“The staff is AMAZING! I am telling all of my friends to go the Delta in London.”

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 October 2009

A college friend and I met halfway between our NY and MI homes and picked the Delta off the internet. We met for a girls weekend to laugh and catch up. The service at the Delta was among the very best I have ever experienced! From Rita the reservations manager who recommended an executive room with the comp happy hour and breakfast (which were both terrific), to John the sommelier and waiter who made our dinner a dining experience, to the elevator operators who interacted with every person on the elevator, to the valets who were fun, prompt, and courteous, to the gift shop check out clerk who was friendly, to the nice woman who checked us out and asked for our autograph on the bill-everyone was terrific!! A special thank you to Rita who set the bar high for our expectations which were all met. We also appreciate the personal note and special gift you left in our room while we were in the restaurant laughing with John and enjoying the fabulous meal. We recommend the lamb. I was most impressed that the high level of attention to service pervaded the atmosphere and came across as just the way the Delta in London does business. It wasn't just one or two pleasant people - it was every employee we interacted with. Kudos to you all for taking great care of your guests!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank mshopper99
luvsdelta, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2009

Dear mshopper99,
WOW! Thank you so much for all your kind words. Your experience is what we strive to provide every guest who walks through our doors! Rita & Jonny will be thrilled to know how much they did to enhance your stay and I’ll be sure to celebrate their success along with all our employees.
I'm so happy that you were able to experience such great stay as well as catch up with an old friend. We love helping guests celebrate these moments and creating memories that last a life time!
I truly appreciate you taking a moment to share your storey with all travelers considering staying with us and I hope that the next reunion brings you back to London, why not make it a yearly event!!!
Thanks again for your review
Pamela Nanni

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 25 October 2009

Food and dirty dishes in hallways does not make this Hotel very presentable. Rooms are in need of renovations ,old tv's in room which you can not see when sitting in the chairs, rooms and furniture are very outdated. Way over rated. Buffet looked good but not paying that price for it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank corley52

Dear Corley52,
I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I wanted to assure you that your experience is not typical of our hotel and I will be addressing you concerns with our management team.
I also wanted to let you know that we are in the process of updating a number of our guest rooms during our yearly renovation process. The updates will also include flat screen 27" plasma TV’s that are on an open dresser so they can be angled to view from any area in the room.
Many guests choose to leave their In-Room Dinning trays in the hall when they have finished dinning. Our Food and Beverage team makes sweeps as often as possible to collect these trays.
Our full Breakfast buffet at $14 offers a wide variety of foods including omelets made to order, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, muffins, croissants, and preserves, cereal, bagels and toast as well as unlimited coffee tea and juice. For the traveler looking for something light, the Continental buffet includes fresh fruit, muffins, yogurt, and beverages for $11. The choices are endless!
I appreciate you feedback as it allows us to make changes and adjustments to our service and product to ensure all guests enjoy their stay
Thank you once again for taking the time to review our hotel and I do hope you will choose to stay with us in the future!

Reviewed 20 September 2009

I just got back from my sister-in-laws wedding and I believe it is safe to say that this is a great hotel. We had a minor issue with our room upon arrival and as soon as I informed the front desk; the problem was solved in a friendly and satisfying way. The staff's friendliness was outstanding. I did not encounter one person who was not helful and smiling. I would most definately recommend this hotel to others. Kudos to Charles, Molly, Caley/Drew and the staff and management at front desk and also all the wonderful and very quick valet attendants.
One bit of constructive criticism for servers...maybe make sure we are finished before clearing away unfinished items ie: breakfast plates or drinks from bar.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank housekeeper10
luvsdelta, Guest SErvices Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2009

Dear housekeeper10,
I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to provide us with such glowing feedback after your recent stay here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. Weddings are an exciting time for everyone here at the hotel and of course our focus is on the bride and groom however we know the traveling friends and family are just as important so I’m delighted that you had such a wonderful time!
You can be sure I will let all the Valet attendants know how much you appreciate their quick service and congratulate them on a job well done. I'll be sure to let Charles, Molly, Caley & Drew know that you've mentioned them and really appreciated all their hard work!
Once again housekeeper10, I truly appreciate the time you've taken to write a review for out hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 14 September 2009

I have stayed at many hotels throughout Canada and the United States. I often will read comments on this website before booking a room, yet I have never wrote one of my own. My stay at the Delta was so stressful and awful that I just had to.

1) I was in town for a wedding. I called the hotel in the early afternoon to ask for an early check-in to prepare for the wedding after a six hour drive. They assured me that it would be allowed. Upon arrival, they did not have any rooms ready and were told that we could use the change area for the pool to shower and get ready! We then asked for parking so that we could unload and use the facilities. We were told not, we could not park until we were officially checked-in. We had to park a block away and walk back to the hotel with our luggage.

Finally, after I pleaded my case they were able to find me room, this was after almost 40 minutes, but not in the area I originally booked, or the style. We were placed in the old section, not renovated, with one queen bed and a pullout couch. We had booked a room with two queen beds.

2) When I tried to get ready for the wedding, I realized that the washroom plug-in wasn't working. I had to curl my hair in the livingroom without a mirror. I finally became frustrated enough to call the front desk. Their solution...they provided me with an extension cord that stretched from the livingroom to the washroom. Not only was this unsafe, but caused a lot of confusion. Could they not have switched us rooms?

Overall, I did not enjoy my experience at the Delta and will not return. They were not accomodating and provided us with an unsafe room for the night. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
luvsdelta, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2009

Dear smg1981, I would like to apologize for the service you received during your stay and the disappointment you experienced. I can assure you this is not typical of a stay with us as we make every effort to offer suggestions to our guests when requests can not be honored.
We organize a number of weddings and wedding guest rooms every weekend and do everything we can to allow for early check-in's however, often times we are booked solid the night before and with a guaranteed Check out of 12noon, it's not always possible to arrange rooms prior to our standard 3pm check-in. We do offer change room facilities and options of switching room types and we have recently begun to offer luggage storage as well to help those guests who are coming from out of town.
Downtown London is very limited for parking facilities but we are pleased to offer a flat nightly rate to our guests in the closest city lot possible which is a located a half block from the hotel entrance. This does cause a short walk and I apologize our staff did not offer to hold on to your luggage while you parked as this is a standard we have in place.
Our goal here at the Armouries is to exceed all our guest's expectations and again I apologize we were unable to meet this goal with regards to your stay. We are committed to listening to our guests and making changes and adjustments to our service style to meet every guest’s needs. I appreciate your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back here to the Delta London Armouries Hotel in the future!

Reviewed 11 May 2009

My wife an I went to the Delta for the buffet and mothers day and were charge $94 for 2 buffets ($47 each). I would never go back!!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cirrusa45
luvsdelta, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2009

Dear cirrusa45,
Thank you for providing feedback with regards to your dinning experience during our Famous Sunday Brunch. Mother's Day is a very special occasion that we celebrate here at the Armouries with over 600 diners each year. We realize how special everyone wants to make mom feel that day so we include a number of extras such as lamb, beef strip loin, oysters, and a chocolate fountain for dessert. We also have potted wrapped herbs as a center piece on the table that mom can take home with her as a token of the special occasion!
Our normal Sunday brunch is $26.95 but with all the extras provided for Mother's Day, we do have a nominal increase up to $36.95 per person. This charge is not inclusive of taxes and gratuities so that would explain the high amount you were charged.
We've been serving Mother's Day brunch for a number of years and many of our patrons comment on the memorable experience and fantastic value.
We look forward to welcoming you back here to dine in the Armouries Grille or perhaps spend the night in one of our spacious guest rooms!
Kindest regards

Reviewed 10 May 2009

We stayed on May 6th, 2009. We were on our way to Niagara Falls from the Chicago area and thought this would be a nice stopping point for an overnight stay. We were very pleased with our choice. We based our choice on viewing the reviews on Tripadvisor and its location to the restaurant we wanted to dine at (also based on reviews on Tripadvisor).

The location is simply the location. It is a downtown area of a small city. Nothing particularly exciting about it. It was a pleasant town to walk around in, however much like any city, there is a less desirable area. We didn't have any problem walking around during the day...locating the restaurant we had chosen. Being what we hoped were smart travelers, we asked the staff if it was safe to walk at night. They agreed it was, however they changed our route to make it the safest way possible. We dined at "The Only on King" which was only a few blocks from the hotel.

The room we stayed in was their premium category. It was clean with a nice view of the city. The hotel is older. The only challenge we had with the room was that it was a too warm. We like it quite cool to sleep, and we could not get the room cold enough. Other than that, it was quite pleasant. The only negative comment we could make was that they need better cushions on the bar stools in the lounge. Their a bit flat on metal chairs.

Now to the best part of our stay...the staff. They were fabulous. From the moment we pulled in, the bellman and valet were so personable and friendly. We spent some time at the lounge. Lisa was the bartender. She was pleasant and attentive. Cynthia was waiting tables, and stopped by to offer some help in how to get to the restaurant the safest. They also suggested we stop at the front desk and have reservations made since there was a concert in town. Great idea! Chris at the front desk was also very helpful and made the reservations. Check out was equally as pleasant.

Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 2RNS
luvsdelta, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2009

Dear 2RNS,
I'm delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel! It is our goal here to surpass all of our guest's expectations during every stay and I'm very happy to read the Lisa, Cynthia and Chris were all able to add special touches to make your time in London that much more enjoyable. You can be sure I will share you feedback with these individuals and congratulate them on a job well done! I look forward to welcoming you back here to the hotel the next time you are passing through our little "Forest City"!
Kind Regards – Pamela Nanni

Reviewed 15 March 2009

i have just literally returned from this hotel today. I was in town for a concert, and really all I wanted was a place to crash after hanging out with my friends there. I chose the hotel initially because I got a good rate on a queen room, and it seemed to be rated well.

The entrance / lobby / restaurant is in the restored armoury building, and it looked nice. Gave a lot of atmosphere to the place. The actual rooms are in the tower that rises from the armoury building. Check in was efficient, and I went upstairs to my room.

The room looked nice. It was clean, well appointed with a sofa, chairs, and the bedding was very nice. Four very nice pillows and a body pillow.

As for the bathroom, it was similar in style to what you would get at home (everything in one room), which might be an issue if you are travelling with others and are in a rush. The faucet for the shower was a little loose when turning, but that is probably my only complaint.

As for the staff... very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank bratman7
luvsdelta, Guest Services Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2009

Dear bratman7,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. It is our goal here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel to exceed all our guest's expectations and I'm very happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. With our convenient location within minutes of the John Labatt Centre we are the perfect hotel for accommodations after a concert or event and offer a wide variety of comfortable rooms for any type of getaway.