“No wow factor”

StationPark All Suite Hotel
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in London
“No wow factor”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

There was an odd smell in the bed. Not sure exactly where it was coming from. Was disappointed there was no bathtub in the room. It was just okay. Definately wouldn't rush back. It was a group booking for a family wedding which they totally messed up.

• Stayed August 2012
StationParksales, Director of Sales at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments and we are sorry that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Our suites do have bathtubs in the suites on the lower level of the hotel and oversized walk in showers on the upper level of the hotel which are very popular with most of our guests. We successfully host wedding guests almost every weekend throughout the year, generally several each weekend, and we are sorry to hear that you were dissapointed in your experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The good: excellent location. Fairly comfortable accommodation. Good check-in experience. Prompt attention by housekeeping staff. The not-so-good: parking is $15/night. Almost no reception staff on duty over long weekend when hotel was packed. Cold water available during week but not over weekend. Needs a facelift. Breakfast very meager and certainly not at level one would expect from a suite hotel. When I went to 4 star hotels in downtown to compare-I found I was paying more for this 3-star. Merits the 3-star designation but without any raves.

• Stayed August 2012
StationParksales, Director of Sales at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for providing your comments on your stay at StationPark All Suite Hotel. We are sorry to hear that this stay did not meet your expectations. One thing we would like to note is that the parking here at the hotel is $12.00 per night plus HST. If you were overcharged in error, we would be happy to rectify this if you contact the hotel directly.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while visiting family. We had an upgraded room as it was all that was available. The room was spacious and comfortable with a separate living room area. There was a sofa and armchair, desk, Tv, fridge, mini bar (locked), sink, microwave and coffee maker. The bedroom was a good size and had lots of drawer space. The bathroom had a dressing area with a large closet and a separate area with toilet and shower. Fixtures were quite new. I really liked the a/c system as it was very quiet and draft free. The room was spotless. Linens were high quality. We didn't use the fitness room . Breakfast was very adequate with healthy choices but high on carbs, low on protein except for h/b eggs. Staff was helpful and friendly. Parking is extra but convenient as elevators go all the way up

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for providing a thorough and positive review of our hotel. We always make every effort to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay at StationPark and we are especially pleased to receive such positive comments from our guests.
Edmonton
Reviewed 28 August 2012 via mobile

This hotel started out very good with a separate room for us as our son slept in the living room. This was the big selling feature for us and it worked well.

However for a non-smoking hotel, someone was smoking over the last few days because I could smell it through our bathroom vent. I'm sorry but that's just ignorant and I hope they are busted. Made a call to the front desk to complain.

Outside of that there is a mini-bar which was used, a nice jack and Jill bathroom that worked out quite well. Lots of nice features if you have a family. I would recommend it however watch for the smoke.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
staysuite, Operations Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at StationPark All Suite Hotel. Every guest is reminded at check in that our entire hotel is non smoking and we are dedicated to ensuring that all guests enjoy their stay in a smoke free environment. Happy to hear that otherwise you enjoyed the suite.

Windsor
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husband, 18month old son and I spent a evening at the Sation Park this past weekend. We know London very well and love the location of this hotel. The Suite concept is also very nice when sharing a room with a child.
The problem is that the rooms are VERY tired. Everything from the furniture to the bathroom fixtures needs to be upgraded. THe hotel could easily charge more for the rooms if they were improved.
The room was clean enough but not spotless.
The bed was comfortable but the pillows are horrible - this really needs some attention
The AC was not working very well
The breakfast set-up could also use some attention ~ another staff member to assist patrons and replenish stock.
Staff was smiling but not helpful ~ even when I was maneuvering a luggage cart alone, the two men at the front desk did not offer a hand.
All that said, I would stay here again mainly because of the location. Jack Astor's is a great addition to the Richmond Row area.
A rumoured change of ownership may be beneficial to the overall health of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at StaionPark All Suite Hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback and will take your suggestions into consideration.

Kincardine
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I recently stayed at the StationPark All Suite hotel in london. My husband was transferred down to the hospital here.
I came into the hotel, and asked about rates. the girl at the desk informed me that this hotel had a hospital rate.
Such a relief as I was already stressed out.
I checked in, room was lovely.
Went back down to the desk and asked the girl where would be a good place for dinner.
Very nice staff, very nice girl, said when I checked in that if I needed anything to let her know.

If I am ever in the london I will stay at this hotel again. Great staff, great location.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly W
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments we certainly appreciate the positive comments and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at StationPark All Suite Hotel.
London,Ontario
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Recently my wife and I decided to celebrate our anniversary with a nice dinner and overnight in London and with the close proximity to her work we chose Station Park. I booked a King Deluxe Suite room on line through their website.
We arrived at 4pm on a Wednesday, registered and headed to the 10th floor to our room hoping to have a nice shower and get ready to head out on Richmond St. We arrived at our room and opened the door and we amazed and almost in shock. We walked in and I looked to the left and there were towels on the floor and shopping bags in the chair! I entered the bedroom of the suite and the sheets were back and we both were thinking we had entered someones room and they could possibly be there. We said " Hello, Hello" thank goodness there was no answer. I grabbed the in room telephone and decided to call the front desk. I told them the situation and she told us to come back down to the front desk and get a different room key. Nice customer service. They messed up by we have to haul everything back down stairs and then head back up. I went back down 10 flights and received a new key and "sorry about that" and we headed back up 12 flights to our new room.
When we arrived everything was clean and perfect in this room. We were very happy with our room as it was exactly what we expected.
We went out for an amazing dinner and a walk down Richmond and it was a very nice walk.
When we returned we went up to our room. When we got to the door I tried the key and it did not work. Unbelievable! Another trip down to the front desk. I was told that the key was not activated. I must have used the secondary key and not the one that I initially used to enter the first time. Another "sorry about that"

We will in all likelihood stay again at this hotel in the future. My wifes' company is directly across the road and they use this hotel exclusively with all of their business activities.

We operate a business and I guess we handle things a little old school as our approach is the customer comes first and we do everything in our power to accommodate the customer.

A couple of suggestions..............

When a customer registers you should ask if the customer has any questions or take the initiative to at least explain where the morning coffee/ breakfast area is. We came down in the morning to find it and just opted out instead.

If a customer has any issue with their room a nice touch would be to immediately tend to their need and not make them do extra running around.

We have traveled and used accommodations in the US three times this summer and the staff can never do enough for you and their looks to be a pattern in the reviews to show the opposite here. I understand it was a weekday but........

I hope that this helps because I use tripadvisor anytime we travel for reviews etc. Good Luck to Station Park, I am sure you will look into this.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kittib
staysuite, Operations Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Dear Guest;

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at StationPark All Suite Hotel. Though troubling, you have brought some valuable information to our attention and we will strive to improve our customer service. We take full responsibility for your concerns and apologize for your negative experience. Be assured that the valuable points that you bring forth have been discussed with staff in an effort to learn from our shortcomings.