“So much potential...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in London
Windsor
“So much potential...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husband, 18month old son and I spent a evening at the Sation Park this past weekend. We know London very well and love the location of this hotel. The Suite concept is also very nice when sharing a room with a child.
The problem is that the rooms are VERY tired. Everything from the furniture to the bathroom fixtures needs to be upgraded. THe hotel could easily charge more for the rooms if they were improved.
The room was clean enough but not spotless.
The bed was comfortable but the pillows are horrible - this really needs some attention
The AC was not working very well
The breakfast set-up could also use some attention ~ another staff member to assist patrons and replenish stock.
Staff was smiling but not helpful ~ even when I was maneuvering a luggage cart alone, the two men at the front desk did not offer a hand.
All that said, I would stay here again mainly because of the location. Jack Astor's is a great addition to the Richmond Row area.
A rumoured change of ownership may be beneficial to the overall health of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
staysuite, Operations Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at StaionPark All Suite Hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback and will take your suggestions into consideration.

Mary Cole

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
Kincardine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

I recently stayed at the StationPark All Suite hotel in london. My husband was transferred down to the hospital here.
I came into the hotel, and asked about rates. the girl at the desk informed me that this hotel had a hospital rate.
Such a relief as I was already stressed out.
I checked in, room was lovely.
Went back down to the desk and asked the girl where would be a good place for dinner.
Very nice staff, very nice girl, said when I checked in that if I needed anything to let her know.

If I am ever in the london I will stay at this hotel again. Great staff, great location.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly W
StationParksales, Director of Sales at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments we certainly appreciate the positive comments and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at StationPark All Suite Hotel.
London,Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Recently my wife and I decided to celebrate our anniversary with a nice dinner and overnight in London and with the close proximity to her work we chose Station Park. I booked a King Deluxe Suite room on line through their website.
We arrived at 4pm on a Wednesday, registered and headed to the 10th floor to our room hoping to have a nice shower and get ready to head out on Richmond St. We arrived at our room and opened the door and we amazed and almost in shock. We walked in and I looked to the left and there were towels on the floor and shopping bags in the chair! I entered the bedroom of the suite and the sheets were back and we both were thinking we had entered someones room and they could possibly be there. We said " Hello, Hello" thank goodness there was no answer. I grabbed the in room telephone and decided to call the front desk. I told them the situation and she told us to come back down to the front desk and get a different room key. Nice customer service. They messed up by we have to haul everything back down stairs and then head back up. I went back down 10 flights and received a new key and "sorry about that" and we headed back up 12 flights to our new room.
When we arrived everything was clean and perfect in this room. We were very happy with our room as it was exactly what we expected.
We went out for an amazing dinner and a walk down Richmond and it was a very nice walk.
When we returned we went up to our room. When we got to the door I tried the key and it did not work. Unbelievable! Another trip down to the front desk. I was told that the key was not activated. I must have used the secondary key and not the one that I initially used to enter the first time. Another "sorry about that"

We will in all likelihood stay again at this hotel in the future. My wifes' company is directly across the road and they use this hotel exclusively with all of their business activities.

We operate a business and I guess we handle things a little old school as our approach is the customer comes first and we do everything in our power to accommodate the customer.

A couple of suggestions..............

When a customer registers you should ask if the customer has any questions or take the initiative to at least explain where the morning coffee/ breakfast area is. We came down in the morning to find it and just opted out instead.

If a customer has any issue with their room a nice touch would be to immediately tend to their need and not make them do extra running around.

We have traveled and used accommodations in the US three times this summer and the staff can never do enough for you and their looks to be a pattern in the reviews to show the opposite here. I understand it was a weekday but........

I hope that this helps because I use tripadvisor anytime we travel for reviews etc. Good Luck to Station Park, I am sure you will look into this.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kittib
staysuite, Operations Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Guest;

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at StationPark All Suite Hotel. Though troubling, you have brought some valuable information to our attention and we will strive to improve our customer service. We take full responsibility for your concerns and apologize for your negative experience. Be assured that the valuable points that you bring forth have been discussed with staff in an effort to learn from our shortcomings.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

My girlfriends and I stayed at the StationPark All Suite Hotel to celebrate our dear friend getting married. This hotel was selected as it is where all of the wedding guests coming in from Toronto (myself included) will be staying on the night of the wedding. When booking the reservation, we had forewarned the hotel that the purpose of our stay was to go out for a Bachelorette party and therefore, it would be quite loud. We had a few rooms reserved however, all accumulated in one room in order to have a few drinks between dinner and going out for the evening (left at 10:30pm). Our first noise complaint was received at 9:15pm on a Saturday night. The second was just under an hour later with the threat of phoning the police.
I personally work in the hospitality industry in the Corporate office for a very repuatable hotel company. I therefore understand and respect the business however, hotel staff that evening did not ensure that we had an enjoyable stay and instead continuously interrupted our evening. This is not an intelligent business decision when knowing that this group of individuals will be bringing in a substantial amount of revenue from their family and friends in only a few weeks time. In saying this, if the guest who was complaining was upset with the noise level not only should they have requested a quiet room in their comments when making their reservation but the front desk agent should have offered to upgrade and move the disatisfied guest.
The only attribute this property has is its downtown location. The rooms were a good size, the hallway felt humid, and the pillows were terrible. All in all, I am not looking forward to my unavoidable future stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank A B
StationParksales, Director of Sales at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Thank you for your comments. It is the policy of this hotel to respond to guest complaints of noise disturbances to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable stay in the hotel. Our Front Desk Manager set up the reservations for your group and he specifically recalls advising the person making the reservation that if we receive a noise complaints from another guest, we will act on it accordingly. It is our policy to always stress to guests that we are not a "party hotel" and we ask that guests respectfully behave in such a way in the hotel as to not disturb other guests.
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Whenever we are in London, we have chosen to stay at the Station Park Hotel. It has a great location, near restaurants, Victoria Park and the university. This past stay was very poor. Our room was missing some of the essentials like tissue and extra towels. When we pulled out the sofa bed, it clearly had not been vacuumed in quite awhile. When I mentioned this to the front desk staff, they were dismissive. There was no room to sit in the very small breakfast room the next morning, the food was virtually gone by 9:45am and cutlery and plates were not replenished. If a hotel is going to feature breakfast, then they need to ensure that there is food for the capacity of the hotel. I was very disappointed and will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracey V
staysuite, Operations Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Our apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. We are making every effort to improve all services.

Kincardine, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

Loved the location. Walking distance to a lot of restaurants. I was sitting for a CMA exam..so the location was ideal in terms of the proximity to Western University campus.
Continental breakfast could be improved. Dinning hall was literally a 12X12 room...not adequate for a hotel of this size.
However, I have never seen such poor quality of customer service starting from the reception. The woman at the reception was rude and had this look of annoyance on her face. No greeting whatsoever. The worst part was the fact her tummy was peeking through her shirt...The two elevators are also used as service elevators...so you have cleaning staff going up and down the hotel. Couple of instances guests could not get in the elevator to get to breakfast buffet to accomodate cleaning carts.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest;

Our apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay. We are making every effort to improve all services.

Elora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

My wife and I recently spent a night at the Station Park Hotel in London, ON. I should note that we have stayed here on a number of occasions in the past and have always enjoyed our time there. The hotel is centrally located in downtown London and therefore is within walking distance of shops, restaurants and entertainment. The suites are large, clean and very comfortable. There is a complimentary continental breakfast and secure on site parking. The staff are pleasant and professional. The price is very reasonable.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
staysuite, Operations Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at StationPark All Suite Hotel. We appreicate the positive feedback. It is very rewarding for the staff to know that you have been our guest several times and have always enjoyed our services. We hope to see you again when next in London.