“Amazing Staff, Great Hotel”

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This past weekend my three year old and I stayed at the Armouries while we were in London for a sporting event. Unfortunately, after we checked-in my son was sick to his stomach and we needed to change rooms.
When I called the front desk they quickly sent someone up to help us move to a room directly across the hallway so my son didn't have to move very far. The cleaning lady who just happened to be in the hallway at the time was so helpful and very kind when I informed her of what happened.
Once we were settled in our new room. There was a knock at the door and an employee was standing there with a very nice hand written note and a "get better" package for my son.
I can't say enough about how helpful everyone was at the hotel.
Next time we are in London we look forward to a more uneventful visit to the Armouries!

3  Thank A_Guy_Named_Dave
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Ask A_Guy_Named_Dave,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your story for other travelers to see. We have a great team here who love welcoming and taking care of visitors to London no matter what the circumstances. I'm hope you still got to enjoy the weekend and that we get a chance to welcome you back to the Armouries again soon. We wish you and your family a warm and happy Spring!

Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I really think the history of the building is what makes this hotel so amazing.
I wish they would have had pictures of the former rooms and building prior to it becoming a hotel. Loved the history windows of the former armouries. We stayed on the second floor.
The building has a lot of character. We used the pool and hot tub-beautiful, real plants surrounding the area. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room had a comfortable bed.
The price was very good. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bybren
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

We are thankful to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It's great to hear to appreciate the history and character of the building. We do have pictures from when it was an original Armouries for guests to view available at the Front Desk. Please come see us anytime if you are interested in seeing them! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My daughter and I spent a long awaited weekend away at the Delta London Armouries Hotel in February. We were checked in by the most pleasant front desk clerk who put us into a beautiful room overlooking the City with the most comfortable beds. We had a delicious dinner in the restaurant and the server was most helpful explaining the choices from wines to the specials. The room and facilities were great and the staff really went above and beyond to make our weekend a memorable one. We will definitely be going back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for the wonderful feedback from your recent visit to us! I will be sure to pass along your kind words of the Front Desk and Restaurant staff. We are so happy to hear you had a nice time, and enjoyed the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I recently had to travel to London for a family funeral. It was unexpected and travel arrangements were made very last minute. I want to thank the staff at the Delta in London for making this experience as painless as possible. From the time I drove up to the door the staff was nothing but helpful and courteous. They went out of their way to ensure that we were well taken care of during our stay. Our room was available immediately. It was quiet and provided all the amenities we needed. After a weekend of roller coaster emotions and crazy schedules my family finally relaxed together at brunch on Sunday. Snow was falling outside but we were cozy and warm inside and happy to be together enjoying the many bounties of the beautiful brunch. The Delta provided my family with a comforting place to touch down during a very stressful period.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for providing us with the wonderful feedback from your recent stay with us! We use all of our guest feedback to ensure that we are providing a high level of service, as well as congratulating our employees on a job well done. We are so happy we were able to provide you with a home away from home during this difficult time you and your family are going through. Please think of us next time you're in town, as we would love to accommodate you once again!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We recently visited to London to see family and decided to stay at the Delta rather than with our family. Wow! So glad we chose this hotel! From the minute we checked in, it was like we had already stayed there for a week. The Bellman kindly took our luggage and gave us a ton of info on surroudning places to eat and shop. The Front Desk staff never stopped saying hi when we would walk by or ask questions. They even remembered my name! We had a family dinner at my daughters place but we had breakfast and lunch at the hotel. Holy food! The food was so good and the waitress was so lovely. I think her name was Ann? Our room was very cozy and the beds were out of this world! Where can I get one of those pillows? My daughter will have to kick it up a notch if she expects us to stay at her place the next time we are in town! Lol!

1  Thank Karen B
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Karen B,

Thank you so much for you kind words about your recent stay! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the Armouries hospitality here in the city of London. Our Delta Sanctuary beds and Northern Feather pillows ensure its always a peaceful and relaxing stay so I'm glad you've discovered them and can spread the word :)

We hope you continue to use us as your home away from home in London - and if your family wanted to join you - we offer the BEST Sunday Brunch in the city. Our Chef's prepare many special custom dishes and the Pasta bar is always a favorite. Thank you again for taking time to share your experience, and we hope you enjoy the beginning of Spring.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Wow the delta lobby posh, the staff friendly, however the rooms need to be upgraded
Furniture and beds seem new room could use bathroom upgrade for sure
Stayed on a floor was told would be quiet due a recent procedure I had done on hospital and not ready to go home yet it faced the atrium ballroom all I heard was happy hour all the time and near an elevator ... I requested to change rooms they were very accommodating they switched me to executive floor ...much quieter for rest furniture the same room same decor
I did notice no bathroom fAns and rooms were over heated when asked about air or to cool down was told air is off on winter sorry so basically grin and bear
Would I stay here again?
Probably but will wait for upgrades so I cAn enjoy it more as I said purpose of stay was. Quiet comfy bed

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Beachhouse4567,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our historic downtown hotel. We hope to undergo renovations and updates in the very near future so we can offer the most comfortable and welcoming guest spaces in the City of London. Delta's new modeRooms are already in place in several other Delta properties and offer the most modern accommodations with travelers in mind. We hope to have them in London soon! I'll ensure your feedback is considered by our Operations team right away so the room issues can be addressed. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again when you visit the Forest City.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I spent my first and only night at the Delta Armouries in London with my autistic son to celebrate his 25th birthday. The staff were very supportive and helpful, the hotel was very clean, the room was great with nice comfortable beds and pillows. It was a very busy weekend in London, but there was always someone to help me when and if I needed it. Really enjoyed the pool and the hot tub as well. This hotel is a great landmark, easy to find and I will be back next time I go to London. Only less than perfect is the non-valet parking, 99 out of 100 for me!

3  Thank Richard B

Thank you for sharing the great news about your stay with us! We are so happy to hear you and your son had a good time and had all the help you needed. We hope to welcome you back again to the Delta London Armouries in the heart of downtown London in the near future!