“Great place away from home!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in London
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great place away from home!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay here, it was relaxing and very nice, besides my neighbours who were part of a sports team & were very loud. The breakfast was delicious with many great options. Enjoyed the Gym facility! I will definitely be staying here when I'm in London or will start considering the Holiday Inn as one of my #1 options when staying in a hotel!

Room Tip: Ensure that it's not booked beside a block of reserved rooms...especially when it's a sports...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Christine C,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay.
It is nice to know that you had a chance to experience the hotel while you were here, from the selection at breakfast to the fitness centre.
Next time you are with us please do not hesitate to call down to the front desk should there be noisy neighbours. We will have someone come up right away to take care of the issue.
We are excited that you have made us your home away from home and in and will now choose Holiday Inn as your “Go To” brand while traveling.
Sara Donkervoort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed one night (July 6th, 2014) for a concert at Budweiser Gardens. The hotel is a 15 min walk down Dundas Street to the venue, with parking on-site.

I often stay at HIE while traveling on business in the US so I'm quite familiar with what you get. For a place to lay your head and fill your belly the next morning it is just right.

Check-in was very pleasant and efficient - very friendly staff!

Our room (812) was very clean, the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The bar fridge was just the right size and perfect for what we required.

My only complaint would be the air conditioner fan, it was extremely loud in our room. I've stayed in this hotel before and didn't notice the fan, so I'm not sure if this was an isolated incident.

There was more than enough food to choose from at the complimentary continental breakfast. The lady who was working was extremely friendly (can't remember her name but she had an American accent - from Florida we learned later).

Check-out was as efficient as check-in and a quick short walk to the underground parking to retrieve my car.

Pleasant experience and as the title states we would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Darren M,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience while staying with us in London, Ontario.
Our central location is always an advantage to our guests with several restaurants and tourist attractions in the vicinity.
We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and we have already notified our maintenance team and they rectified the situation in that room immediately.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and have made us your home away from home while you are in the city. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
South Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here for a week after travelling from the UK for my brother's wedding. The staff were always polite and helpful, everywhere was very clean and the cinnamon rolls at breakfast were to die for! The decor was quite dark in our room so looked a little dated but the beds and pillows were lovely and comfortable and it was clean and tidy. We were surprised there was no bar at the hotel as we are used to this in the UK but it wasn't really an issue. We are hoping to come back to Canada and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Taffy4220,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us.
Unfortunately, Holiday Inn Express Hotels in Canada do not usually have a bar in the actual hotel but being centrally located downtown, there are plenty to choose from.
We are glad that you enjoyed what the hotel did have to offer and look forward to your return to Canada and London Ontario, we would love to welcome you back.
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed for one night, in town for convocation. Service in the morning was pleasant, night staff was a little less welcoming. The housekeeping in our room was not up to much, there was hair in the sink and everything in the room was covered in a coat of dust. The fan that was running in the room was quite loud, but we needed it on because otherwise it was unbearably hot. The ironing board cover was ancient and all wrinkly and it was impossible to iron something without getting huge creases in it - took three times as long as it should have to get the job done. We had forgotten a toothbrush and they were nice enough to provide one - but it was the cheapest toothbrush I've ever seen, the plastic was so thin it bent when in your mouth and the bristles reminded me of a toilet brush. I think if you're going to offer something complimentary it shouldn't be the cheapest thing possible - Holiday Inn could probably get a toothbrush company that would be happy to sample this way.
Was pleasantly surprised at the breakfast, very substantial and the coffee was good.

Room Tip: I would check the room next time to make sure it's been cleaned properly before settling in.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen B
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Karen B,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel with us.
Without reviews, good and bad, we would never know how to improve.
I apologize for the issues that you had during your stay with us and I assure you I have already spoken with the housekeeping department about this matter.
Thank you for the suggestion about having a toothbrush company, I will send it onto the corporate office to see if they can work with it.
Flagstaff, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We found this hotel by driving down the main street very late at night. I had forgotten that my cell phone didn't have service in Canada, so we couldn't look anything up online. We were very happy with what we found! Our check-in person was very cheerful and helpful, our room was huge and very clean. The breakfast the next morning was standard but good. I liked that they recycle styrofoam at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank asb5
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
asb5,
We are happy to hear that we were in the right place at the right time. :)
We try our very best to deliver exceptional service and ensure our guests are welcomed and comfortable and after reading your review, we are glad that we were able to meet your expectations.
Thank you for the great review, we look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in London, Ontario.
Chatham, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Not a bad hotel, friendly greeting, clean quiet room. I unfortunately had to leave too early to have the continental breakfast so I can not comment on it.

The thing they could improve upon is to have secured parking, as this hotel is on a main street with lots of foot traffic in front and around the hotel.

Regardless, if you are looking for a clean, standard hotel close to downtown London, I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Theunderboss
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Theunderboss,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with others.
I will be passing on your kind words for the staff to see so that they will continue to extend the same service they gave to you, to every guest and also your suggestions for parking to the management team.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I am a platinum member, and have stayed in many Holiday Inns in US and Canada. This hotel was really well managed, very clean, people were very professional and pleased to talk to. Check in was quick, underground parking was well lit and very clean, parking spaces were wide. Breakfast was good, same as any other Holiday Inn express, but was kept at the right temperature. I was not able to find any blemishes. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: My room was very good, very quite.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank An Apple A
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
An Apple A,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel and your continued loyalty to the IHG brand.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything up to your expectations. Consistency within the brand is very important to us and as an experienced traveler it is nice to know we are about to deliver what you have come to expect from a Holiday Inn Express.
We look forward to welcoming you back time and time again.