“Uber modern - Central location”
Review of Hotel Metro

Hotel Metro
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in London
Chicago
“Uber modern - Central location”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed here with some friends for a concert at the arena (which was a mere block away!). Very chic and modern - clean lines, straight lines, and a modern black/gray/silver/purple decor. I would strongly encourage you to check out the room photos and make sure you can live with the layout. The king rooms with open bathroom layouts are definitely not for everyone!

The wifi is a little tenuous - it never worked in my room, though at times, I could connect to the outdoor wifi network available in the area. Only two connections are permitted per room, according to the front desk.

The only trouble we had once we arrived was zero hot water at 9 AM on a Monday morning. When I say zero - I mean zero. I let my shower run for over 20 minutes, on the advice of the front desk to "let the water run for a little bit." Nothing. Not even lukewarm. We kind of got the runaround from the front desk on the issue, as well, finally being told as we checked out that someone was on their way to fix it. That said - it was not a hotel-wide issue as friends on a different floor had hot water. Very strange.

All in all, it was a fun place to stay.

Room Tip: Please look at the room photos and know what you're in for!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Zul K, General Manager at Hotel Metro, responded to this review, 23 September 2015
We truly appreciate your taking the time to leave us a review. We take great pride in providing a great experience to our treasured guests.

Thanks and safe travels from the entire team at Metro!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Metro in London, on Labour Day weekend and it was great! Very chic, modern, boutique hotel, very clean! The staff was great! The one little thing that I didn't like though, is that in keeping with the chic style, it provided no privacy for showering. The bathub is in a corner of the room, right next to a stand up shower...it's great for style, ideal for a romantic weekend getaway, but not very practical. It was fine for my boyfriend and I, but a shower curtain at the stand up shower would be great!
The restaurant downstairs seemed very nice, but no time to check it out. Parking is on the street free, or underground at the market for $10. a night.
I definitely recommend this hotel, we loved the complimentary bottles of water they left us, greatly appreciated! I also loved that they called up after we'd settled in to make sure everything was good in the room.
We'll definitely stay there again next summer, and hopefully there are shower curtains up by then!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Moni S

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at Hotel Metro this past weekend and couldn't be more pleased with the experience. The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance to many bars and restaurants on Richmond Street. My boyfriend and I had the good fortune of being upgraded to the Loft King Suite on the top floor of the hotel. It was a beautiful room - large, plush bed, clean, modern bathroom, lots of towels, nice lighting, and the diffusers in the room made it smell great. It is clear that the staff go the extra mile to make sure guests feel comfortable. I absolutely recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Pembroke, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here for a wedding. The rooms are very nice, definitely geared up for a "hip, chic" look, which doesn't particularly matter to me but was nice anyhow. The beds are comfortable, it's right next to the Convent Garden Market and there are several nice bars and places to eat nearby.

My one concern with the rooms is that in going for the trendy style, the room lacked some practicality. On the first night (before the wedding), I split the room with another groomsman to save money. The lack of a shower door (the shower and bathtub are open to the rest of the room), there had to be some significant pre-planning before shower time. As expensive as the hotel already was (it's not cheap, but it's expected for a nice little boutique-type hotel like this one, I guess), I would have gladly paid for a shower curtain that morning, let me tell you! Honestly not a huge problem, as 99% of guests wouldn't have this problem (couples or single occupants).

I didn't try the restaurant, but it looked nice. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful as well.

Parking wasn't ideal (very expensive pay parking in the lot, or parking on the street -- I just parked at a friend's house 8 blocks away, it was easier).

All in all, not bad. A little pricey for me ($150 a night), but if you like a snazzy hotel, it's worth it!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (facing the Market) are quieter and have a better view. The corner suites ha...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aidski

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We loved our stay at hotel metro. It's proximity to Covent Garden Market (just across the street!) makes it particularly attractive. The restaurant next door, Blu Duby (also providing room service) is a great find.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank scourtice

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Loved the hotel metro. Everything was clean and smelled great, even the lobby! Staff was friendly, knowledgable, and cooperative. Location is directly across for Covent Gardens Market. Only issue is parking. Either the street or the lot across the block is available for a fee

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Hotel Metro is London's most chic hotel. If you want a taste of urban modernity, this is it: neutral colours, 90-degree angles, open shower (and separate tub). The rooms are also quite large. The Vera Wang mattresses are very comfortable.

The building is in downtown London. One potential drawback for light sleepers is that some of the rooms face Dundas Street, a major road that wakes up around 5.00a. The hotels's windows, which open, block out most of the sound; I slept with the windows open, for fresh air and because the ventilation fan in my room was noisier than the traffic.

Public parking is nearby, abundant and inexpensive. Although the hotel does not provide breakfast, breakfast options in the area are plentiful. I did not try Blu Duby, the restaurant/bar on the premises.

The staff is very friendly and also very professional. They take pride in their hotel, and it shows. I am happy to recommend Hotel Metro.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business