“Awaiting surgery”

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in London
“Awaiting surgery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2008

My mother and I had to stay in London for a few days while my father went in a recovered from surgery.

The first night we stayed at the university hotel and relised that though it was a good deal it was not comfortable and we were more stressed in the end.

On our second day my father took a short turn (thank goodness) for the worse so with short notice we needed another night at a hotel.

I quickely opened the phone book and started looking for a hotel. Several of the places I called were already overbooked and we were getting worried that there would be no where to stay.

When I finally called the Delta the staff was so friendly and reasured us that there would be no plroblem. They didnt even insist that I give my cridit card number (since it was up six floors in the hospital room with my mother. When we arrived that night we were both so tired and the staff welcomed us, it felt peaceful.

We had dinner at the hotel (which was wonderful) and slept a sound sleep in their clean and comfortable hotel room.

Needless to say we wish our stay was for pleasure instead of hospital reasons so my husband and I will be staying in November for our one year anniversary and we cant wait.

Please let all your staff know how thankful my Mother and I were for your help and reasurance so that a stressful time was just a little more relaxed.

• Liked — The hospitality
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Lulu017
luvsdelta, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 6 October 2008
Dear Lulu017,
Thank you for your reviews in regards to your visit to the Delta London Armouries Hotel. It is our goal here at the Armouries to exceed all of our guest's expectations and I'm very happy that our staff was able to make a stressful evening into a relaxing and comforting experience for you.
We are always happy to help anyone who is visiting the city while loved ones are awaiting surgery and we hope to be able to invite you back during more positive times as well!
Kindest regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
hamelm
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2008

The Hotel was very beautiful, clean and the staff was very helpful and polite.

We booked a room with Hotels.com and the picture on the web site showed these bed with great looking duvet covers and there are two different rate. There are no explanation of the different rates.

When we walked into the room, the beds were very lob sided and looked uncomfortable and nothing like the pictures on Hotels.com. When I went down to request an other room, they upgraded us to the Deluxe room. When we walked into the Deluxe room the beds had the duvet covers and 4 plush pillows on each bed. The room was bigger and had more room to move around. I would suggest paying the extra 10$ for the upgrade, I know I will next time. The staff was very helpful and willing to help and all that with a smile, not once did they give me an evil eye or a funny look.

Then we had breakfasts at the restaurant and the services was also excellent and prompt and courteous. I ordered from the menu instead of having the breakfast buffet and it was worth the extra money. The yogurt with Granola was fresh and excellent. So was the coffee.

The only bad thing about the hotel is that there is no parking close by. You have to park one block in the back of the hotel of spring and extra 5$ plus tip for valet parking. If you choose to park in the back, which is okay, I strongly suggest that you unload your car and luggage with someone and have one person park the car in the back, 'cause it is a bit of a walk with luggage. But it's not enough to deter us from staying there again, we are now more aware of it and know what to do next time.

• Liked — The staff was very nice and helpful, the room was excellent
  • Disliked — parking was not explained well enough and one block away at back of hotel
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank hamelm
luvsdelta, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 18 August 2008
Thank you for your positive feedback. I’m delighted to hear our staff was able to address your concerns upon arrival to your room and ensure your stay was enjoyable. The Armouries Grille prides itself on offering a wide range of menu items to suite all tastes! Although Downtown London does have a bit of a parking shortage, we are happy to be able to offer our guests access to a city lot at a flat daily rate of $7.50 which allows our guests to come and go whereas parking with the city would result in having to pay each time you exit the lot. We do offer a valet service as well for a flat daily rate of $12 which again allows our guests to come and go as they wish.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta London Armouries Hotel!
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

I booked our room via email with the reservation manager, Rita Macdonald. I had many questions and several requests all of which she handled in a most professional manner.Upon arrival I discovered that we had been upgraded. We were on a SHADES OF SUMMER package which was excellent value.

While there was no doorman/bellhop at the door when I checked in they were present at all other times and very helpful.

The front desk staff were friendly ,polite and professional.

The maid was pleasant and made a point of exchanging our robes for better quality ones with a personal note as soon as I checked in.

The bartender worked under sress as the air conditioning was broken and he was alone with a full bar to serve but he did his very best.

The dining room staff were eficient and welcoming, serving a good breakfast.

Our room was bright, large with a good view of Dundas St. The beds were VERY comfortable and the bathroom large with pleasant amenities

• Liked — service and friendliness
  • Disliked — windows didn't open
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Baltzan
luvsdelta, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 11 August 2008
Dear Baltzan,
Thank you for taking the time to provide the readers of TripAdvisor with your thoughts on our hotel. I'm delighted that Rita was able to provide you with such personalized service and that you found all of our staff to be friendly and accommodating with every interaction. I would like to take a moment to mention that rooms located at the end of the halls in our hotel do offer opening windows for those that like a little fresh air. Feel free to request one of those rooms on your next visit.
Your experience is what we strive to provide every guest of the Delta London Armouries and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Pamela Nanni
Guest Services Manager
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2008

We stayed at the Delta Armouries two nights over the weekend and really enjoyed our stay. After being disapointed by other Delta properties, we were quite impressed with this hotel.. The location is very convenient; a short walk to most of the downtown London stuff like the market, richmond row, and the park. The room was really clean, quiet, and we had a nice view from the 15th floor. Alysha, the guest services manager really made you feel welcome and took care of things very efficiently, i.e they didn't leave us any sugar or coffee mate and she had someone bring us up fresh milk for our coffee.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lighting in the bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank MDL_81
luvsdelta, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 22 July 2008
Dear MDL_81,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel! Our goal is to exceed all of our guest's expectations and I'm delighted that all of our staff including Alysha, were able to provide you with a high level of comfort and relaxation during your time in London.
We very much look forward to your return in the near future!
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2008

The Delta London Armouries, as the name suggest, was built on the site of a former armouries, and they have preserved some of the elements of this building (such as front).

The staff throughout the hotel is very attentionate. The check-in desk is next to the restaurant which features a lot of open space and is in a great setting. The food in the restaurant is very good (dining, lunch) although I did find the breakfast items to be so-so.

I was in one of the Sig.Club room. Room size is good but as with many Delta hotels or hotels in "secondary" major urban centers investments would be needed to update the decor.

The pool area is also quite impressive and the hotel also has a small gym with basis workout equipment. On my way back from the gym/ppol to my room, I stumbled upon a little gallery that features the story of the armoury - neat!

Up until recently, the Hilton was my first choice in London but the Delta has become relatively more affordable and given my status with Delta, I can usually get a very decent room. Both hotels are fine and I'd say that if you need tp choose between the two, go on price and/or status - the only thing that I found superior at the Hilton is the Gym and their main restaurant - which will be secondary considerations to most guests. Delta features slightly larger rooms (some of them anyway) and not facing the train tracks makes it slightly quieter

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank ottwatrvllr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2008

We stayed at this hotel as guests at a wedding taking place on site. We arrived after a very long & hot drive and were immediately welcomed and made to feel at home. We hadn't even checked in yet and felt like we were being spoiled. The staff were friendly and attentive, and the room was absolutely huge, and gorgeous! It was one of the best sleeps I've ever had in my life. The wedding was beautiful, and dinner & reception were amazing. The staff here are such a great asset to this property - the best of the best. I'm looking for reasons to return to London just so we can visit this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank Matthew P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2008

Business trip for one night only- and a fantastic experience. The staff need to be congratulated at this hotel.

From the moment I arrived until my departure- every staff I encountered was superb. Whether on the phone, in the lobby, at the Signature Lounge, in the Restaurant- they could not do enough for you. The standard response from them was 'my pleasure'.

The Signature Lounge for a few dollars more offered free unlimited wine and beer in the evening with hot and cold h'dorves, 24 hour specialty coffees and teas and a lovely breakfast. Much more than expected.

Yes- it is a beautiful hotel with classic features- and the lobby, elevators and public areas are a bit dated. However the room was immaculate, plush, and spotless. Everything seemed new from the lines to the shower curtains.

A really lovely place to stay.

• Liked — Plush Room- Great Staff
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank 2fromOntario
luvsdelta, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 9 March 2008
Dear 2fromontario,
Thank you for proving feedback in regards to your most recent stay with us at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. Our goal is to exceed all of our guest's expectations and I'm delighted to hear how pleased you were with your stay. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta London Armouries Hotel in the near future!
Happy Travels!