“Clean, quiet & comfortable!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Clean, quiet & comfortable!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed here last weekend for one night. Fast check inn and close accessible parking.
Rooms are small, but well appointed and clean. Good stay. Will be back. Wifi in the rooms
was fast and trouble free. Enjoyed our dinner at the Morrissey House across the street.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
mjk51,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, that everything was trouble free and you had a chance to try one of the surrounding restaurants.
We look forward to you staying with us again.
Thanks again,
Sara Donkervoort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2013

The hotel is older but not looking bad. Clean hotel, clean room. Breakfast buffet was small and limited.

What worried us was when the fire alarm was pulled at 2:30 am but some jerk.

We woke to the alarms going off and immediately headed for the nearest stairway exit. We pushed on the stairwell door but it would not open! There seem to be a fierce noise (wind?) or something in the stairwell that was keeping the door closed! Suspecting that the there could be a fire affecting this stairwell we did not try any harder to open the door (not knowing at the time it was a false alarm). We went to the stairs at the other end of the hall and were able to exit.

After the fire department determined it was a false alarm (they seem to know on their arrival as they were not running into the building but just walking) they were about to leave when the alarm went off again!

In our rush to exit we had left our key-card in the room so we had to stop at the front desk to get another one. The night manager (security guard?) was able to get us one but seem to be quite understandably frazzled as he seem to be the only employee in the building.

In the morning we mentioned the stuck door to the front desk and they said other people had "mentioned that too. The doors are a bit sticky". I reiterated that we had pushed hard on the door and that they seriously need to look into what went on (what was the noise/wind(?) in the stairwell?)

So our take-away from this? Always know 2 exit routes and maybe test the doors while you are there? And don't take the lead from the people standing around in the hall... if the fire alarm is going off - get out!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Gord J,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review about your recent experience with us.
Thank you also, for the understanding about the fire alarm and how it was definitely out of our control.
Thank you for bringing to our attention the noise around the 1 emergency exit and how the door would not open. I am going to go ahead and say you are correct when you said you thought it was wind as we have had that issue once before and it was fixed. I will bring it to the attention of our Fire Safety company so that it will not be an ongoing issue as this would definitely affect peoples safety.
I am glad that overall you had enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel and hope that next time you are in London you will stay with us again.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed here overnight for a short business trip. The price is reasonable. The staff was friendly, helpful, and efficient. Had already booked the room online and there were no hiccups when I checked in. Gave me my room keys and wi-fi password in a nice little folder. Gave me the option to check out late free of charge. Room was clean, air-conditioning was working, and no problems with cable TV, phone, lights, shower, etc. This was my first self-directed stay in a hotel and I had no idea where to go. I needed a location close to downtown and yet not in the slummier part of Dundas. Others have said it's in a sketchy neighbourhood, but that's not quite accurate. This area is clean. I didn't have the breakfast as I brought my own stuff, but I've heard good things about it. The bar fridge was clean and had enough room for my drinks and some sandwiches, etc. I was able to hook up my Playbook to the HDTV quite easily but if you are not technically inclined, I would not advise it. The wi-fi worked ok but I didn't use it much. The shower was great! Terrific pressure, the right temperature, and lots of towels. I even liked the complimentary body lotion, soap, shampoo and conditioner they provided. When you give your reviews, people, bear in mind all the little details that the staff put in to making your stay as pleasant as possible. The bed was comfortable, and a variety of pillows of differing firmness was provided. There were enough blankets. Outside road noise was very quiet but it was a Monday night so that might be different on the weekend. All in all, I highly recommend staying at this Holiday Inn Executive Suites location and I will stay there again the next time I visit London, Ontario.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Wayne L,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review, and such a wonderful review at that, about your recent stay at the hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that we had all the features you needed to make your stay a success.
Hopefully next time you are in London you can stay with us again and give our hot "Express Start" breakfast a try.
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown your for accommodation needs and we hope to have you stay with us again.
Kitchener
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here for business. Great rate for a Holiday Inn Express. In a really sketchy neighbourhood though! Cops and low life everywhere...didn't feel very comfortable. Rooms up to Holiday Inn Express standards...Breakfast was great in the morning! Overall would stay here again because of its location thats it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
willhasse19,
Thank you for writing up a review about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown.
I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and it is good to know that you took advantage of the Complimentary Express Start Breakfast.
I am sorry that you thought the area was "Sketchy" but a assure you that there is nothing to be worried about.
I am glad that you would stay with us again and i hope that you do.
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Stayed for a couple of days for a festival. The hotel is downtown and within walking distance from the train station (in the summer). The room although small was very clean and had a fridge and microwave. The bed was quite comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast and WIFI. All and all a very good stay - would return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Yoemmie,
Thank you for taking the time write up a review about your recent stay with us.
I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and hope you had a fantastic time at the festival you attended. London has many wonderful festivals each summer so it is nice you were able to come and enjoy one of them.
I hope you will stay with us again when you return to London again.
Thank you again for your kind words.
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were in town to take in the Rock the Park cancer fundraiser and were looking for a centrally located hotel in walking distance of the venue. Since we are reward club members with the chain, it was nice to find it close to the venue. Very clean and updated building. My husband was thoroughly impressed with the front desk staff, who were very accommodating. He inquired about 2 specific items and was very satisfied with the end result. Breakfast was very good as usual for this chain.
A gentle word to fellow guests: Please, be mindful of your fellow travelers and don't stand in the hallways, talking loudly after 11 pm. The walls and doors are not sound proof and you can be heard quit clearly. You wouldn't want that happening to you, if you were trying to sleep, or were already asleep.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
heartgifts,
Thank you for taking time to write up a review about your recent stay with us.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is always wonderful to hear positive things about the hotel and staff working. I will be passing your kind words along to the staff so that they can see the wonderful job they are doing and hopefully this will motivate them to continue.
Sorry about the noise in the hallways but I am happy your had a good time anyhow.
Hopefully next time you return to London we will be your accommodations of choice.
Thanks again

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I've stayed in various Holiday Inn Express Hotels and I must say I always like them. The great thing about them is that you know what you're getting. The lobbies are similar, the rooms are the same, the beds and the pillows are great and the breakfast is a great added benefit.

So I was happy to get all that I expected when I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in London this week. The staff were lovely. The hotel was clean. The room was fine. Nice that these ones had a microwave also along with a fridge. Also liked the fridge was turned off and not just running when no one was staying in the room. Nice saving on energy.

I love the fact that you get free wifi which is very important when traveling for business or pleasure.

The breakfast was exactly what I needed and not that different than what I would have at home. Cereal, yogurt, juice, toast and fruit. Plus there was eggs and bacon and muffins etc. Great benefit.

Plus, a great location close to the train station and a short walk to the action of downtown.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
AM2_Toronto,
Thank you for taking time to write up a review about your recent stay with us, and such a nice one at that. It is always great to hear such positive things about our hotel and staff.
I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and I hope that we will be your accommodations of choice if you are to ever return to London, Ontario.
Thank you again for the wonderful review and I will be passing the good job along to all of the staff at the hotel.