“Comfortable One Night Stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed for one night while in the area for a concert, and we found the room to be very clean and comfortable. The beds and pillows are awesome!!! The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful - I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.
It's also in a great location, about a 10 minute walk to Budweiser Gardens and there are quite a few restaurants within walking distance.
The only other thing I would add is if you are particular about your view, I would suggest that you request an even numbered room which I believe face the street (although that also may be a little noisier). We had an odd numbered room and had a view of the parking lot and people's back
yards.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank goinonholidays
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

goinonholidays,
Thank you for the fantastic review about your recent stay with us while you were in London Ontario.
I am glad that you found the hotel convenient for what you were looking for and that the staff were able to help when needed.
We look forward to welcoming your friends and family to the hotel and having you stay with us again next time you visit the city.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

After having a horrible experience at a nearby hotel chain I was "saved" by Holiday Inn.
The staff was extremely welcoming and professional. The hotel was very clean, our room was large and comfortable and the breakfast was fresh and hot. The downtown location was great for us to experience local places by foot and drive quickly to other locations of interest.
I have stayed at numerous hotels in this city and this location is now my first choice!

• Stayed: March 2014
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

moparvenus,
It is always fantastic to come into work and read such wonderful things about the hotel and staff.
Thank you for sharing your experience from staying at our hotel and we are glad that we could be there in your time of need. We are so happy that we were able to turn your experience in London around to a positive one.
We look forward to having you stay with us again and I am extremely happy we are your first choice.

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Place is a dump. Rooms are smaller then my on suite. They have one common area in the lobby that's 12X14. They have a breakfast room which is about the only area a group could sit in and in their wisdom or greed decided to rent it. This makes no sense to me!!!!

This has to be the most poorly managed Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in. A disgrace to the chain.

This place is not good for groups. If you are part of a large group go elsewhere. Nothing to do here. No where to meet and socialize with friends in this facilities.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Jdp60,
Thank you for reviewing your experience at our property.
As we are a Holiday Inn Express, we are a limited service property that offers the basic travel needs of comfort for our guests. We understand that you were part of one of the five teams that stayed with us at our property that weekend and we do try our level best to accommodate each guests needs. All teams are offered to reserve one of our two isolated private areas (meeting room and morning breakfast area) prior to arrival to the hotel, this is on a first come first serve basis. That weekend both rooms were booked by other teams prior to arrival but because of our downtown location, there are several restaurants and public areas nearby which can also accommodate larger groups to socialize.
We do regret that you felt your experience with us did not meet your expectations.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before. The hotel is nice, clean and comfortable. The rooms have nice furnishings, etc. The staff are very friendly at check in and out. The front doors are a little awkward but other than that I didn't find any downside to the hotel. On the other hand I also didn't feel there there were any "wow" moments. The breakfast included was good. Has a good selection and offers an egg product as well as pancakes. Over all this was a no hassle stay so no downside but also nothing really exciting about it. An average hotel at a good price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank G Chris B

G Chris B,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodation needs while you were in London.
We are glad to hear that our hotel consistently meets your needs and expectations.
In regards to the "Wow" effect, we are working towards exceeding our guest expectations. Just one example on how we are trying to achieve this is through installing premium HD Channels in all our rooms making us the first IHG hotel in London to offer this feature and this is the first of many new features to come.
Thank you again for writing a review and we do hope that you will stay with us next time to experience our new "wow" experiences.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was in town because my Husband was having a serious operation in london and my son picked a hotel from his cell phone and he talked to a young man on the phone and booked two rooms for himself and for me. when we arrived there he said he got us adjoining rooms and a special price do to our cercumstances.. When we got to the rooms they were beautiful and spotless and even had bathrobes on the bed..And next morning we had a wonderful breakfast in their dining room all included in the price.Everything and one could want from bacon scrambled eggs, cinnimon rolls fruit etc too many other items to mention. My son with his work travells a lot and he uses hilton but he said from now on because of the desk clerk and the picture perfect accomodations he is changing his choice. Our Hats off to all..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank maryhenneberrybraide
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

maryhenneberrybraide,
Thank you for writing such a fantastic review about our hotel.
We are thrilled we were able to go above your expectations and make your stay in London a little bit easier.
I will definitely be passing your kind words about the hotel and the staff on the the Guest Services Manager for her to post up for the staff to see.
Hopefully your next trip to London will be for a less stressful reason and we hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed here on business for one night. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The entire hotel seems to be in need of updating and there was a musty smell in the corridors. I was in a one-bedroom room - the bedroom did not have a window. The couch was not very comfortable. The bathroom was small. Parking cost extra. Overall, the price for this stay was very low. Since I did not need to be downtown, I will try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

J N,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay at the hotel.
We have been located in the heart of downtown for many years and are always updating our property but we are happy to hear our staff was able to assist you during your stay. Unfortunately, because of our downtown location, parking charges are supplementary to our room rates.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again at the hotel.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Had a brief 3 night stay. Great central location and staff were good too. The Friday night (last of 3) had the hockey teams arrive. When at 5:30pm I called to complain of whole teams running down the hallway they said someone was already on their way up as they saw it on the security camera. Only reason I complained at that time of day is because my daughter was not feeling well and trying to have a nap. Beds were super comfy. Complimentary breakfast had great variety.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Cynthia P,
Thank you for the great review.
Sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us and the front desk were able to put an end to an issue before it became a problem.
I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary Express Start Breakfast, the buttermilk pancakes are my personal favourite.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.