“We've been to many hotels across North America”

London Executive Suites Hotel
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in London
Mount Forest, Canada
“We've been to many hotels across North America”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We were attending a special night at the Aeolian Hall in London on January 25th and a very bad winter storm settled in; so we decided to stay in London overnight. We were worried about the negative comments; but we tried it anyway. We were pleasantly surprised with our "apartment" -- it was freshly cleaned, neat and tidy with up-to-date bathroom. The rest of the decor was a little dated, but it was downtown, inexpensive and the ladies at the front desk were super and helped us out with places to eat and calling a taxi. We'll definitely be back. Wendy

Room Tip: We did need an extra blanket at night; but we had one delivered very quickly when we requested one f...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SmittyWendy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
Ridgetown, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My kids 18 and 15 went to a London Knights game and decided to get a motel for the night as they might be too tired to come home that night. So, my daughter checks in and they drop their stuff off in the room and it is chilly. They are on the 6th floor. After the game they come back to their room and it is freezing cold. They looked for a thermostat and there wasn't one. So they go to the desk and they tell her there is no heat on that floor and gave her a little heater to plug in that did nothing. They froze all night. My kids called me at 11pm to tell me this and I FREAKED!!!! I called the front desk and they told me I had to pay more to switch to a warmer room!!!!! Anyway the next morning the day manager said that wasn't acceptable what they did to my kids and refunded the money that the kids had paid for the room.

Room Tip: Any floor but the 6th.... no heaters on that floor. You will get a microfurnace.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Simcoe, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We checked in at 720 pm, at midnight the overwhelming smell of marijuana made me wonder if it is being hidden in my room. Upon investigation I found the smell was coming from the cabinet in the bathroom under the sink. I grabbed my flashlight and looked and found that the walls were open and hollow allowing an up draft carry the smell into my room. When I looked further into the walls I found a needle stuffed into the corner as well as packets for an alcohol swab and caps for other needles. At 1210 am I went down to get the night manager Steven Molloy and showed him what I have found. He told me the manager would be in in the morning and to enjoy the rest of my night with out giving any effort to resolve the situation. At 1230 we checked out and the night manager Steven, refused to give us a refund at that time and told us to take it up with his manager in the morning.
The cops were notified and we will be speaking to Kelly in the morning.

I waited till 9 am when Steven told me that Kelly would be in. Magically she was unavailable that day. A report is going to be sent to the local London health unit as well.

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank R M
Ontario
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just got back from this really dirty hotel where i booked 2 nights and left after 1. Dishware was filthy as was everything else. We were on top floor our room was so hot i woke up several times and the air conditioner was on its lowest temp (i don't even have air at home and it wasnt this hot) The continental breakfast was in a shabby room with no cutlery and cereal was all they served with a community milk to share from a jug. Nasty is all i have to say i will never go back!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank CRBP1234
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We went to this hotel when we were going for a memorial service for our son... when we first got there I could sense that this could be a bad hotel.. when I saw garbage at the lobby entrance.... we checked in... and got our key to our room. Wow what a mess....the room was a mess it wasn't even done up! And what was in she bathroom don't even want to say... I was so upset we went back down and told them all they said was sorry.. and gave us a different room key.. which I revered took. That really did me in I couldn't take a chance again with a bad dirty room. The staff was ok but could use some more training.. I left and called around. For a new hotel likely the Hilton down the street had an opening.. please if you decide to stay at this hotel make sure it's clean.

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I brought my family of 5 here for two nights. It was a great set up with two bedrooms and a pull out couch. The rooms looked like they had been recently remodeled. No not luxury, but a nice place to stay for a couple of days. Quiet while we were here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janet C
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here a few months back while visiting some friends in London.
As a former Londoner, I knew this place was in an ideal spot, and that it had reasonable rates.
Both of those statements are true. It is right downtown and I we got our room for about 90 bucks, which is a steal.This review is based on a one night stay and to be honest we only came back to the room to sleep, so very little time was spent on the property.

Service was average, nothing wrong with it,nothing that stood out as being exceptional. he front desk person was the only employee we saw and he was just doing his job.

The value is very good. You will not find a better priced room downtown London for less. Especially if you simply need a place to fall asleep after a busy day.

Sleep quality was about what I expected and about what I get at home which is actually not ideal since I am a light sleeper. We could hear a couple doors through the night but that is only a minor quibble.

Cleanliness, well, our room was really clean but the hallways seemed a bit dingy and there was a strong musty smell masked by industrial lemon cleaner in a lot of places. Seemed kinda odd.

In terms of location, well you are within walking or stumbling distance from everything downtown so in that sense it is ideal.

Rooms are actually very big, and are true suites. The bedrooms have french doors opening into them and you have a full living room, bathroom and kitchen. Like a real living space. Too bad we only stayed night, because I could say a little more.

Overall I`d go back just to crash like we did on this occasion, but if you are looking for all sorts of amenities and service, I do not think you will find it here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple