We stayed here for 3 nights on holiday but were disappoiinted with the hotel.
The initial impression was quite good with the reception looking clean and bright even though there was a strong chlorine smell in the air due to the proximity of the pool. However, on going to our 11th Floor Premier room we were concerned that the corridor looked very dark and dated and were even more disappointed when our room not only looked dark and dingy but smelt strongly of smoke. We immediately asked to change rooms and someone was sent up to move us. When we reached the second room the bedding looked new but the furniture and wallcoverings looked very tatty and dated. We asked to upgrade but were unable to as the hotel was fully booked. We were offered the possibility of moving the following day but in the end decided to stay in the room as we couldn't be bothered to pack up again and move rooms for just 2 nights.
The next problem we had was the bath - for some unknown reason they have surrounded the bath with marble but it has been designed so badly that you are unable to rest your head back when you have a bath. No chance of a long relaxing soak with a book here!
We didn't eat or drink in the hotel or use any of the other facilities so can't comment on the rest of the hotel but I would recommend paying more for a Signature Club room if you want to stay here. The good points are that the staff were really friendly and helpful at all times
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries features 246 rooms with luxurious pillow top mattresses, white striped bedding, plush duvet, designer cummerbund and accent pillows. A work desk, complimentary high speed internet and a full range of amenities help to ensure a luxurious and productive stay. For the traveler wishing luxurious comfort, the hotel offers a Signature Club level with upgraded amenities, complimentary continental breakfast, evening hors d'oeuvres in a private lounge. The Delta London Armouries also features several specialty suites located in the historic section of the hotel. Recreation Our recreational facilities are perfect for unwinding after a long day. Enjoy our indoor pool, and whirlpool in a beautiful atrium setting. Dining Enjoy London's Best Sunday Brunch or our Prime Rib Buffet in the Armouries Grille Restaurant. Seasonal specials and a full a la carte menu will ensure an exquisite dining experience. Lounge The Cantata Lounge crowns the top of one of our live atriums in the heart of our historical building. Relax in the comfortable atmosphere with friends, watch the big game or don't miss an episode of your favourite show on our 52in LCD TVs. Meetings Delta London Armouries offers first class facilities in a historical setting with flexible packages and exceptional service to ensure your next event exceeds your expectation. For your convenience the London Convention Centre is within walking distance. Weddings Let us help you plan the perfect wedding. With such a unique venue and personal attention to every detail, the Delta London Armouries Hotel has everything you need in one location. Great Entertainment From London Knights Hockey to Concerts, Live Shows and events at one of the many venues including Budweiser Gardens, Centennial Hall, Western Fair and Grand Theatre are in close proximity to the hotel. We have affordable packages for everything you'll want to see and do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta London Armouries Hotel London
- Delta Hotel London
- London Delta
- Delta Hotels By Marriott London Armouries Ontario