“Has potential to be great, but...”

StationPark All Suite Hotel
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Was booked in to a superior suite for Saturday and Sunday night and found the suite to be nicely set up and quite spacious. However, there were several things that could have been better: cleanliness was lacking in some areas of the room - makeup smears on the hairdryer, bathroom phone and one of the two bathrobes that was provided. Kind of made us wonder what else in the room had not been cleaned or replaced after the last guests stayed.
On Sunday our room was not tidied until after 5 PM. We told the housekeeper that the robes needed to be replaced and they were not until we called the front desk upon our return to the room later that evening.
The glasses that we had used were placed upside down on the shelf above the bar sink without coasters under them. Not only had they not been washed or replaced, but there was no dish soap for us to use to clean them ourselves. We both felt that this was highly unsanitary and not up to par for a $200 a night hotel.
Sunday night we had to make two noise complaints due to what sounded like a wild party in the suite above us. Several of the young men staying there were chasing each other through the hotel, going from floor to floor using the fire stairs, which were directly outside our door. Initially we were told that they were just college students and the security guard had been looking for them to give them a warning. This was at 1:30 AM. By 3:30 AM they were in the suite above us shouting and blasting the TV. Our second noise complaint finally got a result about 10 minutes later.
Since we had been kept awake by rowdy guests we asked for a late check out on Monday and were told it would be no problem, but housekeeping came just after 12 to clean the room and said that she hadn't been told about the late check out by the front desk.
Our parking was comped but the reception staff was not at all friendly at check out. We weren't asked how our stay was, nor were we thanked and asked to come again. Not one or the desk staff even smiled or treated us with any courtesy.
On the plus side, apart from the spaciousness of the suite, the beds were very comfortable and the bed linens were very high quality. The bedroom windows even opened to let a nice breeze in, which was a nice bonus.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
staysuite, Operations Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at StaionPark All Suite Hotel. It is disturbing to read that you felt that your hair dryer and phone were not clean. Replacing robes is not a difficult task, but it seems that we were not efficient with your request. To avoid disturbances, a request for late check out must be passed on to housekeeping staff. Please accept our apologies for all of these mix ups. As for the noise complaint, it is ony if we are told about them that they can be addressed. Unfortunately even when we ask Sercurity to go to a particular floor, they are inevitably at another area of the hotel taking care of something else. It is unacceptable and embarrassing that after all that you endured while our guests, that it only escalated at check out. Be assured that the staff reads these reviews and every attemp is made to rectify the inefficiencies that creep into our business.

There are newer reviews for StationPark All Suite Hotel

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I recently stayed for one night at the StationPark. Our room was very spacious and clean and I did not encounter any mustiness mentioned in other reviews. There certainly is some street noise depending on which way you are facing from the many bars along Richmond; however, that is to be expected in any university town. We were not successful in getting any of the continental breakfast included in our room rate as a large univerisity group had completely occupied the small breakfast room and demolished the breakfast offerings. Fortunately there was a Tim Horton's not too far away. My main worry was the parking garage which is not secured and which has very many warnings about not leaving anything valuable in your car. I appreciate the warning and fortunately did not experience any vandalism of our car but it did give me cause for concern. I wonder why the garage cannot be made more secure by doors. I also found the $12.00 charge for parking a bit much. I also found having to use tokens for the vending machines on our floor somewhat strange.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at StationPark All Suite Hotel. Sorry that you were not able to partake in the complimentary continental breakfast while you were our guest. We appreciate the valubale feedback and are making every attempt to improve our service. We recently opened a new breakfast venue twice the size of the temporary room you experienced. The reminder at check in to not leave valuables visible in vehicles is simply to reinforce the reality that break-ins happen everywhere and we are trying to reduce the possiblilty of them happening at StationPark. Charging for parking was inevitable and we were the last downtown hotel to do so. When the new Coke machines were installed the conversion to tokens was part of the transition.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

I honestly believe this hotel is extremely overrated. My negative experience started at check-in; terrible customer service.. The attendant looked annoyed when I asked if there was an on-site restaurant (as if she had heard that question a million times before). When I got to my room the first thing I noticed was a musty/stale smell. Other issues that I eventually ended up noticing (aside from the smell) were: dirty toilet bowl, stains on comforter and broken closet. To think, my room was supposed to have been an upgraded suite! I really wonder what the rest of the room must look like. Save yourself the hassle and stay all the Hilton...or bring your own sheets and slippers.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
staysuite, Operations Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Stacee 15,

It is disappointing to read this review of your recent stay with StationPark All Suite Hotel. The fact that your room was unsatisfactory is unacceptable and in fact your entire stay with us did not go well from the initial greeting. I hope that you will contact me personally so that I can find out what room you were in and address the concerns you had. What you experienced was not the standard at StationPark All Hotel. Given the chance I would like to speak to you in person.
Please accept my apology for the inconveniences you experienced. I understand that your stay with us left a bad impression overall, but I sincerely hope you will give us another chance. I can be reached directly at the number below.

519 963 1664

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Check-in was smooth, my room was nicely-appointed and spacious, the bed was comfortable, the neighbourhood is lively. However, the room doors all slam shut and on my floor continued to do so until 3 a.m. then started again at 6 a.m.. Also, there's no room service or in-house restaurant, which is a significant incomvenience for a weary traveller even though there are several restaurants nearby. Despite the good points, I would not stay here again until the noise issues are addressed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
staysuite, Operations Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Dear Gordon F,

I am disappointed to hear about your experience with StationPark All Suite Hotel and certainly understand your frustration. Unfortunately it only takes a few to ruin a stay for others. At times some guests seem oblivious to others in the hotel. It is not easy to stop it if security isn't right there when it happens. After one warning the rowdy guests would have been evicted. With several weddings in this past weekend sometimes the celbration carries over to the hotel hallways.

We certainly are also frustrated with not being able to give our guests a definite date as to the return of our room service or opening of a restaurant adjoining to the hotel. These situations remain mostly out of our control and we do try our very best to come up with alternatives for our guests. Thank you for noting that you did enjoy the spacious accommodations and that the suites were comfortable.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

My husband and I spent one night at the Station Park for a romantic getaway. We had a great time, the location is fantastic, we walked next door to The Keg for a lovely dinner and drinks without worrying about who would drive. The rooms are very spacious with a small fridge and microwave...I appreciated the in room wine glasses and awesome pillows!! Overall a great place and hope to return!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
staysuite, Operations Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

Dear Guest;

Thank you for the kind review of your recent stay with us at StationPark All Suite Hotel. It sounds as though you were here to celebrate a special occasion. We were pleased to be part of it. We will be here for you and your husband next time.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed at the SationPark while moving our daughter in to university. Very much appreciated the two double beds and roll-up sofa which allowed all to sleep comfortably. Great location, central to town and minutes drive from the university. Nice clean rooms and comfortable sitting area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
staysuite, Operations Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Steve T,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at StationPark All Suite Hotel. Since you will likely be returning to London to visit your student, be sure and ask for a Loyalty Card and you can begin collecting points every time you stay with us. We look foward to your next stay.

Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed at the StationPark on the labour day long weekend while in London to set my son up at UWO. The location can't be beat, and the rooms are very comfortable and a good size. While I have stayed at much more luxurious hotels, it's perfect for what I needed. A centrally located hotel with very helpful staff and a decent room to come back to at the end of the day. The parking although it's self park is very convenient, and I found my room to be pretty quiet even though the hotel is just off Richmond where the bars are located. My only complaint although minor was that the carpeting was very stained in areas. Overall, I would stay there on my next trip to London with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter, ask for a corner suite.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at StationPark All Suite Hotel. We appreciate the feedback. It is encouraging to know that you found your room to be quiet. We are on a continuous cleaning rotation program with our carpets. When you are next in London visiting your student, be sure and pick up a Loyalty card so you can start collecting points every time you stay.