“Clean restful stay in heart of city”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 July 2009

We stopped in London Ontario on our way from Frankenmuth to the Niagara region. The hotel was clean and staff professional. The room was small but to be expected of a downtown hotel. We would stay again in a similar situation.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 May 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express during our trip to London and we were both very pleased with the hotel and the service. We booked our room through Travelocity (standard non-smoking room, queen bed) at about $100 a night. Frontdesk service was friendly and efficient, and we were charged $8 for on-site parking. Room key was a card that we also needed to swipe in the elevator to get to our floor.

The room was a decent size with clean, simple decor, and we had a view of the street infront of the hotel. Amenities included free high-speed internet, a fridge, a microwave, alarm clock with CD player and two telephones (one next to the bed and another one at the work station). The bed was comfortable and they provided both hard and soft pillows. The bathroom was spacious and spotless, and the shower was quite good as well. The only downside to the room was that we could hear other people in the hallway and other rooms, but that didn't bother us too much.

The location of the hotel was excellent as we were in close proximity to pubs, restaurants, convention centre, bus/rail station and shopping mall. There were also several bus stops nearby for exploring London. The hotel doesn't have an on-site restaurant but they did provide excellent continental breakfast (included in the room rate) in their breakfast room which was a buffet of toast, bacon, eggs, cinnamon rolls and cereal.

Overall, the hotel was comfortable and efficient as we used the room mostly for sleeping and resting. We really enjoyed our stay at this establishment and would definitely come back if we were to visit London again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Campbel1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2009

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you had such a great stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel during your next visit to London!

Reviewed 13 May 2009

I'm a student at UWO and needed a place to stay for a night while I was working in the city and waiting for my new apartment to be refurbished.

After checking out a few less than welcoming discount hotels, I gave up and checked into the next hotel I came upon, which happened to be the Holiday Inn Express.

For only about 20 dollars more than I would have payed at some of the other places I look at - what a difference! My room was modern, spotless, and more than I was expecting! The huge bed and flat screen TV made me forget I wasn't staying at a "high end" hotel.

For a reasonably priced stay that is close to the university and downtown, in a quality room, I'd reccommend this spot to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business

Thanks for taking the time to share your review of our great hotel and good luck in your new apartment!

Reviewed 26 April 2009

Great Hotel very good for business. Not a cultural hotel but clean, great beds, good internet ... Location just on the side of downtown. One of the Best Holiday Inn's I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2009

Rooms are clean and comfortable...Staff is generally friendly.
I have been staying there for a while now. To get the best rate just mention that your coming to london for a hospital trip(St. Joe's, UWO, etc) and you'll get the $99/night with free parking.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 January 2009

If you're looking for a nice, clean and well furnished hotel room in downtown London On then this is the place. The Bathroom is sparkless, the towels smell good, the bed is very comfy and the flat screen tv makes you feel like home. However, front desk employes need to improve the way the adress customers : i feel more welcomed into a fast food restaurant than i did on my arrival there.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 January 2009

I booked our stay for New Year's Eve here and am so glad I did. The hotel was bright and clean and our room was immaculate. The bathroom offered toiletries and lots of clean fluffy towels. The bed was comfortable and we had a flat screen tv. The hotel is completely non-smoking and our room did not smell like smoke at all. The underground parking was great too.

The staff were friendly and efficient. We had a small charge added to our room for parking when I had been told that it was included in the rate I booked. I brought this to the attention of the front desk staff at check out and it was promptly removed from our bill.

The free breakfast was great. Bacon, eggs, biscuits, hot cinnamon buns, bagels, toast, english muffins, cereals, muffins, several types of fruit, yogurt, milk, juice, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate! There were at least 2 staff members constantly refilling items and cleaning up.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple