“Great Visit! Stunning Building.”

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in London
“Great Visit! Stunning Building.”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Came to london with a friend to visit as she is coming there for school in September. We were not expecting much as we went on priceline. We pulled up to the hotel and it was beautiful. The elevators on the way up have a glass window so you can see the city perfectly. We have a room with two double beds. It was very nice, just wish it was a bit brighter at night with lighting. It is in a great location and the front desk staff was very kind. Even when we came back after the bar and asked about pizza options. It is rare to find some kind people at such a late time of night. I wish I remembered their names. If you are in town this hotel would work for anyone. Family, business or just friends. The pool is also very nice and my friend enjoyed taking a dip! If I am in town in the future I will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Jar102,
Thank you for taking some time to tell us about your visit. I'm delighted to hear how much you and your friend enjoyed your stay. No matter how you choose to book, we make every attempt to ensure you have a truly memorable stay. Our unique building offers the perfect mix of history and hospitality and we love being a part of the Downtown core. Our team is always ready to help no matter what time and we have all the secrets of the best places in town to order from our check out! I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring your through our Forest City!
Pamela N.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We received a stay as a gift at Christmas and decided to use our time while on holidays to finally get away! Booked in advance with specifically requesting low level floor as a family member will not take elevators. Arrived to receive a room on the 9th floor. Staff were friendly and helpful but what's the point in taking the time to make requests if they are disregarded? We then were offered a lower standard room which we did not want so had it"upgraded" back to original request. We then decided to up it to a suite as once again a room with separate bedrooms was not reserved as requested when we booked. This was arranged on a low level floor but at a additional charge. She gave us the the room we upgraded from as a "holding cell" while we waited 1 hr for our room to be cleaned (arrived for 3 pm check in time). While we waited the room we waited in was disgusting. Very dirty carpets, bed looked like someone was laying on it already, hair in tub, water in sink and a cup with lipstick on it! The electrical socket was exposed and shower head falling out of wall. We took pictures just out of shock as this is supposed to be a fantastic hotel! After I asked, the room was ready ( no one called to notify us) we gladly moved into a suite. It was better but still outdated, drab and just....gross! Our daughter had to sleep on the pullout couch from goodness knows when and our son slept with us on the king bed. I would never return to this hotel or recommend it....unfortunately i cannot say this came anything close to what I had expected from this hotel. Sadly enough...no one seemed to care!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear S W,
I'm truly sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. I would like to assure you that this is not typical of our hotel as we aim to please and exceed our guest’s expectations during each and every stay. Your comments about the room cleanliness have been brought to our housekeeping department’s attention as the room you were moved to was clearly not given the proper attention it should have. As you can see from the majority of reviews from other travelers, we have the best team in the city and I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that you did not get the sense that anyone cared about your family’s enjoyment. I do hope that you will give us another chance and I look forward to being able to welcome you back in hopes that we may be able to ensure your family has a very memorable vacation and an enjoyable time in London!
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The historical setting provides a great backdrop for the warm and friendly staff, comfortable rooms, and nice restaurant. The elevated bar and the pool area provide a setting with ambiance and architectural interest. I was on a busy work schedule and the Delta was the perfect home away from home.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Vilson53,
Thank you for taking a moment to tell use about your recent stay at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. I'm really glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay as we want to make everyone feel right at home when business takes them on the road. We are very proud of our unique building and I like to think we offer the perfect mix of History and Hospitality! I look forward to welcoming you back but come see us again when you've got some time to relax and really enjoy all we have to offer!
London, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2012

The whole time we were at the Delta we felt like we were somewhere far away. This hotel has a spirit of warmth and fun that caters to all sorts of travel and events. My Stay-Cation partner was my 6 year old who thoroughly enjoys the pool; the water is warm and clean.

The newly renovated Cantata lounge is lovely. It is open and comfortable and even offers a selection of magazines and newspapers to read while over looking the Delta's really historical and classy main area of the hotel.

There was a wedding and graduation event that was going on while we were there to which those I spoke with said how nice it was to have the Delta organize their event.

The linen is my favourite. High quality linen that smells great and makes a crackle sounds when you get in to bed is something I really like and the Delta has this for sure! The cleaning lady was soooo friendly and service oriented.

We ate in the restaurant and ordered the grilled halibut and chicken fingers (homemade) and it was delish! Priced well and great presentation.

Thank you to everyone at the Delta for making our London, Ontario Stay-Cation one we'll both remember!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Denicesilly
Dear Denicesilly,
Thank you for taking some time to tell us and other travelers about your stay. I'm delighted to hear that you and your 6 year old were able to have such an enjoyable stay. Whether travelling for business or pleasure our goal is to ensure our guests have everything they need and that starts with a clean comfortable room. We are a great hotel for hosting any event from 2- 200 people and we love making it a memorable experience for all who attend. I look forward to having you and your family join us again in the future and thanks again for taking the time to share your experience!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2012

As a return guest at Delta London Armouries once again all my expectations were met. The room was large, 2 double beds . A nice large bathroom. Very clean with all the amenities. We were working at The Sunfest Festival;long, hot days. It was nice to sleep in a quiet comfortable room.
The staff were very friendly and accomodating. I recommend this hotel as a very nice place to stay in London Ontario.. We were allowed to check in early and leave the car so we could go to the festival.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Goldie50
, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Dear Goldie50,
Thank you once again for taking a moment to share your experience. We love repeat guests as it proves we're doing something right! Our entire team is out to make sure you don't want to leave and can't wait to come back! The festivals that London puts on every summer are fantastic and both Sunfest and Home County folk Fest are a couple of my favourites but Rib Fest is not to be missed as well at the beginning of August - yummy!
Glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms and had a quiet, comfortable rest after your long days. We look forward to having you back!
Pamela. N.
Niagara Falls
Reviewed 1 July 2012

From the time we booked the room which was in person at the front desk to the call to book and extra day to our arrival for our honeymoon the three days we spent there was absolutely fantastic the staff from maintenance/janitorial, valet, desk, bellpersons, housekeeping, and front desk were friendly. talked to us like we were family. All the little extras that the staff of the hotel did for us was very unexpected and so sweet it was unbelievable. Thanks to all the staff for all the little extras. I commend management and staff all for a job that went above and beyond. the hotel was beautiful. clean, inviting. The room was spacious spotless and well decorated. The bed was so comfortable you wanted to bring it home with you.

Room Tip: I have stayed on two floors there and both were fantastic.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear jhall115,
We are so happy that you were able to enjoy your 3 days of honeymooning with us. We love welcoming newly-weds to our unique hotel and doing everything we can to help them celebrate their new union! I'm glad that all the staff you came in contact with made your stay extra special and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back any time but call us up and ask us about our Anniversary specials. Why not make it a tradition year after year!
Thank you once again for taking some time to share your experience and myself as well as the entire staff here at the Delta London Armouries hotel wish you a life time of happiness and love!
toronto
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Found this hotel Unique because it used to be Armory. Hotel has a museum depicting memrobelia from the Second World War.
Extremely friendly staff, always willing to help. Used the Valet Parking, well worth taking advantage of.
Signature Club Suite room is spacious. Continental Breakfast was just that. At 4:30pm there is a choice of hot/cold h'orderves. Large bathroom with well stocked amenties. Bathrobe provided (to fit a giant)
Pool a little cold for my liking., and the hot tub was not hot.
We will use this hotel again as we were impressed with the service.

Room Tip: Signature suite
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Dear anthrax,
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience! I am glad you enjoyed our unique mix of history and hospitality, and that the Signature Club room as well as the valet service met your needs just right. I would like to apologize for the pool and hot tub temperatures weren't up to par; I have followed up with our Maintenance Team regarding that. Thank you again for sharing your experience with future Armouries guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Armouries in the near future.
Sincerely, Alysha M. Assistant Guest Services Manager