“wrong charges”

Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in London
st.johns,nl
“wrong charges”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My credit card was charged for a nite stay that didnt happen.Reservation was made and cancelled within 10 minutes but the hotel put charge through anyways.when called the hotel refused to refund and management refused to return calls.I have researched on the internet and it is a common problem.Will not booked with the chain again and will tell all contacts the same

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jackiewhi
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
jackiewhi,
I would lke to start by thanking you for taking the time to write up a reveiw about our hotel. It is through first hand experiences that we can make our hotel better.
I am not familiar with the exact incident in which you are talking about but it does sound like you booked an advance deposit reservation which is 100%non refundable. all other reservations money is not taken until check out.
If you would like to talk about this further and perhaps give me more information so that i can look into this i can be reached at 519-661-0233

Sara Donkervoort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I am unable to avail of their facilities as they decided to cancel a reservation made In december 2011 for a stay in mid march 1013 without advising me of this. I called to offer my card for a late arrival and was shocked to find that they had bumped me.
This treatment is unacceptable and their offer of an alternate room in a traditional 'roach motel' was unacceptable too.
I am forced to stay in a location much further from my event as well as at a higher price.
Thank you Holiday Inn Express for giving me one on the jaw.....

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Emdee1
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Emdee1,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with the hotel.
I am a little taken back that you were able to make a reservation in December of 2011 as our system was not open to book for March 2013 until March 2012 as there is a 364 day limit for reservations.
I understand your frustration with having to locate other accommodations and am happy to hear that you have.
If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me at 519-661-0233

Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2013

WE stayed here for 2 nights at a weekend. Hotel is pretty basic, rooms were clean and comfortable. No complaints. Free breakfast in the morning is OK. Busy and no seats and very little food left when we got down at 9.30. Wasn't expecting much for a free breakfast though. Hotel is central and close to some nice restaurants.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators/ice machine as these are quite noisy all through the night.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Irish86_12,
Thank you for taking the timeto write up a reveiew abuot your recent stay with us.
I would like to apologize for the lack of food that wa in the Breakfast Bar at 9:30 on a weekend. The breakfast area is open until 10am and should be fully stocked until that time. This is definitely something I will be bringing up with the departmental Manager.
Overall i am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that if you are ever in the London area you will stay with us again.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I found myself in London for (another) hockey tournament! The team stayed in this hotel as did several other teams in the tournament. It is quite new, so everything was impeccably clean and beds comfortable. The rooms are a touch on the small side, but not a big deal as we were not in the room for long periods of time. Nice to have a fridge and coffee maker in the room. Breakfast served each morning although we did not take advantage of that. Staff was quite accommodating and friendly and although there were several young hockey players staying at the time there was no disruption or noise in the halls - different than many tournaments we've been to before so not sure if that was a function of the building construction or coincidence. Parking underground is rather "tight" so I'd recommend parking upstairs (outside) if you have a large vehicle. Close to restaurants, etc. downtown London...just down from the Armories. No swimming pool / hot tub (which did not matter to us during our stay).

Room Tip: Away from the elevators if possible to avoid the "ping" each time the elevator arrives on...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Mia-H68,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a reveiw about your recent stay with us.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and it is fantastic to know that there was no disturbances from the teams.
I hope that if you are ever in the London area again we are your choice for accommodations.

Canfield Ontario
Reviewed 26 January 2013

My hubby and I went to London for his company party, they put us up in the Holiday Inn Downtown. The rooms are clean, have a fridge and coffee maker. The location was excellent, close to the Western Fair Grounds where the horse racing and slots are. Lots of parking, there are some underground spots, but we chose to park out back for very easy access to the door. We really enjoyed the hot continental free breakfast, plenty of food, lots of variety. We found the location very accessible to all the major attractions. While your there check out Palasads, it has it all. Check my review out, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank brenda c
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
623brenda,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay at our hotel.
It is always nice to read positive comments from people.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of some of the things London has to offer.
We look forward to being able to accommodate you again in the future.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Here for a hockey tournament. The location of this hotel is a little scary. It is right downtown and I never realized how bad downtown London is. People from London were like "you're staying where?", so it's a pretty bad neighbourhood, but close to the London Fair rink. The hotel was nice. Front desk staff was friendly and we were provided with a hospitality (meeting)room to cook meals for the team. Housekeeping even cleaned this room for us - there were fresh tablecloths put on each day. The hotel rooms were pretty small, but nice, comfy and very clean. Breakfast was good and was constantly being restocked. Parking is not the best, but you can park underneath which was nice because it was raining. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
momof3hockeyboys,
Thank you for writing a TripAdvisor review up about your recent stay with our hotel.
I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel and would also return.
We look forward to being able to accommodate you again.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed here for 1 month and the experience was fantastic, highly recommended.

There is a kitchen for you to cook and the breakfast is free with hot pancakes served every morning! Covered parking is also free.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Vasudevan M,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown.
It is nice that you choose our hotel for your extended stay and I am glad that you enjoyed your time here.
Next time you are in the area I hope that we are lucky enough to accommodate you again.
Thanks again