“Excellent =)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in London
London, ON
“Excellent =)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2009

I'm a student at UWO and needed a place to stay for a night while I was working in the city and waiting for my new apartment to be refurbished.

After checking out a few less than welcoming discount hotels, I gave up and checked into the next hotel I came upon, which happened to be the Holiday Inn Express.

For only about 20 dollars more than I would have payed at some of the other places I look at - what a difference! My room was modern, spotless, and more than I was expecting! The huge bed and flat screen TV made me forget I wasn't staying at a "high end" hotel.

For a reasonably priced stay that is close to the university and downtown, in a quality room, I'd reccommend this spot to anyone.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Campbel1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this review, 26 May 2009
Thanks for taking the time to share your review of our great hotel and good luck in your new apartment!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2009

Great Hotel very good for business. Not a cultural hotel but clean, great beds, good internet ... Location just on the side of downtown. One of the Best Holiday Inn's I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2009

Rooms are clean and comfortable...Staff is generally friendly.
I have been staying there for a while now. To get the best rate just mention that your coming to london for a hospital trip(St. Joe's, UWO, etc) and you'll get the $99/night with free parking.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2009

If you're looking for a nice, clean and well furnished hotel room in downtown London On then this is the place. The Bathroom is sparkless, the towels smell good, the bed is very comfy and the flat screen tv makes you feel like home. However, front desk employes need to improve the way the adress customers : i feel more welcomed into a fast food restaurant than i did on my arrival there.

• Liked — Comfort of the room
  • Disliked — Front desk employes were a bit snobbish
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SW Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2009

I booked our stay for New Year's Eve here and am so glad I did. The hotel was bright and clean and our room was immaculate. The bathroom offered toiletries and lots of clean fluffy towels. The bed was comfortable and we had a flat screen tv. The hotel is completely non-smoking and our room did not smell like smoke at all. The underground parking was great too.

The staff were friendly and efficient. We had a small charge added to our room for parking when I had been told that it was included in the rate I booked. I brought this to the attention of the front desk staff at check out and it was promptly removed from our bill.

The free breakfast was great. Bacon, eggs, biscuits, hot cinnamon buns, bagels, toast, english muffins, cereals, muffins, several types of fruit, yogurt, milk, juice, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate! There were at least 2 staff members constantly refilling items and cleaning up.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel!

• Liked — Value of the hotel for the price
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2008

I had to book a room at the last minute for a week long stay and the HI Express offered the best rates and a free breakfast.

Parking was very cheap considering it was a safe, underground location.

Breakfast was dependable. On day one the serve eggs and bacon and on day two they serve omelets and sausage. It's a bit greasy but in addition there is a whole selection of breads, cereals, fruits, yogurts, coffee, tea, juice, etc.

The rooms were very comfortable, the beds soft and the shower agreeable. The hotel was always quite clean, even after it was clear that a hockey team had been frolicking around the hotel all night.

The front desk was always helpful, even when we kept changing the length of our stay.

I would recommend this hotel to business travellers or families.

• Liked — the dependability
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Calgary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2008

I just retuned from a stay at this hotel. First of all, I was not provided with the long term rate of $99 after repeatedly asking for this. Now I'm being told I should have asked for this rate when I made my reservation - I DID.

Upon returning home I received a letter that I had failed to show up for the first night of my stay and was being charged for the room. I did not make a reservation for that day. The mistake was made on their end. (this charge did eventually get reversed)

When I checked in and went to my room, there was already a person in this room - can you believe it!

I was given a new room that unfortunately suffered from a malfunctioning freezer which made loud noises. I was promised repairs and even another room - nothing happened. I requested to be contacted by a manager several times and this also never happened.

After placing several calls to find resolution for my problems I was treated disrepectful by staff was told that "they did not need my business". Instead of trying to rectify the situation, the staff was rude and argumentative. This is the worst example of customer service I have ever experienced and I will NEVER use this hotel again.

I have never left a review on a website before but felt compelled to do so this time because I am just so stunned at how badly we were treated. Do stay here!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The poor customer services and being over-charged for my room.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business