“Very nice”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in London
Kincardine, Canada
“Very nice”
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We stayed here for a wedding. Hotel is in a great location. Service was excellent but were Delta Privlidge members so its always quick. Rooms are large, a little outdated but clean and the bed was really comfortable. Didn't use any facilities besdies the ballroom and the lobby bar. Both nice.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room, great view
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Dear evanescencetabby,
Thanks for taking a moment to share your thoughts on your recent stay here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and got a chance to experience our banquet facilities.
Our guests always rave about our beds and I'm happy to hear you felt the same. I also wanted to let you know that we are in the process of renovating a number of our guest rooms and have a more modern style completed in our Signature Club and Premier rooms! (PS, good tip on the corner rooms, they're my favorite as well)
Thank you again for taking time to review our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.
Pamela Nanni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
toronto
Reviewed 17 May 2011

my husband and i were in london for a party last wednesday night and selected the delta armouries since other friends were staying there. the location was perfect for us and an easy walk to the restaurant up on richmond. the room was clean and quiet. in the morning we had a swim and hottub - had the place to ourself which was nice. the breakfast was good and the service was very friendly and efficient.
normally we stay in boutique hotels with more personality, but the delta armouries was perfect for what we needed and i would recommend it. london doesn't have great selection for hotels and caters primarily to business travellers. the room charge was listed at $150-$180 but we booked on expedia and paid only $106, taxed in. cannot complain about that!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 21 May 2011
Dear twoonie,
I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel and I truly appreciate you taking a moment to comment on your experience. We make every attempt to cater to all our guests needs no matter what their travel plans are for and I'm glad you had a chance to enjoy the pool and hot tub!
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Armouries the next time you are in London!
Trail, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I recently stayed with the Delta London Armouries at a sad time, during which my mother passed away. Having been a guest of the Armouries numerous times in the past, I already knew that the staff there are the VERY BEST; but on this particular visit, they outdid themselves. It truly felt as though I was surrounded by family at such a difficult time. Everyone, (and I mean EVERYONE,) provided the utmost in compassion, support and caring, in making sure that I was comfortable, and consistently ensuring that any possible needs I might have were met before I could even ask.
To simply say "Thank you" doesn't seem to be nearly enough, but I want the Delta chain of hotels to know that the staff at the Armouries, (in every position or capacity,) are the absolute epitome of friendly, courteous, professional and caring people that I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. And that Delta Hotels are extremely lucky to have this group as ambassadors for their organization. Once more proving why the Delta London Armouries is the ONLY hotel I will stay in while in London.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Cheryl M
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 9 May 2011
Dear reallyme47,
Your review helps describe what we hope every guest experiences when they stay with us. Our staff are a tight-knit group of individuals who support one another no matter what, just like Family and we like to welcome our guests with the same commitment. I truly appreciate you taking time to share your experience during this emotional time in your life and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta London Armouries Hotel for a more joyful and relaxing stay!
Trail, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2011

My wife stayed at the Delta London Armouries during a very trying time and was treated like royalty. The staff are a true credit to the company and deserve more credit than I can give them. All I can say is thank you to the staff at the hotel for their kind thoughts while my wife was there. They truly made a huge difference for her while she was in London. I have stayed in this hotel as well in the past and have always been extremely impressed with the hotel and especially the staff. From restaurant to desk to reservations to the gift shop, they are all truly hospitality experts.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank agraham3
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Dear agraham3,
I would like to thank you for taking a moment to share your experience of your recent stay with us here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. Our team is one of a kind and we make every effort to ensure our guests have the best stay possible especially during the difficult times. We continue to send our good thoughts to you and your wife and hope that you will come back and visit us for a well deserved relaxation vacation in the near future!
Kindest regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2011

We stayed at Delta London Armouries for two nights.
The quick review about the hotel itself is that our room was very large, had a great view, the bathroom was clean and the bed was very comfortable.
My review will be about the hotel's staff. While in London, my husband and I attended a concert at one of the city's venues. At coat check, my jacket, which had our passports in one of the pockets, was given to someone else. This could turn into a disastrous problem!
Once we got back to the hotel, in the middle of the night, anxious and tired, the Reception staff did everything they could to help us out, that night and the following morning: printing documents for the police, making copies of everything, helping me with telephone calls, even giving us extra time for a later check out the following morning. The staff were genuinely sympathetic, professional and so helpful! They were really wonderful.
The passports were eventually returned to us so everything ended on a high note, but it really made a difference to us that we could find such kind staff at Reception!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MillaZ
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 8 April 2011
Dear MillaZ,
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay here at the Delta London Armouries hotel. Our staff are always willing to help no matter what the need and I'm glad we were able to help turn what could have been a very stressful situation into a positive one with a happy outcome! You can be sure I will share your kind words with all the staff here at the hotel and congratulate them on a job well done!
I look forward to welcoming you back here to London Ontario on your next visit to Canada!
Ottawa
Reviewed 2 April 2011

The lobby of this hotel and the restaurant & pool area are unique and beautiful. They have built the hotel around the historical armouries. The rooms are nice and spacious and the breakfast was good. The location is within walking distance to many restaurants and it was great that I could walk to the office. The service at the front desk and housekeeping when calling for things could be improved as I did have a couple of issues with this. However, services at check-in and in the restaurant were good. I also ordered room service for dinner and it was very good. One of my favourite things about the Delta Hotels is the June Jacobs Spa Collection products they provide. Such a nice change given that many hotels offer products that are more masculine smelling. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The way they have incorporated the Armouries Building into the lobby and restaurant area of the hotel is beautiful.

Room Tip: I chose what was described as renovated room
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank KathandArn
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Dear KathandArn,
Thank you for taking some time to share your experience here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our unique mix of history and hospitality and found our rooms spacious and comfortable. We have been partners with June Jacobs for quite some time and have always received great feedback about their products. They do have an online website where you are able to purchase their products as well. Feel free to visit junejacobs.com for more info!
I’m looking forward to welcoming you back in the near further and hope that you will try us out for a leisure stay as well as our Downtown location has us conveniently located to many shops, restaurants and attractions in London!
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Stayed one night in march enroute to Toronto. Got the room on priceline. We were plesantly surpriced. The hotel is at a nice downtown location, next to Hilton, with very nice room and friendly staff. My daughter left her DSi in the room along with her favorite games. I called them a week later and got them from the mail today. They not only found our DSi but also took the trouble to mail to us. We really appreciate that!
BTW, if you stay at the hotel, be sure to check out the Crabby Joes Restaurant across the street. Very good steak!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SUSA001
Dear SUSA001,
Thank you for taking a moment to share you experience about the Delta London Armouries Hotel. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay even though it was a quick one and had a chance to get out into our beautiful city. We know how important lost items are to our guests; especially our young travelers and we make it a priority to return any items that are left behind as quickly as we can! I’m glad to hear your daughters DSi and games made it home safe!
Next time you are traveling through London I hope you take an extra day to spend with us and get a chance to experience all the Forest City has to offer!