Delta Hotels London Armouries
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Metro(London)
  • Restaurant
1,088 results
All reviewsvalet parkingvalet servicesignature club roomfront deskself parkunique hotelhistoric buildingrenovated roompool and hot tubbudweiser gardensdowntown areawould highly recommend this hotelrooms are largeking bedstayed one nighthockey tournamentarmoury
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here for a number of days over the course of several weeks for business purposes. When you first walk into the lobby there is an immediate smell of chlorine from the indoor pool. There were a couple of people wandering through the lobby with bath robes and bare feet - obviously going to or from the pool.

I reserved a room on the Signature level ( floors 18 thru 20) which includes access to a private lounge. This was a nice feature and provided an afternoon cocktail service and morning breakfast ( buffet) service. the first week that I stayed my room was a few doors down from the elevator and the noise of the elevator cars going up and down made it very difficult to sleep. Fortunately, I always travel with ear plugs which were necessary to block out the noise. The following week I requested a room far from the elevators. When I entered the room there was slight aroma of cigarette smoke but somewhat mufffled by room deodorizer. However the first night, all I could smell on the bed linens was cigarette smoke. the next day, it seemed to subside a bit but when I returned home and emptied my luggage, there was a very noticeable smell of cigarette smoke on my clothing.

There were a few evenings when our group was working late and therefore chose to dine in the hotel. The food was quite disappointing. Two of us ordered the pasta bolognese which consisted of bland noodles with a scarce amount of sauce that tasted mostly of tomato with very little meat. the cesear salads were nondescript and consisted of commercial brand dressing.

The hotel offers valet service and the gentlemen who greet you when you pull up are all very welcoming and helpful. My car was always at the front door in the morning when requested.

overall, the experience was average. I found the signature level to be a nice add on as it was convenient to take breakfast in the morning and head out early for meetings.

Room Tip: request a room away from the elevators as they are very noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback. We use all of our guest feedback to ensure that we are providing a high level of service, as well as congratulating our employees on a job well done. We are sorry to hear of the noise disruptions you experienced during your last visit to us, and of the smell of smoke you experienced. I have passed along your concerns to our Housekeeping team to look in to.
I've also made the Food & Beverage team aware of your disappointment in the quality of the food with your dinner service.
On a positive note, we are happy to hear you enjoyed the amenities of the Signature Club Lounge!
If you would value the opportunity to discuss your recent stay any further, please contact the Hotel directly to speak with Management. We do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This past weekend my three year old and I stayed at the Armouries while we were in London for a sporting event. Unfortunately, after we checked-in my son was sick to his stomach and we needed to change rooms.
When I called the front desk they quickly sent someone up to help us move to a room directly across the hallway so my son didn't have to move very far. The cleaning lady who just happened to be in the hallway at the time was so helpful and very kind when I informed her of what happened.
Once we were settled in our new room. There was a knock at the door and an employee was standing there with a very nice hand written note and a "get better" package for my son.
I can't say enough about how helpful everyone was at the hotel.
Next time we are in London we look forward to a more uneventful visit to the Armouries!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank A_Guy_Named_Dave
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Ask A_Guy_Named_Dave,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your story for other travelers to see. We have a great team here who love welcoming and taking care of visitors to London no matter what the circumstances. I'm hope you still got to enjoy the weekend and that we get a chance to welcome you back to the Armouries again soon. We wish you and your family a warm and happy Spring!

Warm Regards,
Tyler R
Guest Services

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I really think the history of the building is what makes this hotel so amazing.
I wish they would have had pictures of the former rooms and building prior to it becoming a hotel. Loved the history windows of the former armouries. We stayed on the second floor.
The building has a lot of character. We used the pool and hot tub-beautiful, real plants surrounding the area. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room had a comfortable bed.
The price was very good. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bybren
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

We are thankful to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It's great to hear to appreciate the history and character of the building. We do have pictures from when it was an original Armouries for guests to view available at the Front Desk. Please come see us anytime if you are interested in seeing them! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My daughter and I spent a long awaited weekend away at the Delta London Armouries Hotel in February. We were checked in by the most pleasant front desk clerk who put us into a beautiful room overlooking the City with the most comfortable beds. We had a delicious dinner in the restaurant and the server was most helpful explaining the choices from wines to the specials. The room and facilities were great and the staff really went above and beyond to make our weekend a memorable one. We will definitely be going back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful feedback from your recent visit to us! I will be sure to pass along your kind words of the Front Desk and Restaurant staff. We are so happy to hear you had a nice time, and enjoyed the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I recently had to travel to London for a family funeral. It was unexpected and travel arrangements were made very last minute. I want to thank the staff at the Delta in London for making this experience as painless as possible. From the time I drove up to the door the staff was nothing but helpful and courteous. They went out of their way to ensure that we were well taken care of during our stay. Our room was available immediately. It was quiet and provided all the amenities we needed. After a weekend of roller coaster emotions and crazy schedules my family finally relaxed together at brunch on Sunday. Snow was falling outside but we were cozy and warm inside and happy to be together enjoying the many bounties of the beautiful brunch. The Delta provided my family with a comforting place to touch down during a very stressful period.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for providing us with the wonderful feedback from your recent stay with us! We use all of our guest feedback to ensure that we are providing a high level of service, as well as congratulating our employees on a job well done. We are so happy we were able to provide you with a home away from home during this difficult time you and your family are going through. Please think of us next time you're in town, as we would love to accommodate you once again!