“Good Value , Average Service”

London Executive Suites Hotel
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Stayed there for a week while on a business trip because during that time other hotels were full. I stayed in a suite rooms were big with living /dining area and a kitchen. I would say it was good value for money . Service were average, There were some issue with reservation though when I had to extend my stay, they blocked the amount on my card and that was not released for some time even after I settled the bill by cash. But I guess these are minor glitches. Overall its a value for money hotel with average service and amenities

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the building has good sunlight and view of the road to downtown
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SRM12345

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Be warned! This hotel is C-O-L-D in the winter! I stayed here for one night in January and I froze. The room was cool when i arrived (understandably) because the room was empty. I went to look for the heat button/thermostat and found NONE! I called down to the front desk to ask where their heat button was and they told me "it was controlled by the front desk". (thought this was odd!) They also told me that my heat had been "turned on". TWO HOURS LATER, I called down to the front desk and asked if my heat had "REALLY been turned on" and I was told that it had and was asked if i wanted a "space heater". I said YES!!. A small, heater was brought up and i put it in my bedroom to make sure at least my BEDROOM was warm for the night. I sat and froze in the living room for the rest of the night. I also invited some friends over and I apologized for the coolness of the room and they asked me if I had called down to the front desk because when they entered the hotel, they heard someone complaining that their room was cold. Front desk had asked if they wanted a "space heater and an extra blanket"! Wouldn't be writing this review if i spent $50 on the room, BUT the room was ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! Take my advice, DON'T stay here during the winter months!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are large and clean. Just don't stay during the WINTER months!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank june b
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Plans to stay with friends fell through at the last minute so I decided to risk staying here. The other reviews on this site scared me! After the first night, I decided to book for another week. The one bedroom suite was huge and very clean, with a well supplied kitchen. I even booked a studio for my daughter which was also a generous size with a balcony. No funny smells, pretty quiet except on Friday night when the neighbors were partying at 11 pm and stopped immediately after I mentioned it to Lindsay, the wonderful night clerk. Free underground parking was a fantastic bonus as it was snowing some days. The lot had lots of big SUVs and there was plenty of room to park. The location is fantastic, right downtown, surrounded by hotels that charge twice as much for the room and additional $ for outdoor parking. I used to stay at the Marriott around the corner, but never again now I've discovered this place!

Room Tip: It was only $6/night extra for a one bedroom instead of studio when rented by the week.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Peleeplaces
Reviewed 1 December 2012

This hotel has only one good thing, and that is the location. Overall, it is worn out, dirty, smelly, and dated. The entire hotel smelled so badly of the cleaning products they use. Our room was not clean, just smelled strongly of cleaner. There was a blade from a box cutter that was left on top of our fridge for some reason. We felt dirty just being in our room and did not even want to take our shoes off because the carpet was so gross. Do not be fooled by the name or the misleading pictures, do not stay here!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank H K
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Okay. I'll start with the pros. The room was pretty clean, big, and nicely furnished. The location of the hotel is ideal and the people at the front desk were pretty nice. However, these pros were heavily outweighed by the cons. Starting around midnight I had people banging on my door, slamming doors in other suites, and screaming. And I don't mean just talking loudly, I mean full on screaming. Girls screaming at the top of their lungs and men screaming profanities (sounded like some sort of fight). This lasted until around 5am. During this time the police came (not entirely sure why) and I only know that because the people in the room beside me were "warning" the rest of the screaming people in the hotel. As a 21 year old girl staying by herself, I was terrified. I would not reccomend this place to anyone, and if I ever hear of someone planning to stay here I will immediately inform them of my experience. While I do agree with the statement "you get what you pay for" I do not believe that my safety should be sacrificed because I spent a little less money than I would have if I stayed somewhere else. I've stayed at hotels that were cheap before and NEVER had an experience like this. After reading the other reviews on this hotel, it is clear that these sort of happenings are a regular occurrence at London "Executive" Suites. If you have kids or are staying alone, please, DON'T STAY HERE.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank BaileyPeart
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The first indication that we had made a poor choice was the state of the lobby, dated and dirty. When we walked into the room it stank of stale cigarette smoke, disgusting. I had booked a 2 bed-room online but got only 1 bed. My daughter and I were exhausted so we just put up with it for the night.The sheets were clean but the bed coverings, carpet and furniture were full of cigarette burns. Will not ever stay there again!

Room Tip: Stay away and read the reviews before booking anything, wish I had.....
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The name of this hotel is false advertising. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY IT. My husband and I booked it in Australia before travelling to Canada so didn't have to worry about finding somewhere on arrival. Sounded like good quality and the pictures look OK but the price should have rang alarm bells. Regretted paying before seeing the room. Moved room as the one we were originally allocated was disgusting - dirty, worn carpets, smelly, old decor/furniture/equipment. Regretted being moved to the other room as didn't sleep at all - loud 'parties' on ALL night; only wound up around 5.30am. The room reeked of cigarette smoke which was coming through the ventilation system from other rooms. Sounded like a place where people took prostitutes. We were located in a room down the end of the corridor so no way out except passed the rooms with 'parties'. Too scared to leave the room. Exhausted next day. Will NEVER EVER stay there again and warn others to avoid it. Should have cut our losses and just left after we saw first room.Would have been worth it in the end to stay somewhere else and have paid twice. Weird feel to the place. Dodgy. Awful reception staff. Don't waste your dollars here.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple