“Quiet and comfortable”

Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very reasonable rate for the quality of this hotel. Dining room is very good. I had a room near an exit door but it was very quiet. Rooms have windows that open which is so nice as it gives you fresh air. I did close and lock them at night but only because I was right on the ground floor level although I don't think personal safety is an issue here. I wish they had better maps for the walking and jogging trails.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience here at Spencer.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you felt comfortable and safe while you were with us. Thank you for the suggestion regarding our walking/jogging map. I will take a look at it and see how to make it clearer and more helpful to those using it in the future.

Thank you.

Derek Grimaldi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,261)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We weren't sure about booking this place despite its great reviews. However, our stay this past weekend for two nights was great. Shannon at the front desk as well as all of the other staff were friendly and ready to go out of their way to help us in any way possible. The room, although not large, was extremely clean and everything was up to date. The bed was comfortable and the towels provided were the thickest we have ever received. We will certainly stay there again the next time we are in London and have no hesitation recommending this facility to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you choose to stay with us despite your reservations. I am also pleased that we were able to impress you and gain your loyalty through our facility and service.

I appreciate you taking the time to me know of your experience here at Spencer and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed again, this time had another kid so the no doubles is tough, then some rooms don't fit a rollaway, I must have booked one. When i was checking in with night audit and asked for a rollaway, he said it wouldn't fit but he would upgrade me for the 2 nights i was there. I enjoyed it. Went to Wine Trail and Niagra Falls, perfect distance away, then enjoyed the downtown London Market that is indoors and has amazing children's theater!

Thanks for another great stay. All staff was super, restaurant breakfast 2 times with 2 different servers and the desk clerks that I chatted up so early in the morning when I was carrying my son around so the wife and daughter could catch some more shut eye.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff, facility and service facilitated a pleasant stay for you and your family.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Spencer!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

For a learning institution I cannot say enough about the quality of food, the cleanliness and the incredible service. Really fantastic job done by all. The staff always had a smile
On their face and couldn't do enough for you. Really so impressed.

• Stayed: May 2014
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay; and our food and service helped to create a positive environment for you.

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the university (Western). While the room was a bit smaller than I expected, it was clean and very comfortable and the internet was great. I arrived rather late in the evening after a long journey and was greeted by two very hospitable staff members at check-in and quickly was given my room key and directions to the elevator etc. I was offered assistance with my bags. During my 8-night stay, I found the housekeeping and other staff to be absolutely wonderful - so very, very willing to assist with every need. The location of the hotel is lovely and the property peaceful and serene. The entire hotel is very well maintained and parking is plentiful (at no extra charge). For future visits to London, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff are our greatest asset and I am pleased that both the facility and the service you received made you a loyal Spencer guest.

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to London and the University.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

toilet was dirty (dried urine on the toilet seat). no toiletries provided in the room which given the price, is surprising. walls are paper thin, so noisy hallways adjacent rooms.
other than that, your basic hotel room. ok for business for 1-2 nights.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that your recent stay with us was unsatisfactory and we did not live up to our service standard. I apologize for your experience and hope that you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves.

I hope we have the opportunity to provide you with the excellent service you deserve.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have stayed at the Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre many times for pleasure. I always have a comfortable stay. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are exceptionally clean. The location is very convenient and there is a lot of parking. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DerekG273, General Manager at Ivey Spencer Leadership Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience while staying at Spencer.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed this, and your previous, stays here. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again upon your next trip to London.