“Great Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I love Delta hotels, and I've stayed with them across the country.
This hotel is beautiful! The room I had was VERY clean and of course they have sanctuary bed which I wish I could have in my own home. I was very happy to see that the bathroom was spotless and turn down service when I returned to my room later that evening.

I got the room service in the morning for breakfast and it was delicious. Bacon and eggs was cooked perfectly, I asked for a side of fruit and pretty much a platter of fruit came.

Great location as well. 8-10 minutes off the 401.

The only sticking point for me was that the self park cost $12 and it was a block away from the hotel in an open lot with no security. I could have stayed down the road and had free parking and a cheaper cost for a hotel.

I think that I would quite possibly consider a different hotel next time just because of the parking... just another money grab which irks me.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MaverickBenz
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear BradleMa,
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel and tell us about your recent stay. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and the comforts of our Sanctuary bedding as well as your breakfast in the morning. Can't beat a nice meal delivered right to your door.
Parking is a challenge for hotels in the downtown area as the city itself is very limited for space. All full service hotel do charge for parking as we do not own our own lots and have to utilize city lots for our guests. There is a cost to us so that is reflected in our fees to the guest but we stay very competitive with the other hotels in the area and little no no profit is gained.
We do hope you will stay with us again as our service is second to none here in London and I'm sure you will continue to enjoy your time with us
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We spent one night at the Delta London Armouries on the way to Toronto/Niagara. The hotel looks great as you pull up, very unique. Check in was smooth. The room was definitely in need of a thorough upgrade. The room was clean, but could have been cleaner: there was a buildup of dust on the AC vents, the bathroom had a mildew problem, paint was peeling in the corners, etc. It's the details that can make a serviceable hotel into a destination and this place left us wanting. The bed was comfortable and the The pool and hot tub area were nice. I'd consider staying again, but overall the hotel was unremarkable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Matt R.
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel and tell us about your stay. I'm glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your time with us but sorry you found the room to be in need of an update. The concerns you mentioned about the dust build up, the mildew and the peeling wallpaper are currently being addressed by our Housekeeping and Engineering team. I sincerely apologize for the disappointment in the room. We are planning some upcoming major room renovations that will bring a fresh new modern look to all our guest rooms. We are very excited to get started but all details have not yet been finalized.
I'm glad to hear our staff treated you well and you found the beds comfortable and the pool enjoyable. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the near future!
Pamela
Guest Services Manager
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights in July. The hotel is clean and lovely and the staff are very friendly. I love the glass elevators which allow you to look over London as you ride up. Location is great... we attended a concert at Budweiser Gardens, which is a quick walk from the hotel. Lots of restaurants, convenience stores, etc. close by. My husband used the pool and enjoyed it. We used the valet parking, which was much easier than parking in one of the pay lots nearby. The pricing was fairly similar, as well—the pay lots are charged per entry, but valet is for the night. I definitely recommend this place! My friends, who are local, said it's the nicest hotel in the city. Taking that into consideration, the value is outstanding.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Linner44,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with future travelers. We are within walking distances of many great music venues like Centennial Hall, Victoria Park, London Music Hall, and of course, Budweiser Gardens formerly the John Labatt Center. London has a very wide variety of musical events every year, and we are thankful to be in close proximity to almost all of them! Enjoy the rest of your Summer, and we hope to see you for your next concert :)

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Came here in the middle of the night after leaving the Motel 6 once we discovered BED BUGS!

Amazing staff. Friendly. Caring. Helpful. She upgraded our rooms free of charge and provided a breakfast voucher... I cannot thank this woman enough for saving my night.

Clean room. No bed bugs. Slept wonderfully in this amazing hotel.

Would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms beside the elevators!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Amanda W,

Thank you for taking some time to share your experience at our property for future travelers to read. I'm very pleased to hear that our staff were able to shine through and help you with such a stressful situation. Our team is made up of incredibly genuine individuals, who all love to travel, and who really understand the needs of someone who is away from the comforts of home. I hope you will continue to stay with us on your future travels to London, whenever that may be. Have a wonderful rest of Summer!

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

The building is stately- it looks like an old armoury, but with the new glass tower coming out of it. \nice mix of old and new. \lobddy area is small but pleasant and flows in to the restaurant/bar area. The restaurant is very spacious.
Our room was spacious enough to have a sitting chair and small table without cramping theplace and had 2 Queen's. The beds were very comfortable. Bathroom clean and a good size. Small but nice pool and Jacuzzi area.
The stretch of Dundas ST it is on gets pretty seedy towards Richmond St. If you are walking over to the nicer shops etc on Richmond do yourself a favour and walk South to Victoria Park, then across the park to Richmond. This will help not ruin the feel of the place. The price was very reasonable for a place of this quality.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Dear HomerToronto,
Thank you for taking some time to share your experience with future travelers. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our unique mix of history and hospitality appealing. You left a great tip for locating Richmond row as Victoria Park is not to be missed on a visit to London. Most weekends there is a festival or event going on in the park as well which adds to the experience.
We are very much looking forward to having you stay with us again in the future!
Beaumont, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

comfortable beds, good sized rooms. No continental breakfast, only a restaurant there. Valet was good with secured parking lot. Watch the fridge in your room bc the setting was too cold and it froze our food!! Pool was closed for maintenance so we didnt see that. staff was friendly and we would stay here again.

Stayed August 2013
Dear mrsjeck,
Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our restaurant does offer a buffet breakfast on the weekends including London's Famous Sunday brunch every Sunday. I'm sorry that you did not get a chance to enjoy our pool due to the re-tiling work we were completing. Everything is back up and running and I'm sure you will fully enjoy it on your next visit.
We are looking forward to having you back soon!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed at Delta hotel for 2 nights for a business trip. I stayed in the Signature Club Room which meant I had access to Club Floor Lounge. The club floor lounge consists of a small common room with a television, coffee making facilities, news papers; it's basically a place to chill out. You also get continental breakfast, evening appetizers , beer and wine in the signature rate. I was always back late from working meetings so never had the chance to enjoy the benefits as the service in the club room were finished by the time I came back. I did however enjoy the fruits and herbal teas and coffees.

My room had a good view of the local area as it was situated on the 18th floor. The room was huge with a king size bed, desk, sofa, large tv, wardrobe, kettle etc. It was worth the money for a business trip and leisure.

I had the non-continental breakfast so I had to pay extra for this. It wasn't the nicest of breakfasts I have had, but that may just be down to local food rather than the hotel. To be very honest I did not enjoy any of the food served in Canada as it tasted processed.

The hotel staff were friendly and always willing to help. I had a problem with the heating in my room and they sent someone up immediately to get things fixed. The hotel were also helpful in calling local taxis when I needed to make my way to meetings.

There is a downstairs pool at the hotel, but I unfortunately did not have the chance to enjoy it.

The hotel is situated in London Ontario which is a rather run down area and every block seemed to have a homeless person begging for money. I did not feel very safe.

There is an Italian restaurant across the road and a few bars nearby.

I wouldn't want to visit London Ontario again, but if I had to I would stay at Delta Hotel because it provided good service and quality. I wish I had more time to enjoy what seemed like very good amenities within the hotel.

Room Tip: I think all the room types i.e. delta, deluxe or club offer very spacious rooms so you would get you...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear M_n_M1707,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay for future travelers to see. I'm glad you were comfortable in our Signature Club room - they have the best views by far, and the features/benefits of the lounge are a very convenient bonus.

The Cantata lounge is a very popular retreat for our business guests because of its secluded atrium setting, and variety in nightly features. I hope you will give the Cantata lounge another visit on your next trip as we normally get rave revues about the casual cuisine and drink specials.

I'm glad our team was able to look after you and make you feel comfortable and taken care of in a new city. We hope to see you at the Armouries the next time your travels bring you to London, Ontario!

Enjoy the rest of your Summer,