“Run Down, Not Clean”

Ranked #33 of 41 Hotels in London
Calgary
“Run Down, Not Clean”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This motel was very much in need of maintenance; holes in the wall where it appeard that a towel rack had been. Needed painted. Carpet was worn, and didn't appear to be clean.
Breakfast was terrible; only white bread for toast, no butter or margarine available; no staff in sight to replenish the empty containers.

Room Tip: Check the room before checking in; there are lots of other motels in the area.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2012

we got room 245 stay far away from this room, lets start with the room broken drawers on the dresser, no doorknob for the bathroom door, had a bad odour, and a room without a phone
we are elderly people.
my husband told the front desk at 3 am and the front desk replied why didn't you call and my husband told how are we supposed to call you without a phone. i have stayed at alot of super 8's
on our travells but this one is far beyond spend a couple of dollars more to get a better nights sleep avoid this one

Room Tip: make sure you see the room before you pay
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed for the third weekend in January, 2012, for 3 nights. I checked ahead of time what there policy was on dogs, how much extra, etc and agreed to stay. We were in town for a large dog show, and would not be in the rooms at all during the day ( neither would the dogs).

The room looked okay, but did not smell clean. The next day, we were gone by 8 a.m. And back at 5. Our room had not been cleaned. The next day we were gone before 7 a.m. And back at 3. Again our room was not cleaned. The maid couldn't clean it then as she was "afraid" of dogs. I didn't want the dogs exposed to a vacuum, would have liked my bathroom cleaned, and the dogs were crated in the room. We had to ask for towels and toilet paper from the front desk.

Checked out at 8 a.m. The manager said my dogs were barking, but his staff went down the hall and did not hear my mine. Heard from other rooms. Mine have been in hotels since we got them, going to shows, and no problems.

Super 8 is not where i will stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Brockville, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We came very late at night and just needed a bed to sleep in. The location was great just off of Hwy 401. The beds were comfortable. The room and beds were small but we didn't pay much and it was in line with what we paid. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank R0550
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Well, where do I begin with my experience at Super 8 in london? The woman at the front desk who checked me in was terrible. Rude and VERY unfriendly, I felt like I was interrupting her day by checking in. Getting to my room I found a dirty rag from the housekeepers on the bathroom counter and grime on the table. I left it in the hallway and by the time I left for supper it was gone. Getting back from my meal and settling in for an online meeting I needed to be at I find the internet isn't working. So I walk out to the lobby and the new young man tells me about a password and webpage I have to go to just to use thier internet. No issues after he showed me what I fell should have been told to me on check in. After my meeting I turned on the TV, which was an old style picture tube from the mid 1990's (I'm guessing with that) and the reception is just horrible. Fuzzy channels and static on well over half of them. I decided to get some air and when I tried to go out the sliding door the handle came off in my hand. Seriously, I'm not kidding. It looks like it was held on my one stripped screw and slipped right out when i tried to open it. I managed to get it back on and took a second trip to the lobby to tell the front desk what happened. His reply was that some of the guests who stayed in the room prior to me were very "aggressive" men. That was the only explination he could give me. Also in the room there was an ajoining door blocked my a nice looking chair, but it had a thin blanket covering up the seat and back. Moving that i found out why. The upholstery was shredded. It looked like the hotel found it at the garbage dump. After an uncomfortable sleep in the hard king size bed I went down to the comp breakfast... burnt bacon, sausage and toast welcomed me, with runny horrible tasting eggs and the "server" sitting at the front desk, just waiting for me and the couple eating at the same time as me to be done so she could close it up. I did like the asian theme to the breakfast area which may have been a resturaunt at some point.

There were just way to many problems with this hotel for me to recommend it or even enjoy it. I will not stay there again, and I will tell my friends & co-workers to avoid it!

Room Tip: avoid this hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Dan W, General Manager at London Wellington Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Guest,

This is the response to your stay in September 2011. I am sorry you had an uncomfortable stay with us. It is goal to try to make all our guests' stay enjoyable and relaxing. I have taken your comments seriously and will make the necessary changes in order that our guest can receive the best service possible. We have implemented a training program which is designed to improve our customer services. We value our customer to be our number one priority.

We understand the importance of business travelers relying on internet more and more. We have improved our internet for that purpose and we will continue to improve it. We have remodeled some of our rooms to meet the growing changes. Our goal is complete all our rooms by this year. The remodeled rooms will have 32" to 42" LCD TV, new mattresses and more.

A good Breakfast in the morning is important. We are restructuring the items on the menu so that we can deliver a better and more improved Breakfast.

Again, I do appreciate your comments. If there is anything I can do for you, please contact me directly at 519-630-2544.

Yours truly,

Daniel Won
Super 8
London, Canada
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We had just moved to London, for my husbands job. We decided to stay at the Super 8 for a couple of months. So that we had time to find a home that was right for us (our 19 month old son, and family dog).

We were impressed with how personable and friendly everyone at Super 8 was .We were very pleased with the size of our room, when we first arrived the room had 2 queen beds in it, since we were going to be there for awhile, Dan suggested remove a bed so that we would have more room for our little one. We agreed and it was done immediately. Everyone at Super 8 always went out of their way to accomodate our needs.

We really enjoyed the indoor pool, it was nice and warm and always clean. In the back of the hotel, there is a large grassy area, where the dog and little one, enjoyed running around and playing in the snow.

I would definitley stay at Super 8 again, and recommend it to all who are looking for a great hotel, that is family friendly, pet friendly, and friendly on your wallet.

Thank you everyone at Super 8 of London, ON!

HL

I

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lafamily11
London, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We recently underwent some major home renovations and had to vacate our home to stay in a hotel for a month. We are very pleased that we chose to stay in London's Super 8 Hotel. It made us feel like we were home away from home. We had a very comfortable, cozy room, with 2 double beds and a cot we rented, (my husband, three daughters aged 11,13, and 17 and myself stayed in the room). The staff were all friendly, polite, and made us feel welcomed and a lot less stressed about the situation we were in. The hotel was clean and warm, the pool is awesome, (we enjoyed it every single day we stayed there!) The buffet breakfast was delicious, there are several restaurants in the area, both fast-food and dining room types, Whiteoaks Mall is directly across the road for various shopping needs, the value for our money was exceptional, I don't think you would find a better staff or accomodations for the price in the city. We really loved the hotel and would strongly recommend it to everyone! The family friendly atmosphere and feeling safe and relaxed are unparalleled. Thanks sooo much staff of Super 8, you made our month spectacular, we loved it!

Room Tip: I suggest choosing a room on the first floor, because the pool is on the first floor, and easier acc...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan L
Dan W, General Manager at London Wellington Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Hi Susan

We at Super 8 are sad to see your family leave. We really enjoyed your family staying with us. I hope you and your family can come and visit us again. Say hello to the kids for us.

Take care,