Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We have stayed at the Lamplighter 3 times. Wonderful place to stay with kids. Go for the balcony or pool level rooms that face the atrium and pool. Nice atmosphere. Can keep eye on kids from balcony if they are old enough. Feels like a taste of resort life. Staff are great. Waterslide popular, but kids must be 4 feet tall as you often get dunked at the bottom. We travel 3.5 hours for a getaway there every once in a while. Rooms are clean, but lack cooking facilities. However they gave us a microwave and there was a fridge there. Good restaurants nearby. The hotel is priced well. Only negative thing, the pool and atrium often get shut down for a couple hours for weddings, but you will know in advance as they do put up signs and you can see the setup happening. We will be going back soon.

Room Tip: Ask for microwave and room facing the atrium. Balcony rooms are the best! 2 big plasma TV's.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank lowell4942
fanofhotel, Manager at Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Dear lowell494,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and also for your continuous visits to our Hotel. Three hours can be a long and tiring trip for a family -- I really appreciate you making the drive and am glad to hear it's worth the trip.

I am glad to hear your family enjoys the Atrium. I also feel it offers a taste of the "resort life"; the only difference being, no airport line ups!

Thank you again for choosing our Hotel for your family getaways -- we look forward to welcoming you back.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Lamplighter Inn and Conference Centre

Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I stayed at the Lamplighter Inn for a conference in June 2011. It was a wonderfully relaxing week. The room that I had was very clean and had a sitting room and a seperate bedroom which was very comfortable! We ate the majority of our meals at the hotel and the food was wonderful!

My favourite part was the centre of the hotel. There is a huge atrium with plants, lots of natural beauty, a waterfall and pool--a real oasis! This atrium was a wonderful place to meet and just chat while enjoying the sun and listening to the waterfall during the day. A relaxing place to be in the evening too! Many of the rooms have balconies overlooking this area.

It was a very enjoyable relaxing week.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 2Trek4Fun
fanofhotel, Manager at Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

Dear 2Trek4Fun,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel and for your great comments. We have the pleasure of hosting many Conference's throughout the year and I am very glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. I will be sure to pass your comments regarding the food onto our Culinary team and Banquets staff.

I am also glad to hear you enjoyed your guest room and got the chance to enjoy the Atrium. It truly offers something different for our guests and I'm glad you took the time to soak it all in.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we get to welcome you back!

Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed for my nephews wedding with wife and 4 kids in two rooms. Very clean rooms, standard size, one room was a suite, very comfortable. The pool atrium and wter slide wwre bigger than I expected from the pictures on the website. The kids loved it. The catering of the wedding was very good.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank brianfind

Dear brianfind,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will be sure to forward your comments on to the rest of the staff.

I am also glad to hear you found the Catering of the wedding enjoyable -- we have a dedicated Banquets team who work extremely hard to ensure all events go off without a hitch.

Thank you again and hopefully we will welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2011

The Family and I have stayed at this hotel 2 times before and we love it. The pool and slide are great for the kids. We had a room on the main floor with easy access to the pool and slide.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank joe9357
fanofhotel, Manager at Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Dear joe9357,

Thank you for your comments and your families continuous visits to our Hotel. The pool and waterslide are a favourite for most of our guest's, especially the little one's.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

This is my 3rd time staying at the Lamplighter and it was great as usual! Everybody seemed to know what they were doing and the rooms were very nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank trainfanjacob8

Dear Jim6091,

Thank you for your review and for your continuous visits to our property and I will be sure to forward your comments along to the rest of the team.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 August 2011

Once again we were in London On.for three nights,attending my husbands lawn bowls tournament .....Well appointed room,slippers and beautiful towelling robe provided for lady....Spa bath and seperate shower, spotless comfy bed.....small fridge,coffee machine,miniture bath salts,shampoo etc..

Pool area magnificent,surrounded by real lush tropical plants,flowers and folliage....Obviously well maintained and lovingly tended...Lots of fun games for kids in pool!!

Very happy that this Inn was recommended to us.......

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Minna41

Dear Minna41,

I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for your wonderful compliments.

I am happy to hear you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the extra amenities we provide. The slippers are a favourite for our guest's!

I will be sure to forward on your comments regarding the Atrium Gardens to Phil, our on-staff Horticulturalist. He takes a lot of pride in the work he does and it shows.

Thank you Minna41 and I hope we get to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 20 July 2011

We were expecting something a little run-down, as these types of hotels can sometimes be, but were totally surprised by how modern and clean everything was. We got a 2 room suite which was very clean and newly furnished. The bathroom had a tub and a separate shower stall, both immaculate. The bed was a little firm but otherwise comfortable. We requested a microwave in the room which was brought up promptly. There was plenty of room for the microwave on the oversized desk. The fridge worked well. Carpets in all areas were extremely clean.
The jewel of this hotel is the lovely tropical atrium with pool and waterslide. Although we were disappointed that our 5-year-old (who is quite tall for his age) was just a few inches too small to use the waterslide (48 inches minimum I believe), but understandable for safety reasons.
The games room kept the kids amused for hours on end. The only problem we had with the place was that our package was supposed to include either a movie or 2 hours of Nintendo, however both the movie and game system was down during our stay. They did compensate us by giving us $25 worth of game tokens, so that was fine with the kids.
Shelley's restaurant was quite good and reasonably priced. Although the sign outside that says "Breakfast from $4.99" was rather misleading, as the KIDS breakfast was $4.99 and adult breakfasts started around $8.99. Still, the food was good and the service was very quick.
We had a great time in London, visited Story Book Gardens and Fanshawe Pioneer Village and had a couple of great meals downtown. We will definitely be back and we will definitely stay at the Best Western Lamplighter Inn again!

Room Tip: If you want a room overlooking the pool, don't ask for a
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hipfanatic
fanofhotel, Manager at Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2011

Dear hipfanatic,

Thank you for your recent stay and for your complimentary comments. I will be sure to pass them along!

The Lamplighter team takes pride in presenting a clean, modern and updated Hotel and therefore are consistently renovating and improving our guest rooms and public areas. I am glad to see our hard work didn't go unnoticed!

My apologies for the movies/nintendo being down; we were making some upgrades to the system and unfortunately it made it unavailable. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the additional games room tokens.

I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience in Shelly's Tap and Grill. We do in fact have a "Wake Up!" Breakfast served until 11 am daily (exempting Sunday's) which is priced at $4.99. I do apologise if your server did not notify you of the special; I will speak with the restaurant to ensure they are communicating that to all guests.

Thank you again for your comments and for your promise to return. We can't wait to welcome you back!