Delta Hotels London Armouries
Free cancellation until 02/06
US$123
US$119
1,088 results
All reviewsvalet parkingvalet servicesignature club roomfront deskself parkunique hotelhistoric buildingrenovated roompool and hot tubbudweiser gardensdowntown areawould highly recommend this hotelrooms are largeking bedstayed one nighthockey tournamentarmoury
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was in London for a wedding at the Armouries. A whole bunch of family members splurged and got different hotel rooms (and even the Royal Suite!) The hotel looks nice, and the staff is nice, never doubt that. But I found that for the price I paid, everything was a bit underwhelming. The soundproofing is a big part of the problem. Deltas usually have better soundproofing than that.

But I feel like it should have been better (unfortunately, I've been to 3 hotels out of 4 hotels in the same block and they're the same), but you could hear everything! If you have kids, this is very annoying, especially if you get the rooms that are somehow built into the original building. A cousin of mine got a room on the fifth floor, which was modern, but it had a balcony into the armouries. She could hear the music blasting from the reception. I don't think her neighbours were happy since her babies were tetchy.

Unfortunately, it's the same for the more modern floors too.

Pros:
A piece of history. You can walk around the floors and read plaques.
The employees are so kind, helpful and enthusiastic about their job. It goes a long way.
The pool is so pretty.
3-hole mini golf.

Cons:
The soundproofing. Where is it? Where is my quality sleep? I think this is more of an issue on the weekends though. So business people, don't listen to me. Unless you get noisy neighbours anyway.
The restaurant/lounge food was underwhelming for the price point.
Not a lot of stuff is open on the weekend in downtown London (like the Tim Hortons), so if you're feeling poor, you have to get your car or walk further for a food run (except for Mac's and Subway).
Pay for your parking (but this is how it is with all the hotels downtown).

Room Tip: If you want quieter rooms ask for rooms that are not connected to the old part of the Armouries, or look into the old Armouries. You should ask for the higher rooms that are part of the modern building.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melisa K
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Melisa K,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and comments from your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback, good and bad as it allows us to know where improvement is needed. I am sorry to hear of the noise from neighbouring rooms. I can certainly understand how that would be inconvenient and I am apologetic for the lack of quality sleep.
I am happy to read that you found the employees to be warm and welcoming and the service helpful. I have followed up with our Operations team regarding your suggestions as they are valuable and great ideas.
Thank you again for the review Melisa K. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta London.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Certainly a unique hotel, apparently converted from an old Armoury building. The expansive and impressive remains are on display throughout the common areas on the main floor, lending character to the restaurant and pool areas. The room was very nice, however due to the structure of the building, the window overlooking the atrium was small and oddly shaped. It was a very loud room too; I could hear plenty of noise coming from the elevators, hallway, and stairs, making it necessary to use ear plugs to get a good sleep. 7/10

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear bensagle,
Thank you for the review and for staying with us at the Delta Armouries. I am glad you had an opportunity to see all of the historic memorabilia on display around the hotel. It is fantastic that the building was able to be salvaged and used for a hotel. I am happy to read that you found the room to be comfortable but would like to apologize for the noise level. The atrium setting can be a challenge with keeping noise levels at a minimun; I will be sure to offer you a higher floor for your next stay.
Thank you again for the review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Delta Armouries, certainly came through for me in every way. I had actually booked two nights at another nearby downtown hotel. But my first night there was a absolutely disaster. I knew the following morning that I could not deal with staying another night there. So I called the Delta Amouries to see if they had any rooms available. They did. When I arrived, I was warmly greeted at the front door. They helped me with my luggage, they parked my car. Check in was a breeze and I was given a delightful room on the 19th floor. A hot buffet breakfast and newspaper were both enjoyed right away. The room was everything that I needed. Tasteful, clean, a comfortable temperature, very quiet, super comfortable bed with dreamy pillows! Dinner in the dinning room was second to none. Seriously, a beautiful meal that would be hard to beat in any top restaurant. What's not to love? Thanks you guys, for a perfect stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear ilovefindlay,
Thank you for the review and for staying with us at the Delta Armouries. I am happy to read that you were met by friendly, welcoming employees and had an enjoyable experience with us. We pride ourselves on our staff so it is great to hear that they made your stay the best it could be.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed at the Delta Armories for two nights in April 2014 for a business trip. The hotel is a little dark and tired but they do a good job of making you comfortable. The internet was fast and easy to log into, the room was comforable with a good bed, pillows and bedding.It is a great location if you want to be downtown. The hotel had a special reception for Delta priveledge members and it was nice to meet the hotel staff and mingle with other guests over a glass of wine. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Barbara M.
Thank you for the positive hotel review and feedback. I am glad to read your stay was enjoyable and that you found the employees to be friendly and helpful. It sounds like you came on a great night, during one of our monthly Manager's Receptions. I am happy you had the opportunity to go and enjoy.
Thank you again for the review and comments Barbara M. It is appreciated.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Delta London Armouries is a fine hotel. I spent three days there in April. The room is nicely appointed. The pillowtop bed made for a good night's sleep. The food was very good at the weekend buffet. There are two convenient parking options.

What makes the Armouries special is the people, Liz at reception, Jamie for cuisine, and Rob at the bar will make your visit pleasant and special. I can recommend this hotel,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mug1972,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with a review. I am happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found the employees to be welcoming and friendly. We look forward to your return!