“Uggghhh....welcome to "unfitsville"” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in London
Windsor
“Uggghhh....welcome to "unfitsville"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

Booked this Hotel on the I-net one day before departure. On paper, this one seemed to have it all......and for a good price.....Ind pool, hot tub, hot brkfst...the works ! However, upon arriving, in a pouring rain, we couldn't access the side door with all our travel bags. Apparently the keys were defective. So.....soaked to the gills, we received new keys from the Front Desk attendant. No apologies, just blaming us saying "well, you might have had them close to your cell phone!!!!" (complete bull). Next , we trudged up the stairs (no elevator) and noted the hallways smelled and the carpets were stained everywhere. Ouch! Finally got to the room.....wasn't bad, old TV but whatever at that point. Next morning, headed down to the pool at 9;05AM, as we hadto be on the road by 10;00AM. Guess what.......closed till 9;30AM ! No reason, no rhyme.......just closed! So, we got dressed, headed to the main floor small Asian style Breakfast Buffet. This was the nicest part of the stay.....even though we had to get 2 Brkfst passes from the Front Desk, which we were not informed about earlier. Conclusion.......as always, you end up getting what you paid for, and this was the cheapest Hotel that weekend.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Mattawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at the SUPER 8 and found it to be very pleasant and comfortable.
The staff were very accommodating. Our room was fresh and clean and ready when we
arrived.
They have the best hot breakfast in town!
We will be making this hotel our home away from home.

Room Tip: call the hotel directly
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Renfrew, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

we came here for my sons wrestling group stayed 2 nights and it was the best motel we stayed at. The beds were very nice clean room very roomy very nice staff . The breakfast was the best so much to eat very big. My kids loved the pool and hot tub. I will stay here again for another weekend get away.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Laura P
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2011

I am a Western student (and a International Student) I stayed in there with my great friends. Before I went there, I had been tired, so I really needed a rest. To conclude, I really had great time with my friend in there. Great foods (The breakfast is Free!!! lol), a comfortable room, a swimming pool and kind staffs. It was so good TO ME. I would like to recommend you SUPER 8.
You can come and see ;)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shulammite
London, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

I spent a pleasant family vacation here. Everything was satisfying! We especially loved free hot breakfast buffet . The food was excellent and the restaurant was clean as well.(Japanese-fusion restaurant situated in hotel and they provided breakfast there.) We had a dinner at the restaurant, and Sushi was so fresh. My kids had other Japanese dishes and loved them as well! ( You don't need to waste your time to find other restaurants. You can just meet the best restaurant without worry.) Also, we loved the huge swimming pool. It was very well maintained. Adults can enjoy whirlpool while watching over your kids. Overall it was a perfect hotel for my family vacation.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ilovemommy
Okotoks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

This hotel was good bang for your buck and very clean. I was traveling alone and I felt very safe in this hotel, I also had my grandchildren visit me a time or two and I found the pool was great fun for them and the staff was very helpful.
My son later stayed here on a extended stay and he said that the service was stellar and he could not get over how helpful the staff and management were. Everyone here went above and beyond to be helpful.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

For $89 a night I had very low expectations and they were met.

Dirty rooms, plugged toilets, lamp didn't work, towels that I wouldn't use to wipe down my car, battered furnishings.

Were told that rooms had been recently renovated. Carpet may have been replaced sometime in the last decade but other furniture has been in service since the 60's.

Staff were pleasant. Owners need to spend some $. Practically, they should just throw everything out and start again.

Great wireless internet. Worked well and it was very fast.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family