A great place to stay! Perfect location - close to train and bus stations. Amazing bathtub - perfect after a long day's travel. Great staff - super helpful. I would definitely stay here again when I am in London. Very spacious, modern, open-concept room with great amenities.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Zul K, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2015

We truly appreciate your taking the time to leave us a review. We take great pride in providing a great experience to our treasured guests.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We enjoyed our overnight stay immensely. Staff was friendly and the rooms were very nice. Reminded me of boutique hotels I have stayed at in Scandinavia. We had two rooms, one with a king sized bed and the other with two doubles. For a modest fee ( $15.00) a cot was provided when we needed a place for a late addition to our group. All in all a pleasant stay and a hotel I would recommend heartily.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 24 July 2012

My bf and I were making our way to Grand Bend Beach in hopes that we were get a nice hotel around the area. Unfortunately, all of the hotels/motels were booked AND overpriced. So I did my research and found this little gem in London. The drive from this hotel to the beach was about less than an hr (I suggest bringing your own music!).

Anyways going back to topic, this hotel was very modern and chic! The service was very welcoming and helpful. My bf was looking for parking that wasn't too expensive and the guy at the reception desk gave us a specific direction on how to get there.

When we got to the room, it pretty much looked like a loft and felt cozy. It was an open concept, meaning the shower and tub was not in a separate room but the toilet was (exactly how the pictures look like). I personally felt like this hotel was meant for couples and not so much family only because it was just one giant room and had little privacy.

We got a king size bed and let's just say, I was sleeping like a starfish all night (my bf didn't mind haha). I guess that's how comfortable and satisfied I was with the bed.
Outside of our room was a massive festival filled with concerts and such, and let me tell you, even having 3 windows I heard none of it! :)

There was one thing I want to point out, at night when we were about to sleep the AC kept turning on, making noise. But it wasn't annoying, more like a background noise. But otherwise, I'm definitely glad that I picked this hotel and looking forward to coming back ;)

-On a side note, the hotel does offer more of a romantic ambiance in your room (such as strawberry dipped chocolate, rose petals, candles etc) only for a little extra charge. I'm definitely keeping that in mind on my next trip!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple