“Home away from home”

Delta Hotels London Armouries
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Wow! The Delta London is number one! I was stranded in a snow storm and stayed at the Delta London Armouries without reservation. I thought, better in a hotel room than in a ditch by the roadside.
Well, not just a hotel room. It was my home away from home. In fact, better than!
What a grand delight to be looked after on a stormy night! I was taken care of! All I had was the shirt on my back and they supplied all that I needed in a room that was comfortable, cozy and suite! -- (pun intended)
All the staff are amazing. From entering in the front door, the welcome, to reception and on the way to my room. They were friendly, professional and understanding -- looked after me ... all my needs ... and more. With so many bests it's hard to sort through to pick. Yet, the best was the staff making me feel welcomed and appreciated.
Thanks Delta for the rescue, for the comfort, and for the home away from home... Wow!!!

paullamb.ca

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Exploringtheiceberg
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2011

Dear Exploringtheiceberg,
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with a review of your experience here at the Delta. This winter has been a tough one for all and I'm glad our staff was able to provide a rescue to you from the elements and allow you to enjoy a warm, comfortable evening. We will always look after our guests and our goal is to make you feel right at home - clearly we hit the mark!
I sincerely appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back here to the Delta London Armouries hotel in the near future!
Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed 31 January 2011

This hotel has a lot of character, a lot of history to it. There are interesting displays to look at if you've got the time.
We had lots of room, the beds were very comfortable, lots of fluffy pillows, free wi-fi. The staff were very friendly, eager to help out. (They delivered bathrobes to our room so we could use them going down to the pool.) Our vehicle was brought to the front of the hotel quickly.
I have only 2 negative things to mention. For such a nice hotel, I was surprised that our room had just a small and old tv, not an LCD. Secondly, I think the pool/pool area needs a little facelift, but all in all, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank Lovestotravel197112

Dear Lovestotravel197112,
I certainly appreciate you taking a moment to provide us with a review about your recent stay here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel.
I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed our unique structure and appreciate how we've made history and hospitality work so well together. I'm also happy to hear you were comfortable in our Sanctuary style rooms. We are in the process of updating the TV’s and currently have new LCD flat Screen TV's in our Signature and Premier Rooms and hope to have them in all rooms by the end of year.
We are currently undergoing a face lift to many of our Public Areas and I thank you for the suggestion regarding the Pool area.
We always enjoy feedback from our guest and I’m glad that you were happy with your stay. Myself along with the rest of the team here at the Delta Armouries look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 21 January 2011

Stayed 5 nights Jan 2011.

Generally a good stay....I am happy with the price we paid, and the overall experience favorable.

What we liked:

Rooms were very clean, and were nice and large. Beds were comfortable, and lots of big fluffy pillows. The huge floor to ceiling window overlooking downtown was a bonus, especially at night. We also liked having the fridge and coffee maker.

Elevators were fast - we never waited or had any problems. The customer service at the front desk was incredible! Anyone we dealt with was extremely professional.

Can't forget - Tim Horton's right next door, walking distance to a movie theatre, and close to Crabby's Bar and Grill (a nice little place down the street).

What we didn't like so much:

The hotel was under construction, which meant the lobby was very noisy at times. The construction also meant that only one restaurant was open, instead of both of them.

We ate at the 2nd floor restaurant one night and the food was good, but menu selection limited and pricey ($16.00 for a burger). Later, we wanted to go for a drink at 10:30 and the bar was closed (it was advertised as being open until 11:30).

I would like to see the bathrooms updated in the rooms. They are nice and big, but really dated. It also took several mintues to get hot water, no matter what time of day.

A decent stay, but bad timing considering the construction. For the price, the rooms and service were good.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachbum_number1
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2011

Dear beachbum_number1,
Thank you for taking a moment to describe your experience while staying here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and comfortable bedding and appreciate the suggestion regarding an update to our bathrooms. This is something we are currently working on to bring a more modern feel to the entire room.
Our team prides itself on providing efficient, friendly, customer service and I'm very happy to hear you were impressed with our Front Office Staff.
I would like to offer my sincere apologies for our renovations. We are constantly striving to improve our unique property while maintaining our Historic Charm. We expect all the updates to be completed by the end of February and are very excited about our new look. I do hope you will have a chance to come back and see all the changes we've made.
Thank you once again for taking time you review our hotel.

Reviewed 9 January 2011

When we are able to get away & visit London Ontario - the Armourie's is the only place we will stay. Very close to the Via Rail Station & right downtown. The main part of the hotel is historic with alot of character, it's a really nice place for a romantic weekend getaway. The staff have always been very friendly & very informative in places to visit in the area. The rooms are nicely decorated & I like that you are able to see the downtown area. We had reservations for both their Christmas Eve Dinner it was a very nice romantic quiet dinner, and we also had reservations for their Christmas Day Extravagant Brunch. Words cannot begin to subscribe it - but it had to be the best selection & array of every delectible item that anyone could want. Cheers and Bravo to the staff and cooks for making my Christmas one to remember. I cant wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ilovenascar
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2011

Dear ilovenascar
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience while staying with us here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. I've so happy to hear that our staff were able to help make the holidays a happy time for you. Our team prides itself on making each guest’s stay a special one and our Holiday Brunches and Evening buffets are something that we plan for months - I'll be sure to let the Food and Beverage team know how much you appreciated their efforts.
Myself, along with the rest of the Armouries Team look forward to having you back anytime!

Reviewed 3 January 2011

We stayed at the Armouries over Christmas while visiting family in London. Our room on the "executive floor" was roomy and comfortable. This is not a recently updated hotel - furnishings were in good condition, but a bit dated. The bathroom was a good size with basic amenities and a very slippery floor in the tub (thoughtfully a rubber mat was provided). The "lounge" on the executive floor was very basic - essentially a hotel room converted into a lounge. It offered passable snacks and drinks, but after trying them the first evening, we didn't go back. We found the service to be hit or miss. Great service at the reception - knowlegeable, friendly and helpful. The restaurant wait staff varied from excellent on our first day to "couldn't care less" the 2nd. Food was overpriced but since it was Christmas our options were limited. Bar was closed Christmas Eve. Seriously - a HOTEL BAR, closed. Luckily the Scotch Corner down the street was open and had plenty of top shelf to choose from. This hotel is OK - nothing great but nothing awful. The exec floor isn't worth the extra money. I can't say I'd recommend it though- I'd probably try the Hilton next time.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2011

Dear Sailorgirlmn,
I appreciate you taking a moment to provide us with feedback based on your recent stay here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. We value all our guest’s comments as they allow us to make changes and adjustment to our service style so that we may continue to provide the high quality service that our guests have come to expect from our Hotel. I wanted to let you know we are about to begin an extensive renovation of our restaurant, bar and public areas with many updates that will give us a more modern look while still keeping a touch of history that our castle-like structure is known for. The private Signature Club Lounge is for guests who have booked Signature Club rooms and servers drinks and appetizers on a nightly basis. It’s perfect for the weary business traveler after a long day. I'm sorry you felt it wasn't up to standard for your family.
The holiday season is one of the busiest times of the year for our restaurant staff and we stock our buffest with seasonal favorites, lots of seafood options, desserts a plenty and even a chocolate fountain! There is a slight cost increase but we have many guests come year after year to celebrate the season with their families!
Once again, I appreciate your comments and we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back here to the Delta London Armouries hotel in the future!

Reviewed 29 December 2010

This beautiful hotel is staffed by the most thoughtful and helpful staff ever! Superior client service!!
The Hotel was spotless. My room was spotless, comfortable and spacious. Amazing!! Great amenities!
A++++++++++
Recommend for sure!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank ChomamaCourtice
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2010

Dear ChomamaCourtice,
Thank you for a taking a moment during this busy holiday season to provide us with a review based on your most recent stay here at the Delta London Armouries Hotel. I'm delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how well our staff treated you! It's our goal to exceed each and every one of our guest's expectations and we can't wait to welcome you and your family back for another memorable stay!
Kindest Regards!

Reviewed 12 December 2010

The hotel was fabulous. EVERYONE was helpful from the people at the front desk -- which changed and they were all helpful to the Valet men. The rooms were warm. well decorated, bathroom was roomy and stocked well, there is nothing that I didnt love

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank HagersvilleShrink
luvsdelta, Guest Relations Manager at Delta Hotels London Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2010

Dear HagersvilleShrink,
I would like to thank you for taking a moment to provide our hotel with such a glowing review after your most recent stay. The experience you described is what we aim to provide all our guests no matter what brings them to stay with us. Our staff members are here to make sure you have everything you need to truly enjoy yourself. I look forward to welcoming you back here to the Delta London Armouries hotel in the neat future!