“Great staff”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

We stayed at Delta London Armouries for two nights.
The quick review about the hotel itself is that our room was very large, had a great view, the bathroom was clean and the bed was very comfortable.
My review will be about the hotel's staff. While in London, my husband and I attended a concert at one of the city's venues. At coat check, my jacket, which had our passports in one of the pockets, was given to someone else. This could turn into a disastrous problem!
Once we got back to the hotel, in the middle of the night, anxious and tired, the Reception staff did everything they could to help us out, that night and the following morning: printing documents for the police, making copies of everything, helping me with telephone calls, even giving us extra time for a later check out the following morning. The staff were genuinely sympathetic, professional and so helpful! They were really wonderful.
The passports were eventually returned to us so everything ended on a high note, but it really made a difference to us that we could find such kind staff at Reception!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MillaZ
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 8 April 2011
Dear MillaZ,
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay here at the Delta London Armouries hotel. Our staff are always willing to help no matter what the need and I'm glad we were able to help turn what could have been a very stressful situation into a positive one with a happy outcome! You can be sure I will share your kind words with all the staff here at the hotel and congratulate them on a job well done!
I look forward to welcoming you back here to London Ontario on your next visit to Canada!
Pamela Nanni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

The lobby of this hotel and the restaurant & pool area are unique and beautiful. They have built the hotel around the historical armouries. The rooms are nice and spacious and the breakfast was good. The location is within walking distance to many restaurants and it was great that I could walk to the office. The service at the front desk and housekeeping when calling for things could be improved as I did have a couple of issues with this. However, services at check-in and in the restaurant were good. I also ordered room service for dinner and it was very good. One of my favourite things about the Delta Hotels is the June Jacobs Spa Collection products they provide. Such a nice change given that many hotels offer products that are more masculine smelling. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The way they have incorporated the Armouries Building into the lobby and restaurant area of the hotel is beautiful.

Room Tip: I chose what was described as renovated room
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank KathandArn
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Dear KathandArn,
Thank you for taking some time to share your experience here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our unique mix of history and hospitality and found our rooms spacious and comfortable. We have been partners with June Jacobs for quite some time and have always received great feedback about their products. They do have an online website where you are able to purchase their products as well. Feel free to visit junejacobs.com for more info!
I’m looking forward to welcoming you back in the near further and hope that you will try us out for a leisure stay as well as our Downtown location has us conveniently located to many shops, restaurants and attractions in London!
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

Stayed one night in march enroute to Toronto. Got the room on priceline. We were plesantly surpriced. The hotel is at a nice downtown location, next to Hilton, with very nice room and friendly staff. My daughter left her DSi in the room along with her favorite games. I called them a week later and got them from the mail today. They not only found our DSi but also took the trouble to mail to us. We really appreciate that!
BTW, if you stay at the hotel, be sure to check out the Crabby Joes Restaurant across the street. Very good steak!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SUSA001
Dear SUSA001,
Thank you for taking a moment to share you experience about the Delta London Armouries Hotel. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay even though it was a quick one and had a chance to get out into our beautiful city. We know how important lost items are to our guests; especially our young travelers and we make it a priority to return any items that are left behind as quickly as we can! I’m glad to hear your daughters DSi and games made it home safe!
Next time you are traveling through London I hope you take an extra day to spend with us and get a chance to experience all the Forest City has to offer!
Forest, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

My husband and I travel every few months to spoil ourselves at the London Delta Armouries. It is always a pleasure to stay where you feel pampered. The Customer Service is top notch from the moment you walk through the front door. The staff is professional, courteous and very friendlying. The food, whether it is in the formal restaurant or the lounge is exceptional and the Sunday brunch is the most decadant we have ever seen. We always stay in a "signature room" on 20th floor and enjoy the free cocktail and appetizers and also the continental breakfast the next morning. The rooms are spacious and very clean and OH THOSE BEDS. We highly recommend the Delta London Armouries to one and all. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Sign up for a free Delta Privelege Card
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fergie4900
Dear Fergie4900,
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. Our goal is to make every stay and exceptional one and I'm delighted to see that you and your husband continue to enjoy our friendly service and cozy rooms. We're famous for our Sunday brunch and I'm glad you make a point to enjoy it while pampering yourselves. You certainly do it right by choosing the Signature Club rooms, my personal favorite!
Looking forward to having you back as everyone needs a little getaway now and then!
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

People at front desk were nice and welcoming. The hotel was being refurbished during the stay, so there were some works in the main hall. However the stay was pleasant.

Rooms are large, beds are really comfortable, and when you have a room in the highest floors, you have a nice view on the city.

Breakfast is average, expensive for what you get.

1 Thank maincene
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Dear maincene,
I appreciate the time you have taken to provide our hotel with a review based on your most recent stay here at the Delta London Armouries. Our goal is to exceed all of our guest’s expectations and I'm delighted that you found our team to be welcoming and our rooms comfortable and spacious.
I'm excited to announce that our renovation work is complete and our newly designed restaurant and lobby areas are ready to be enjoyed. I look forward to welcoming you back to see our new look!
Owen Sound, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2011

This hotel offers:
An efficient and friendly atomosphere, with staff who obviously enjoy their jobs and have top notch customer service standards. The hotel is always clean, the rooms are well taken care of - the beds are very comfortable, and with the recent renovations happening the staff and management have gone out of their way to make each guests' stay there as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
The pool, hot tub and sauna are welcome amenities when staying for business or pleasure, and the gym has up to date equipment and is well taken care of.
I am always impressed by the positivity of the Delta team - they are like family and are always trying to make your stay better each and every time you are there.

1 Thank nanski35
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
Dear nanski35,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell us about your experience here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel! I'm delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our friendly, efficient service as we pride ourselves on being #1 when is comes to making our guests feel at home. Renovations are necessary in this day in age to constantly stay on top of changing decor trends and we love the challenge of mixing history and hospitality with our unique building. I'm happy to announce the updates are complete and our brand new look is waiting for your next arrival!
I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future!
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

Wow! The Delta London is number one! I was stranded in a snow storm and stayed at the Delta London Armouries without reservation. I thought, better in a hotel room than in a ditch by the roadside.
Well, not just a hotel room. It was my home away from home. In fact, better than!
What a grand delight to be looked after on a stormy night! I was taken care of! All I had was the shirt on my back and they supplied all that I needed in a room that was comfortable, cozy and suite! -- (pun intended)
All the staff are amazing. From entering in the front door, the welcome, to reception and on the way to my room. They were friendly, professional and understanding -- looked after me ... all my needs ... and more. With so many bests it's hard to sort through to pick. Yet, the best was the staff making me feel welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks Delta for the rescue, for the comfort, and for the home away from home... Wow!!!

paullamb.ca

1 Thank Exploringtheiceberg
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 12 February 2011
Dear Exploringtheiceberg,
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with a review of your experience here at the Delta. This winter has been a tough one for all and I'm glad our staff was able to provide a rescue to you from the elements and allow you to enjoy a warm, comfortable evening. We will always look after our guests and our goal is to make you feel right at home - clearly we hit the mark!
I sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back here to the Delta London Armouries hotel in the near future!