“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in London
Winnipeg, Canada
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have stayed at the Delta several times for business over the years and had an opportunity to stay there again this past week. The hotel is still clean and well-maintained and the staff were all friendly and welcoming. The overall ambiance is "turn of the century", but with some modern touches. My only criticism is with the health facility, which is small and relatively spartan, but it met my needs. I would definitely stay again if or when I'm back in London.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear BRem_from_wpg,
Thank you for the review! We really appreciate the feedback as it allows us to know where improvement is needed, or who we can congratulate on a job well done. I am happy to read that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Delta London Armouries Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Furniture and fixtures in the room i stayed in was very outdated and badly needs renovating! I felt like i was staying at a motel. Property location is very good and walking distance to many shops, restaurants and the VIA rail station. Staff are friendly and it is generally a clean hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear IbnButatta,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We appreciate the comments as it allows us to know where improvement is needed. I am sorry that you weren't in one of our newly renovated guest rooms. We are continously renovating and looking for ways to improve. We will be sure to have you stay in one of our updated rooms on your next stay. I am glad to read that you found our downtown location helpful. We are lucky to have so many great restaurants and shops in the area.
Thank you again for the feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Armouries.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The staff are very friendly & helpful,room was very nice & clean. The Sunday brunch was awesome,food choices would please anyone and the service was excellent. We would also recommend going just for the brunch for a nice Sunday outing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Paul M.
Thank you for the review and comments. I am happy to read that your stay was comfortable, and that you enjoyed our Sunday Brunch. The food selection is really amazing - almost best to look it all over then focus in on your favorites! Thanks again for the review! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Armouries.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were recently in London for a sports tournament and our team stayed at this hotel. The building is very unique - outside is a castle. It is beautiful inside and out. The staff upon check-in was very helpful, friendly and welcoming. The pool area is done very beautifully and there is a free indoor mini-putt beside the pool. Although we didn't eat at the restaurant, others from our team did, and thought it was very good. The room we were in was a great size as was the bathroom! Comfortable beds, and lots of space to avoid feeling cramped. The location couldn't be better- right downtown with lots of restaurants (both fast-food and sit down) very nearby. We only had one small issue, which was taken care of immediately in a very professional manner. I was very satisfied with my stay, and would stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: They have valet parking, but it is cheaper to choose the lot behind the hotel - complete in and out...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ottawaresident12
Tyler R, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Ottawaresident12,

We're so happy to hear that you were well looked after during you recent trip and that you enjoyed your Sports trip to London. Summer sports season is here and we are conveniently located in the middle of London and close to many parks, arenas and sports fields. I'm glad you enjoyed your guestroom that was your homebase for the weekend and hopefully we'll have a chance to welcome you back for another tournament soon.
All the best,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have been staying here many years. The hotel is well located, walkable to most downtown destinations. The staff is friendly and courteous, always ready to help. The room and King size bed were terrific! The hotel always remembers my preferences as a Delta Privilege member and returning guest.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jules P
Dear Jules P,

Thank you for sharing your experiences for other travelers and thank you for continuing to make the Armouries your home-away-from home! We love adding new members to the Armouries family and customizing their stay as much as we possibly can! Hopefully you get a chance to enjoy the beautiful Summer weather that has arrived and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Warmest Regards,
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Saturday was Mom's night out for my friend and I, an experience we don't get very often.Our Stay at the Delta made this weekend go from good to amazing.

We were treated with kindness and a smile from the moment we walked in. Our room was cozy and clean, I even had a woman knock and make sure our room was cleaned to our liking. I have stayed at many hotels and never had someone be sure I was happy with my room while I was in it.

A trip down to the hot tub and pool was just what I needed before a night on the town. The pool was clean and well maintained as was the hot tub.

After a night out the beds were so comfortable I fell right to sleep. Waking the next morning feeling refreshed and looking forward to brunch downstairs.

Brunch is never a disappointment, I have gone to this brunch many of times and it's always delicous. Although it was a Mom's weekend I couldn't help but think how much my son loves the little children's candy bar and chocoalte fountain...yes they have those! It's fantastic. They also have your regular brunch items and to top of a delicous meal the amazing deep fried cheesecake. I recommend, if you stay at the Delta stay for the brunch as well.

All and all a great weekend, thanks Delta for relaxing this worn out Mommy!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NikDav13
Dear NikDav13,

Thank you so much for taking time to share the details of your much deserved Mommy Getaway! I'm glad you chose the Armouries for your getaway and that you were able to indulge in our famous Sunday Brunch! Hopefully your next getaway is not too far down the road and we'll get a chance to welcome you back again before the Summer is over.
Warmest Regards,
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was my very first stay at the Delta London Armouries and I have to say that I was extremely impressed. I felt like I was on a vacation! The rooms were clean and spacious, the staff was friendly and very accommodating and the pool and hot tub were definitely a bonus to have right in the hotel. I will be staying there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Heather D,

Thank you so much for choosing the Delta London on your recent visit! We appreciate your kind words and hope that you will have the chance to visit us again this Summer. The best festivals and events are just outside our doorstep in Downtown London, so hopefully you'll have a chance to return. Take care and enjoy the warm weather!