“Disgusting”

London Wellington Hotel
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in London
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 13 February 2011

For $89 a night I had very low expectations and they were met.

Dirty rooms, plugged toilets, lamp didn't work, towels that I wouldn't use to wipe down my car, battered furnishings.

Were told that rooms had been recently renovated. Carpet may have been replaced sometime in the last decade but other furniture has been in service since the 60's.

Staff were pleasant. Owners need to spend some $. Practically, they should just throw everything out and start again.

Great wireless internet. Worked well and it was very fast.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Shep32

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 11 December 2010

We went to check into the hotel and found the hotel was redecorating. Although the hotel were redecorating, it was clean and organized. We were greeted immediately and the agent was friendly and quick to serve us.

We checked into our room and I was amazed of the size of the TV. I had a 40`` LCD tv.t I never been in a hotel with 40`` LCD tv. Great way to enjoy watching a movie with family. The room looked asian, clean and comfortable. I tried one of their newly renovated rooms.

The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and we enjoyed our hot tub. It was very hot, the way we liked it. The complimentary continental breakfast had a variety of selections but I wished they were serving some hot items such as pancakes. My kids like pancakes. I was talking to the front desk and they told me they might be serving some hot items next year.

Our overall experience was great. I especially liked the size of the TV. We plan to go there again soon.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Savannah, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I spent a week in London, Ontario I have been coming to this Hotel for more than 12 years ... It continues to be the best hotel in area... the amenties are great indoor pool and hot tub, exercise room guest laundry ant the best sushi bar and resturant in Ontario.. The staff strive to make your stay a wonderful experience... Parking is large and safe, for the self mover to a semi....

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I moved to London from Toronto. I had to find acommodation for my daughter and myself. We found a clean and affordable place to stay. I was happy with the friendly staff and they were very pleasant with my child. We enjoyed the indoor pool and I certainly enjoyed the fitness room they had available. I had to wait 2 weeks until my apartment was available. I dined in their Japanese restaurant. Although it was japanese food, they had canadian food too. They have good steaks and chickenand also children menu available. It was nice of the hotel to offer me a weekly rate. I will definitely tell all my friends to stay at this hotel. Thanks to the staff.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I was quite happy staying here.....Hotel looks new...lots of upgrades...the room had extras, coffee pot, microwave and small fridge...also free internet....very quiet..much better than the Howard Johnson across the street...my son was in the hospital...I found the rates quite low...
Nice continal breakfast in a nice eating area.....
The hotel gets high rates from me....

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Mississauga
Reviewed 3 April 2010

This was my absolute worst North American hotel experience ever!!! There's a long list of what went wrong in the room. Let's start with the little stuff: there were pillows missing, no shampoo, no soap, one towel for three people and the picture on the wall was hung upside down. These were fixed easily. Later in the evening we noticed that the sink was completely plugged. The guy at the front desk came down with the plunger and unplugged it - sending black goop over the bathroom. About this time the fire alarm began going off. I called down to the front desk to ask if we should be evacuating. The response was "don't worry. The alarm goes off pretty much every day". After this, the toilet began to leak large puddles of water. The front desk guy couldn't really fix this and looked to me for an answer. I suggested he bring a load of towels to wrap around the toilet so that we could at least walk in the bathroom. Unfortunately, they were completely filled up so we couldn't change rooms at this point. The room was dirty and smelled as though it had not been cleaned.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Jackie0064

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed 28 January 2010

I had low expectations from the reviews here, but booked anyway because of the low price and location close to the conference I was attending. I'm guessing this hotel has been renovated since the onslaught of negative reviews, because I was very pleasantly surprised upon my arrival. I believe this is a one or two star hotel, but it has the look and feel of a 2.5 to 3 star hotel. The staff are pleasant, polite, and helpful. Free wireless internet is included in the room rate, and it has been solid and reliable (I'm using it now). The room is spacious and clean, the bed is decent, the washroom is large and clean, and there is a fridge, television, coffee machine, and microwave in the room. You control the temperature of your room with the digital thermostat. Much more than I expected from a one star hotel. As a bonus, the attached restaurant is a nice sushi joint called Shogun, which has apparently been open for a year or so. There are plenty of eateries and shopping in the area, which is quite suburban. Not a good spot if you want to be close to downtown, but there is a bus that will connect you. There are plenty of other hotels on this strip of Wellington South, but if you're looking to save a few bucks, this place is a safe bet. I was impressed.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business