“Best Service”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in London
Barcelona
“Best Service”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The staff at the Delta Armouries exceeded our expectations. All of the staff were very friendly and helpfull. I have to give an extra thanks to Anna the Polish girl that was our server in the restaurant for breakfast. She is a fantastic ambassador for the hotel. Her plesent and friendly personality make her a perfect fit to be interacting with the guests.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carol C
Pamela N, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for the great feedback! We hope to welcome you back soon! I will also pass along your kind words regarding Ana from the Armouries Grille team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed a night recently. Nice facility with a number of levels off the lobby. When I checked in there was a screw up with the room (it was occupied) so they put me on the Privilege floor with access to the lounge. Classy.

Room was nice and bed comfortable.

A couple of undistinguished meals were served for the meeting we were at. Not remotely memorable.

There is valet parking, but if you want to park yourself you have to go a block and a bit down from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank aMarmiton
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear aMarmiton,

Thank you for taking some time to share your experience at the Delta London for other travelers to see. I'm glad your Signature Club room was comfortable and I hope you got to take advantage of the Signature Club lounge during your visit. Its a great getaway spot no matter what your reason for travel is. I'll be sure to pass along the feedback to our Food and Beverage team, as their goal is always to exceed expectations at all times. We hope your travels will bring you to London again soon and we look forward to Welcoming you back to the Armouries.

Warmest Regards,
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have to say that I LOVE this property, and I LOVE the staff!
We were in London for the Ontario Baseball playoffs in September, and the hotel has a beautiful, clean entrance and very friendly staff at check in. The rooms are nice, clean and quiet.
The biggest thing that stood out, and above and beyond service from any other hotel, was the support and care of the front end staff.
One of our players (who is 8), took a ball in the mouth the very first play of our very first game, and had to be rushed to the hospital and then a dental surgeon. The family has 3 other children that needed to be tended to, that we as a baseball family, took care of. The hotel assisted us in getting into their room (with permission from the parents) to grab swimsuits/pyjamas/snacks, to keep them occupied while mom and dad were away.
The staff reached out in every way they could to make sure that we needed anything at all. When our friends returned, their son could only have soft things to eat (read soup), and we needed to heat up some soup that they purchased at the grocery store. The hotel staff physically brought a microwave to their hotel room to accommodate!!!!! It might seem simple or expected to some, but I have not witnessed a hotel go to the lengths that we witnessed, and I would stay here every single time that I could! I would (and have) recommended to anyone and everyone I know!
Great job for you Delta in hiring the right people for the job, and training them very well!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hawaii2009for3
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Hawaii2009for3,

Thank you for taking some time to share the great news about your stay! I'm so happy you felt looked after by our team. I personally remember the incident well! I applaud you for taking charge and ensuring the rest of the family was looked after :)

I'll pass along all of your kind words to the team and congratulate them on a job well done. The experiences you encountered happen every day and I'm glad that we have the right people for the job. We hope you have a chance to stay with us again soon.

Southampton, Ontario
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My friend and I were very excited to stay at the Armouries and had looked forward to it for weeks. The front desk staff were pleasant yet not overly welcoming. The Valet was just a sweet heart and very friendly. The rooms very large and clean and the beds were so comfy!!!!! We happened to stay on a Saturday night and there were a couple of functions going on so it was rather nosy....... The noise carried on well into the wee hours of the morning waking us both out of a dead sleep around 1 am!!!!!! After calling the front desk twice, my friend was offered a reducing in the price of the room which was a nice gesture... Please beware if you book this hotel for a weekend you may get a more rock and roll than you bargained for!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the bar/restaurant area are noisy if there are events going on in the ball room(s...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear fallenangel80,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences for other travelers to use. I truly apologize that you did not receive a restful stay recently as we strive to create a more positive memorable experience. We are located in the downtown core, so we do get a wide variety of guests on the weekends, some of which choose to be in an overly celebratory kind of mode. I hope you will have a chance to join us again and experience the charming atmosphere so many have enjoyed in the past. I'll be sure to celebrate the valet teams excellent impression that was left on you and pass along a job well done.

Thank you again for your business, and for taking time to let us know about your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Waterloo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel on November 8, 2013. Hotel staff were very welcoming at the front desk. Corey was wonderful - pleasant, welcoming and engaged in conversation that seemed sincere and not scripted. There was also another young lady working at the time and she too spoke to me and was quite pleasant. Hotel staff upgraded me to the Royal Suite - this was without my request. This room is in the original Armouries building and was incredible. Staff has asked me if I enjoyed old architecture and I do. This room was a very pleasant surprise. Lovely high ceilings and a very large suite. The bed was amazingly comfortable and I had a wonderful sleep. I am an early riser and enjoyed reading on the chaise in the early morning hours. I also quite enjoyed the meals at the conference I attended. Most of all I appreciated the friendliness of the staff throughout. I think I will be returning again.

Room Tip: If you appreciate older buildings ask for a room in the original building. I also saw the rooms in...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Pamela N, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Karen C,

Thank you so much for letting us know how we did on your recent stay! I'm glad you were able to relax and unwind in the beautiful Royal Suite, especially while travelling on business. It is a luxurious sanctuary tucked away in the turret of our historic section, so finding another room like it would be nearly impossible! I'm so happy all our staff looked after you so well and I'll be sure to let the other departments know about the job well done. We look forward to seeing you again, be it business or pleasure.

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I visited this wonderful hotel in October and found it to be one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. The check in was smooth and efficient, as was the check out. I was ably assisted by Corey at the front desk at check out and he answered our questions and ensured that we enjoyed our stay. All the staff we encountered were very professional and courteous. I saw Corey assissting other guests and his pleasantness just stuck out so I made sure to remember his name when he checked us out.

This hotel has a lot of character and charm, and a good value for all the luxuries provided.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Julie R,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit. Thank you for the kind words and I'll be sure proper congratulations are passed on. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Armouries on your next getaway!

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Went to London to start my 60th birthday celebrations - From the minute we walked in the door we were greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. Since it was our very first visit to the hotel, we were so impressed with wonderful breakfast vouchers that Corey had sent up to us as an added touch. Our experience from check in to check out was absolutely amazing. Place was so well maintained and service excellent. We ate dinner in dining room at the hotel and were amazed at the quality of the food - just excellent. Sunday's Breakfast we were treated to the staff all dressed up for Halloween. Everything at the hotel was very reasonably priced as well.
Upon check out they offered to have our car brought around or our bags carried to lot. We took special note of the smiles on the faces of the staff as they went about their business and to me that is a sign of good management. A vacation stay should be enjoyed and not endured and Corey along with every staff member on duty made this one a very positive and memorable one.
WE WILL BE BACK !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Maxine D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm glad our team was welcoming and were able to make your special weekend a little more special. Our unique and very historic location are a great getaway no matter what the occasion. Thank you so much for staying with us, and a Happy (belated) Birthday to you!