“We loved this hotel and the staff EXCEEDED our expectations...”

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have to say that I LOVE this property, and I LOVE the staff!
We were in London for the Ontario Baseball playoffs in September, and the hotel has a beautiful, clean entrance and very friendly staff at check in. The rooms are nice, clean and quiet.
The biggest thing that stood out, and above and beyond service from any other hotel, was the support and care of the front end staff.
One of our players (who is 8), took a ball in the mouth the very first play of our very first game, and had to be rushed to the hospital and then a dental surgeon. The family has 3 other children that needed to be tended to, that we as a baseball family, took care of. The hotel assisted us in getting into their room (with permission from the parents) to grab swimsuits/pyjamas/snacks, to keep them occupied while mom and dad were away.
The staff reached out in every way they could to make sure that we needed anything at all. When our friends returned, their son could only have soft things to eat (read soup), and we needed to heat up some soup that they purchased at the grocery store. The hotel staff physically brought a microwave to their hotel room to accommodate!!!!! It might seem simple or expected to some, but I have not witnessed a hotel go to the lengths that we witnessed, and I would stay here every single time that I could! I would (and have) recommended to anyone and everyone I know!
Great job for you Delta in hiring the right people for the job, and training them very well!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hawaii2009for3
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Hawaii2009for3,

Thank you for taking some time to share the great news about your stay! I'm so happy you felt looked after by our team. I personally remember the incident well! I applaud you for taking charge and ensuring the rest of the family was looked after :)

I'll pass along all of your kind words to the team and congratulate them on a job well done. The experiences you encountered happen every day and I'm glad that we have the right people for the job. We hope you have a chance to stay with us again soon.

Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My friend and I were very excited to stay at the Armouries and had looked forward to it for weeks. The front desk staff were pleasant yet not overly welcoming. The Valet was just a sweet heart and very friendly. The rooms very large and clean and the beds were so comfy!!!!! We happened to stay on a Saturday night and there were a couple of functions going on so it was rather nosy....... The noise carried on well into the wee hours of the morning waking us both out of a dead sleep around 1 am!!!!!! After calling the front desk twice, my friend was offered a reducing in the price of the room which was a nice gesture... Please beware if you book this hotel for a weekend you may get a more rock and roll than you bargained for!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the bar/restaurant area are noisy if there are events going on in the ball room(s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear fallenangel80,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences for other travelers to use. I truly apologize that you did not receive a restful stay recently as we strive to create a more positive memorable experience. We are located in the downtown core, so we do get a wide variety of guests on the weekends, some of which choose to be in an overly celebratory kind of mode. I hope you will have a chance to join us again and experience the charming atmosphere so many have enjoyed in the past. I'll be sure to celebrate the valet teams excellent impression that was left on you and pass along a job well done.

Thank you again for your business, and for taking time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel on November 8, 2013. Hotel staff were very welcoming at the front desk. Corey was wonderful - pleasant, welcoming and engaged in conversation that seemed sincere and not scripted. There was also another young lady working at the time and she too spoke to me and was quite pleasant. Hotel staff upgraded me to the Royal Suite - this was without my request. This room is in the original Armouries building and was incredible. Staff has asked me if I enjoyed old architecture and I do. This room was a very pleasant surprise. Lovely high ceilings and a very large suite. The bed was amazingly comfortable and I had a wonderful sleep. I am an early riser and enjoyed reading on the chaise in the early morning hours. I also quite enjoyed the meals at the conference I attended. Most of all I appreciated the friendliness of the staff throughout. I think I will be returning again.

Room Tip: If you appreciate older buildings ask for a room in the original building. I also saw the rooms in...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Karen C,

Thank you so much for letting us know how we did on your recent stay! I'm glad you were able to relax and unwind in the beautiful Royal Suite, especially while travelling on business. It is a luxurious sanctuary tucked away in the turret of our historic section, so finding another room like it would be nearly impossible! I'm so happy all our staff looked after you so well and I'll be sure to let the other departments know about the job well done. We look forward to seeing you again, be it business or pleasure.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I visited this wonderful hotel in October and found it to be one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. The check in was smooth and efficient, as was the check out. I was ably assisted by Corey at the front desk at check out and he answered our questions and ensured that we enjoyed our stay. All the staff we encountered were very professional and courteous. I saw Corey assissting other guests and his pleasantness just stuck out so I made sure to remember his name when he checked us out.

This hotel has a lot of character and charm, and a good value for all the luxuries provided.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Julie R,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit. Thank you for the kind words and I'll be sure proper congratulations are passed on. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Armouries on your next getaway!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Went to London to start my 60th birthday celebrations - From the minute we walked in the door we were greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. Since it was our very first visit to the hotel, we were so impressed with wonderful breakfast vouchers that Corey had sent up to us as an added touch. Our experience from check in to check out was absolutely amazing. Place was so well maintained and service excellent. We ate dinner in dining room at the hotel and were amazed at the quality of the food - just excellent. Sunday's Breakfast we were treated to the staff all dressed up for Halloween. Everything at the hotel was very reasonably priced as well.
Upon check out they offered to have our car brought around or our bags carried to lot. We took special note of the smiles on the faces of the staff as they went about their business and to me that is a sign of good management. A vacation stay should be enjoyed and not endured and Corey along with every staff member on duty made this one a very positive and memorable one.
WE WILL BE BACK !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Maxine D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm glad our team was welcoming and were able to make your special weekend a little more special. Our unique and very historic location are a great getaway no matter what the occasion. Thank you so much for staying with us, and a Happy (belated) Birthday to you!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My daughter and I stayed here to celebrate her 10th birthday. The hotel was clean and the staff were very professional, friendly, and polite. They helped us find a suitable restaurant for dinner. After dinner, as we were watching a movie in our room, a large group of young people were gathering in the hallway outside our room, drinking, singing, shouting and generally being very boisterous. It was terribly disturbing. We called Security, who came to try to clear them out. When this was not successful, we went down to the lobby and to be moved to another quieter floor. The manager, Becca, sent several security staff back up to our floor, and found us another room. By the time we had packed up our room to move, the security staff had moved most of the revelers off the floor and out of the hotel. We still moved to the other floor, and had an enjoyable quiet rest of the night. In the morning, we had a very nice breakfast in the main dining room, and when Corey checked us out, the hotel did not charge us for our room. What could have been a very poor experience for us was handled very well by the hotel staff. I appreciate the effort they made to accommodate us, and we would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear AEK446,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us and future travelers. We make every effort to ensure all of our guests enjoy their stay and I am truly sorry that you were disturbed by rowdy neighbours on your floor. Our security team is in place to remove guests who will not comply with our noise policy and I'm glad our team was able to find a more suitable location for you and your daughter to enjoy the rest of your night on such a special occasion. We'll be sure to pass along your feedback and congratulate both Corey and Becca on their efforts to ensure your night was not ruined.
We are looking forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Kindest Regards,
Pamela N.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I was booked into the Delta London Armouries for a week of business meetings and, one day into the week, I had a need to get on a plane from Toronto to Calgary. Mid-day, I had to run back to the hotel, get packed and ready to drive down to Toronto. Without a blink of an eye, Corey got me checked-out; had the car pulled around and, just 15 minutes after I unexpectedly arrived at the hotel, I was on my way. It may not seem like much to a leisure traveler but, to a business traveler, this kind of service is invaluable and should not go unnoticed. Business travelers have "special" needs and this hotel is very accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Richard L,
Thanks for taking a moment to share your experience. Although we're sorry to hear you had to cut your trip short, we're glad Corey could make it a seamless, quick, easy process for you. We'll certainly share your accolades with him and congratulate him on a job well done! We know how a business travellers plans can change almost instantly and we are always ready and willing to help!
Come see us again soon.