“Fantastic Service Congratulations to the Staff”

Delta Hotels London Armouries
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 February 2008

Business trip for one night only- and a fantastic experience. The staff need to be congratulated at this hotel.

From the moment I arrived until my departure- every staff I encountered was superb. Whether on the phone, in the lobby, at the Signature Lounge, in the Restaurant- they could not do enough for you. The standard response from them was 'my pleasure'.

The Signature Lounge for a few dollars more offered free unlimited wine and beer in the evening with hot and cold h'dorves, 24 hour specialty coffees and teas and a lovely breakfast. Much more than expected.

Yes- it is a beautiful hotel with classic features- and the lobby, elevators and public areas are a bit dated. However the room was immaculate, plush, and spotless. Everything seemed new from the lines to the shower curtains.

A really lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank 2fromOntario
luvsdelta, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2008

Dear 2fromontario,
Thank you for proving feedback in regards to your most recent stay with us at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. Our goal is to exceed all of our guest's expectations and I'm delighted to hear how pleased you were with your stay. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta London Armouries Hotel in the near future!
Happy Travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed 21 February 2008

We orginally had booked the Holiday Inn & Suites, but after seeing that the place was crazy with hockey teams, and that we were placed across the hall from a very rude hockey team family who had their door open, we decided to leave and go somewhere else.

NOTE TO HOCKEY TEAM PARENTS: Some of you are great, but others ruin it for everyone. Remember you are not at home, there are other guests. Don't let your children run all over the hotel and play hockey in the halls! I worked in a hotel for 8 years, and never were there more complaints than when a hockey team was in town. Sometimes there aren't enough floors to keep you separate from regular guests - so please, just try to have some respect for the people around you. In my hotel, the parent's were worse than the kids for noise levels!

Anyways, sorry about the rant - but we ended up pricelining the Delta Armouries for $75! When we got there, there were a lot of hockey teams inhouse as well. We asked if we could be put on a floor without teams, but she said that there were teams on every floor, unless we wanted to upgrade to the club floor. The upgrade was $50, so we took it without hesitation. On the club floor, you have access to a private lounge with free beer/wine in the evenings and snacks and a great continental breakfast. It was well worth it!

The room was great as well. The bed was upgraded and was the most comfy bed I have ever slept in! The room was decorated nicely and on the top floor with a great view of the city.

The Front Desk staff were amazing as well! They told me about the Delta Privilege Club (which I signed up for). They were some of the most friendly front desk staff I have ever come across - and valet parking was only $12 - pretty good price!

All in all - I would defiantely stay there again - it was spectacular!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank writetosfa
luvsdelta, Guest Services manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2008

Dear writetosfa,
I'm very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. We are happy to accommodate all types of travelers ranging from hockey teams to couples looking for a getaway. The Signature Club rooms which you experienced are the best way to enjoy the luxury our hotel has to offer at a reasonable price.
Our goal is to exceed all of our guest's expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta London Armouries Hotel in the near future!
Happy travels

Reviewed 13 January 2008

A very interesting hotel with a dramatic lobby and foyer area. Room was an end room which was larger than expected with a seating area at the far end. Everything worked as expected, good facilities, bathroom was clean and well equipped. Decor was a little dated and could do with a spruce up but for what we paid, it was very well worth it.

Only negative is the irritating 7.50 charge for parking. Otherwise, staff very helpful and accommodating, especially as the hotel was very busy during our stay.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ikelmay
Reviewed 1 January 2008

The hotel is in a former military armoury for units that served in both World Wars, and they have beautifully preserved the history both in the original brickwork on the first few floors, and by preserving artifacts in displays on the second floor. It's one of the most unique hotels I've ever stayed in. On top of that, the staff is wonderful to me and my family who stay here a couple times a year when we visit our grandmother. For example, one doorman remembers my Dad by name and even lent him a book to read this year. It's in good location right downtown in London and is near the train and bus stations if you arrive that way. (The train station has a car rental place, handy for getting around the city and surroundings.) To me the hotel is a real pleasure. For kids there is also a pool and a very small mini-golf course squeezed in around where I think they used to park the tanks.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank TectonicGreg
Reviewed 12 December 2007

Had a lovely stay here after getting caught in a snowstorm while driving through the area. We walked in and got a room with no problem; the rate seemed very reasonable (less, I think, than what I had paid at a Best Western elsewhere in town on a previous trip), even before the (small) CAA/AAA discount.

The Armouries offers all the features of a full-service hotel: an upscale restaurant, room service, a pool, tasteful and comfortable furnishings, and an attentive staff. The staff were especially friendly and helpful, from a warm welcome at check-in to a chipper response to phone calls to the front desk. Valet parking is $12--well worth it on a winter night (self-park is $7); but do take seriously the suggestion that you call 15 minutes ahead to ask for your car to be brought around.

Our room was large, comfortable, and quiet, tastefully decorated in dark colors, with ample fluffy pillows and good linens. If the room missed the luxury mark slightly, it was because of the bathroom, which was clean enough but had rather older fixtures and a slightly mildewy shower/tub. In-room internet access (via Ethernet cable) is complimentary and worked well.

In the middle of a storm it was certainly nice to have a full-service restaurant on the premises. We had dinner there and found it to be fine--reasonable hotel fare at standard hotel prices.

This may well be your best bet for an upscale hotel experience in London, and certainly seems like the best downtown option. If it falls just short of true luxury, it's not for lack of cheerful effort--and the price is right.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank tympan
Reviewed 17 September 2007

I had stayed at this hotel twice before, in July 1990 and February 1992 when the property had been the Sheraton Armouries Hotel. During both those stays, I had enjoyed this hotel, but after reading various reviews on Trip Advisor, I was forewarned that this hotel was not quite as I had remembered it.

My dad and I stayed here for one night and thanks to his being 84, we were able to get a seniors rate.

The first thing I noticed was that this hotel was not nearly so lively as I remembered it, but the decor was almost exactly the same.

We ate dinner at the hotel the night of our arrival as well as breakfast the next morning. My father was rather annoyed with the hostesses because on both occasions, they attempted to seat us in some far-off, out of the way, hidden corner of the restaurant. The food itself was unexceptional and the prices somewhat steep. For example, for breakfast, we each had the pancakes: three pancakes, a half a strawberry and a slice of orange for $9 each. One glass of orange juice was either $3 or $4 and coffee for $2. Therefore, our simple breakfast cost us over $30. Valet parking was $12 and we were given the choice to self park for $7 (if memory serves me correctly, self-parking in the early 1990s was free). On the topic of breakfast, I remembered the old Sheraton Armouries had a very lavish breakfast buffet; lavish is definitely NOT a word I would use for the Delta breakfast buffet.

The room itself was large but dark even with all the lights turned on. Everything was clean however.

I wish Trip Advisor would allow us to grant half circles because I would have given this place a three-and-a-half instead of just a three. However, I cannot in good conscience give it a four. In the end though, I would stay here again only if I HAD to stay overnight in London again.

1  Thank MisrEmiri
Reviewed 3 September 2007

Hotel Decor and Rooms need an update. Free high speed internet. No noise on higher floors. Booked via hotel website with special requests. Those requests were not initially provided (e.g. King Size Bed). But when brought to attention of front desk rectified immediately. Found the staff to be attentive and helpful. Would stay here again if in London. $130 for London, Ontario is expensive IMO.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business