“Disgusting and Pathetic”

Ranked #33 of 41 Hotels in London
Sudbury, Canada
“Disgusting and Pathetic”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hot tub broken. Room filthy and outdated. My daughter caught athletes foot from the pool side. Urine all over the bathroom's floor by the pool. Found a bag of 2 week old chicken in our room under a chair with hundreds of ants. Dust everywhere. Carpets were stained and nasty. Never had a record of our reservation but good thing that I kept my email. This hotel thinks 1 face cloth and 2 towels is appropriate for a family of 4 with a 2 night reservation. The tub was disgusting with pubic hairs at the bottom of it. Popcorn kernels and garbage was left before the bathroom door. Shingles all over my van from the roof as it rained through the night and the sidewalk and cars were covered. Our patio door lock was held together with tape. We checked out after the first night and wanted a refund for the second night. There was no way in hell that my family was staying in this pig pen for one more night. Work Hotel Ever!!!! This hotel needs new management, new staff and a new makeover.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel! You WILL regret it~
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 599LisaAnn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

the front desk accommodated us for early checkin due to prom. the room however was not very clean tub very dirty shower curtain should be thrown out and hair all over floor. beds super comfy.otherwise good location near highway restaurants and shopping

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tammy S
North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were in town for a 2 night stay. We have a Super 8 in our town that is nice and clean, and out of town guests stay there and enjoy it. We thought a chain had certain standards. We were very wrong. Check in was fine, and we were directed to the back door for access to our room. The back door did not lock. was broken. Then the hallway was dirty and had a peculiar odour, and the stairwell was filthy with dried mud and garbage. We were getting concerned, but hoped the room was better. This was a busy weekend in London, (Memorial Cup) and hotels were full. We got in the room, and noticed a hole in the wall. The towel rack was broken off, the bedside lamp, blowdryer, and clock radio did not work. The sink and tub were very stained. We had 1 facecloth for the two of us, but on the 2nd day it was replaced with a hand towel. The breakfast was sad too, only a few choices, and raisin bran or fruit loops for cereal. The blanket on the bed was very old, had a strange texture, and did not fit the bed properly with 2 people in it. The sign outside promotes new beds, too bad they couldn't get some better bedding to put on them! We are not very fussy, but to charge the same as another chain hotel, and give such a dirty hotel is ridiculous. We will not be back, and I really doubt we will ever stay in a Super 8 anywhere else based on this experience.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We booked over the phone and reiterated several times we needed a pet friendly room. When we checked in, they had no record of this. Luckily there was one pet friendly room left.
The room was gross: towels were stained, ceiling was peeling, no pillow cases on second bed, curtains had holes, channel buttons on TV remote didn't work, no coffee maker, stained carpet, death trap cables stretched across the room, all lampshades and pictures crooked, dirty shower (we refused to go near it). So bad that we couldn't help but laugh.
Oh and someone let simply themselves into our room at one point but our Great Dane lunged at them before I could see who it was...bet they regretted that!!

Stayed May 2014
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The room was clean and comfortable.
I requested a room with a patio door....
My wife had surgery last year and she has difficulty walking. The patio door was a great asset.

Not a five star hotel but it has value when comparing what you paid for.
Good value is the service, friendly and attentive staff, breakfast, nearby mall and clean and affordable room.

Room Tip: Rooms near the Front desk/ with a patio door
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank SoniaN1109
Ontario
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I went with very low expectations and I'm not very fussy but this hotel was just overall not great. Rooms were very dated, and not well kept. Kleenex box was empty, stayed two nights, it was never filled. There was only 1 washcloth and two very small very scratchy towels. We had three rooms booked, one had no hairdryer, the continental breakfast was the worst I have ever seen, we never ate there either morning. Stay somewhere else.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank nickiford
Okanagan Valley
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was the worst Pet Friendly Hotel I have ever stayed at. We booked in late and were very tired. We had been driving across the country and were on our last leg of our trip. We were moving from BC to Ontario and had been on the road for 5 days. We arrived around 10 pm on a Monday night. The Front Desk Staff said they were Pet Friendly but asked me to sign a form saying that I understood I only had one dog when I clearly told her - and 'paid' for 2 dogs. They want your pets to be 'caged' at all times while in the hotel. Apparently leashed is not good enough. She did not know if it was possible to drive around the perimeter of the hotel. We were driving a moving truck and towing a trailer with a car on it. If we were not so tired we would not have stayed. The room was located in the old part of the hotel and if I did not have dogs I would have left. The room was grimy and old and smelly and I wanted to sleep with my shoes on. They were worried that my dogs were not clean and this room was not clean enough for my dogs. We only slept there - did not have coffee or a shower. I had seen enough. Worst hotel on our trip. I would not recommend this hotel to any one. The staff was not helpful and they made us feel that we were bothering them for just booking in.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family