My son and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of July 18-20 for a tournament. We got an excellent group rate and it was well worth the expense.
We arrived just before our first game, so I quickly checked in, dropped off a few things in the room and was on my way. I was impressed when I first walked in at how spacious and immaculate the lobby was. The reception clerk was friendly and helpful. I got the room I requested and it was a nice way to start off the weekend. It took a little time to find the room. This is a large hotel and it takes some time to get used to the massive layout.
The room itself had two queens and overlooked the pool area. It was spacious and very well kept. It contained a mini-fridge which was a definite plus, especially with having to go back and forth to games and needing cold beverages. The beds were very comfortable, but one of the few complaints I have is the pillows are huge and puffy. I requested some smaller, flatter ones but housekeeping did not seem to have any. I still slept fine. The room also has free wifi which was a bonus.
All the public areas are extremely clean and well kept. The pool and waterslide were a big hit with my boys and all the players. We spent hours there enjoying the pool, waterslide and hot tub.
I also used the gym facility once. It is very basic with stationary bikes, treadmills and weight machine. It too was very clean and had 3 nice big screen tvs.
We dined at Shelly's, the lamplighter restaurant, just once for breakfast. It had a great breakfast special that was reasonably priced and was served with generous portions. It was above average for a hotel restaurant. The service was a tad slow, but it was well worth the wait.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. It is in a good location, in the heart of London, close to many restaurants and shops. Parking at the hotel is free and the lot is large enough that you can park close to the many entrances to the hotel. The hotel is immaculately kept, spacious and the people who work there are all friendly and helpful. It is by far the nicest Best Western I have ever stayed at. If I am ever in London again, I would definitely stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Lamplighter Inn is unequivocally the finest Hotel and Conference Centre in Southwestern Ontario. Here you will find a complete spectrum of first class accommodations and Conference, Meeting and Banquet facilities.At the heart, is the spectacular atrium, a multi-tiered oasis of natural beauty under a retractable glass canopy. Be transported to a year round tropical paradise where the sun glistens off the sparkling blue waters of the award winning swimming pool.The BEST WESTERN PLUS Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre also sets high standards in room appointments, focusing on flexibility and comfort. Choose from Executive Suites, Traditional bedrooms, or romantic retreats with a double Jacuzzi and cozy gas fireplace ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn And Conference Centre Hotel London
- Best Western Lamplighter Hotel
- Best Western London
- London Best Western
- Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre London, Ontario