“Fantastic Stay”

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I enjoyed a great stay at this Delta location. Everything was perfect. The bed was comfortable and complimentary wine was gifted to my partner and I. A great valentines day surprise! Mary-Kate at guest services made sure all questions were answered and that we were well taken care of. Having control over the thermostat was a major bonus. The room was spacious and the view was great. The location is surrounded by great places to eat too!

1  Thank Andrew J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My wife and I stayed one night at the Delta London Armouries while in London for a concert. The location is easy to find downtown within walking distance of the Budweiser Gardens. Check in was quick and easy. Self parking is right around the corner and they also offer valet parking. Both for a fee so be aware of that extra cost if you are arriving by car. Our room was quite nice with plenty of space and a king size bed. All the usual amenities were available including wifi and plug in internet which we did not use so cannot comment on how well it works. We did not use any of the facilities or restaurants at the hotel. We did have breakfast delivered to our room. It was very good and the price was in line with room service in any nice hotel, and subject to service charge and tax. The bed was very comfortable and the room was surprisingly quiet given some of the noises we heard earlier in the evening. We both got a great night's sleep. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had no complaints about our stay and would stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank pottert
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us! We appreciate your feedback. We use all of our guest feedback to ensure that we are providing a high level of service, as well as congratulating our employees on a job well done. We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful time, and will be back to revisit us. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

The hotel was nothing special, I especially did not like when I ordered a pizza that was made in the hotel and had to pay gratuity plus delivery, delivery for a pizza made in the hotel how preposterous! on top of that I woke up early wanting for a coffee and the machine had no button to turn on or off, also the phone was ringing at 8 am and no one knew that me and my guest were there so obviously it was a mistake made by the front desk who had the wrong room for a wake up call, overall my guest and I were highly disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Eric123,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with other travellers. I'm sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent visit, as it is always our goal. The automatic delivery fee is a standard fee applied for the convenience of dining in your room - but our staff would be happy to help you find a better solution that meets your dining needs at any time or review local establishments that offer complimentary delivery to the hotel. I've passed on your room comments to our Operations Team for reveiew as those items fall below the Delta standard. I'm so sorry if these items affected your weekend, but we hope you will return and use the Armouries again once your travels bring you to London. Please feel free to contact the hotel at any time to discuss your concerns with any of our Guest Services team. Enjoy the remainder of your Winter!

Warm Regards,
Tyler R

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The bed was very comfy, with plush, fluffy blankets, a very spacious room ( we were on the 9th ). It's cool staying in a hotel that has turrets! There's a lot of history here, with military photos spread around the original armoury section. Nice, fast, glass elevators, and a quiet hotel, even with hockey tourney crowds. The pool is perfect and there's a good hot tub there as well. That section may not be easily accessible if you are handicapped (but I could be wrong here). There's an indoor gym room that has two basketball nets (please straigten them out folks(!), but it's great for any kids, big or small, who may want to play some floor hockey.
As in previous reviews read here, the parking is a pain as one has to park a block away near the convention centre. A bit of an inconvenience, but this modern hotel add-on to a heritage front, so that's the way it is. Friendly staff and close to eveything downtown. We would stay here again.

Dear FromChathamOntario,

Thank you so much for taking some time to tell others about your historical and friendly experience at the Delta London Armouries. The original Armouries was built in 1905 and the structure is quite interesting. The bedrooms in that area are actual officer's offfices that have been converted - the offer a unique experience if you ever get the chance to come back.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!
Warm Regards,
Tyler R

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Very interesting hotel. Clean and unique.
Great location for downtown. Was within minutes of my meetings.
Would be nice to have onsite parking - which they do not. You either have to park yourself at $12/day or valet at $20.
Would stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed on the Club level. No issues - other then ask for a room away from elevator as they are nois...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with uis! We hope to welcome you back soon to our Hotel in the heart of downtown London!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I have stayed at the Delta several times and I can say I have always had some very enjoyable moments. For starters, the elevator is a very exciting elevator since it is glass and you can enjoy the view during your ride. The rooms I have stayed in have been spacious, the beds comfy, linens soft, big comfy towels, and bathrooms clean clean clean. The exercise room is spacious and there is an old school basketball court if you have an itch to see if you can still score on the court. The pool and hot tub are set in a huge atrium like setting and can be quite wonderful when it is not too crowded-try going at about 6 am to find solitude. I was disappointed on my last stay to find the hot tub ladder very loose, unsteady and downright unsafe - held together with duct tape! (I did mention it to them in a survey they sent me in my email after my stay where they responded and said they plan to fix it - I hope they do.....). Look for the historical items in the hallways lining the pool that help you remember you're in an old Armoury! Parking is a bit of a hassle since it's a block away in a lot - I have never used the valet parking but my brother told me it takes a long time to get your car. Most staff have been polite and helpful with the exception of the security officer who asked me during my last stay what was my business in the hotel when I was returning from a family dinner on a Saturday night - I was pretty insulted. In the past I have had trouble with noise from other rooms where one time a bachelor party was next door to me and consequently I had to move to a second room where the heat was stuck on. On the weekends there are usually events like weddings, fraternity parties, bachelor parties or regional youth hockey team events. If you want to sleep in this hotel, ask for a room away from the ruckus.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

We are so happy to have had you stay with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future! Thank you for your continued loyalty. We appreciated all your kind words regarding our establishment and staff members. Thank you again from the team at the Delta London Armouries!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Checked into the hotel on a Monday afternoon to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday that night. Thankfully the wonderful front desk attendant Mary-Kate inquired about my stay and asked if there was anything specific that I needed. Although I assured her that the beautiful room (located on the 2nd floor in the older section of the building) was enough, we returned from dinner that night to some red wine in the room and card wishing a happy birthday.

The room was clean, quiet and comfortable with a nice tv and a wonderful bed.

Upon checkout we had breakfast. Standard hotel breakfast buffet, however when our server chatted us up and found out about the birthday we were treated to a slice of cheesecake at the end of our meal. Another very nice touch was that we were given some to-go cups to bring the rest of our coffee home with us.

Highly recommend this hotel, especially for special occasions. The staff went above and beyond to make our night very special.

Room Tip: Ask about the rooms on the 2nd floor. They have spectacularly high ceilings (10-12 feet) and tall wi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are so happy to hear we could make your celebrations extra special! We strive to ensure our guests are met with top notch service here at the Delta Armouries. Please think of us next time you are in town!