“Great location and big rooms!”

StationPark All Suite Hotel
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in London
Columbus, Ohio
“Great location and big rooms!”
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at StationPark when I have visited London. I love how this hotel is within walking distance of many bars and restaurants and "Richmond Row" shopping! Parking is close in underground garage with a flat fee of $12. Thankfully our fee was graciously waived since both elevators were "down" one evening and we had to walk up 6 flights of stairs! There are 14 floors so I felt bad for those who had to climb even higher!

That's why the rating is 4 since only 1 elevator was in service our entire stay and there were many delays because of that. Otherwise we enjoyed the larger rooms, free continental breakfast, and excellent service! I definitely will be back!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
StationParksales, Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for your comments we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We certainly apologize for the difficulties encountered with our 2 brand new elevators. Due to the elevator repair persons strike across the province, for some reason we and other high rise building were encountering a number of unusual difficulties with our elevators. Due to diligence with our staff we were able to get them repaired as quickly as possible and were appreciative of guest's understanding the difficulties created that were beyond our complete control.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We have stayed here 2 years in a row for a swim meet. They were quite accomodating by packing a bagged breakfast since we had to be at the pool before the breakfast buffet opened,
The room is 2 double beds not two queens ascin most hotels. We are used to a king so my husband slept on the pull out couch. It was very uncomfortable. Paying for parking is not apreciated since it is not secure. The entry arm was smashed off so we paid for unsecure parking. We stayed there since it was where the team choose but my sons last team stayed at the staybridge on exeter which is farther to the pool but much better overall.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you did not completely enjoy your stay with us this time. Damage to our parking entrance was fixed as soon as it was reported and does not effect the security of the area. We appreciate your feedback as it assists our staff in discovering ways to improve service.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here for two nights for the Ontario Masters Swimming Championships. It was a few minutes drive to the University. The hotel is located on Richmond Row walking distance to some shopping and many restaurants. Free underground parking is a bonus! Our suite was outdated and the towels were not in good shape (some had stains on them) and were ratty (ie. tattered, ripped) which was surprising. Its a basic suite hotel, it was comfortable, simple and provided a satisfying breakfast. I used the gym that weekend, I just needed a treadmill which they had.The front desk was casual (ie. instead of good morning, it was a "hey!"). The lady that was taking care of the breakfast was super friendly and accommodating. She was on her own and it was very busy but she was smiling and helpful. Overall, great location, but not sure if i would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rissa0401
StationParksales, Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay for the most part, we sincerely apologize that you did not find everything in your suite to be in the best condition. That is certainly not the standards to which we normally are known for. We have passed your comments along to the appropriate departments to ensure that this won't occur again.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I booked into this hotel on Easter weekend and was disappointed. Although the location is downtown and therefore close to bars and restaurants, I suspect I could have done better elsewhere. The two rooms making up a suite are small in size. The work out facilities are small and barely accommodate two people (what, no eliptical?). What irked me the most was the breakfast. Fresh fruit salad is the norm at most chain hotel - here they offer up apples and a few oranges. No hot breakfast either - toast, bagels and packaged cereals. The front desk staff person barely broke a smile the entire stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review of your stay at StationPark All Suite Hotel. We are certainly disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and we appreciate your comments which we will share with our staff to facilitate improvements in your areas of concern.
Olympia WA
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stayed here with 3 friends during the recent World Figure Skating Championships in London. Overall, a good experience. Comfortable bed. Good service. For instance, we didn't find the pillows comfortable, but they were happy to bring us softer feather pillows that we found much better. And a great location - close to downtown and lots of restaurants, but without a busy feel.

My only warning would be that the "suites" don't really have a kitchenette. There's a small fridge and a sink and a microwave, but that's about it. No plates or silverware. The fridge didn't even have a freezer section, which would have been useful, particularly given there's a microwave. So that was disappointing, but otherwise, a positive experience.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Mary C, Rooms Division Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for our review or your recent stay at StationPark All Sutie Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your week with us while attending the World Figure Skating Championships. Occasionally guests interpret suites to mean that they come with a kitchenette and in our case it means the design of the suite is such that the bedroom and living area are separate. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Mary Cole
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed at the Station Park All-Suite Hotel for business. Were supposed to stay three nights but ended up shortening the stay (because I was unhappy) by a night.

Upon arrival we were greeted in a friendly manner at the reception desk, given our keys, told about parking (charged to room each day of stay). The garage was a little creepy though well lit and we were quickly in our room. I am not sure what I was expecting but what we ended up with was not "it". The room was not overly large though the suite-style and options to close off rooms was nice. The carpet was older, the couch and chair were stained. The coffee maker and microwave were very dirty....then the bathroom. I know this is not my house but is it that hard to clean drains, spray some mold cleaner? is it also that hard to take apart the exhaust fan every ten years and clean it so its not throwing dust around? I was pretty grossed out by the floor and tub. The bedroom was decent (bed seemed clean, did not look under it) but the chair and register in the room were filthy.

The thermostat did NOT work right in the room so we didn't even bother after the first night. Wifi signal was good, no problems. Cleaning staff was REALLY friendly- I had the "Do Not Disturb" sign up until 11am as I am expecting and was resting. When i went out for a walk they noticed me and asked if they could clean while I was out and if I needed anything. I did not mention the cleanliness issues as we had already adjusted our stay...like I said the staff was really nice but unfortunately are not meeting cleanliness expectations with above noted issues.

I am not sure if there are better places to stay in London but I can say with confidence I would not elect to stay at this hotel again. I have been to cleaner/more comfortable two star hotel chains.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Mary C, Rooms Divsion Manager at StationPark All Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at StationPark All Suite Hotel. Though disheartening, your review serves as a reminder that there are always areas for us to improve both the cleanliness of our suites and our service. This review has been shared with the entire staff as an example of how it is imperative that we remain focused on the most important aspect of our business, which is satisfying our guests and ensuring their comfort.

Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations.

Mary Cole
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2013

On a girls weekend away and really enjoyed having the seating area with comfortable couch and chair. We spent a whole afternoon there just chatting and drinking wine. The bar fridge was also very nice to keep the white wine cold. Would have appreciated a cork screw, however we made do. The separate sink area was nice for sharing the room. The beds were comfy but not very long, even though we are not tall. The location was perfect for us to explore restaurants and shops near by.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends