“Stay away!”

Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Stay away!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

I wrote this after being woken up at 2 a.m. On a Wednesday by rowdy guests on my floor. Aside from telltale signs of poor maintenance these are the reasons I would never come back to this hotel.

They PHOTOCOPY my photo ID to keep for FIVE years - even when my stay was prepaid via a hotel reservation website, and they run my credit card for "incidentals" - there's no restaurant, no minibar - wonder what incidentals!

No adjustable heat. No air circulation. No way to make white noise except to turn on kitchen exhaust fan which is loud - but at least blocked the annoying whooping and hollering of ignorant guests at 2-3 am and I finally managed to get back to sleep some time after 4:38 a.m. The last time I looked at the clock.

The wall unit a/c plug is sealed inside an unfinished plywood box to prevent people from using it - an indication of the hotel class and their usual clientele?

Thin walls, loud plumbing - as in sounding like a train any time someone flushes or turns on a tap!

No counter space in bathroom; no hair dryer provided. Dime-sized BROWN stain on bath towel!! SO Gross

Underground parking usually creeps me out. No exception here!

Complimentary continental breakfast "buffet" was a grand total of 2 toaster waffles, 1 bowl raisin bran, 2 slices bread, ALL wrapped in plastic film; big dispenser of water!!! Needless to say I didn't eat there, and was very happy to check out and never look back!

After I checked out and was heading to the garage, front desk clerk told me to press the "up" button for the basement because the "down" button doesn't work.

Lesson learned - Beware of other deals of the day on expedia.ca!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank elycee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
London, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I am a frequent flyer at London Executive Suites. The close to downtown location makes it a very convenient place to stay. The rooms are very large, furnished with comfortable beds, and lots of pillows are provided. The furniture may be a little out of date, but clean and comfy. The rooms themselves are always clean and tidy when I check in, and if I need anything extra, the lovely ladies at the front desk and the housekeepers are always quick to provide what I ask for. The staff is super friendly, and always have a smile or a joke to share. The prices are very reasonable, and I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for a good deal on a great room.

• Stayed December 2013
6 Thank ClaireL456
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently for one night. The room appeared neat and clean except for the strong smell of smoke, which filled the room and hallways. When I woke up in the morning, I noticed some bites on my forearms. When I got back to Vancouver later that day, I noticed more bites on my neck as well. I went to my GP who confirmed that they were bed bug bites, which I've never gotten before. In retrospect, I did notice a small, flat, brown insect in my hotel room the night I checked in, but thought nothing of it at the time. I believe that my hotel room was infested with bed bugs. I left a message with the manager and sent her an e-mail soon after my stay to explain my situation, but have not yet received a response.

Although the hotel is cheap, I would highly recommend not staying at London Executive Suites if you want to avoid getting bed bugs. I have wasted a lot of time and energy washing all my clothes and cleaning out my room at home to make sure that any bugs I may have brought back with me are dealt with.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jonathan Y

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Mount Forest, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We were attending a special night at the Aeolian Hall in London on January 25th and a very bad winter storm settled in; so we decided to stay in London overnight. We were worried about the negative comments; but we tried it anyway. We were pleasantly surprised with our "apartment" -- it was freshly cleaned, neat and tidy with up-to-date bathroom. The rest of the decor was a little dated, but it was downtown, inexpensive and the ladies at the front desk were super and helped us out with places to eat and calling a taxi. We'll definitely be back. Wendy

Room Tip: We did need an extra blanket at night; but we had one delivered very quickly when we requested one f...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SmittyWendy S
Ridgetown, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My kids 18 and 15 went to a London Knights game and decided to get a motel for the night as they might be too tired to come home that night. So, my daughter checks in and they drop their stuff off in the room and it is chilly. They are on the 6th floor. After the game they come back to their room and it is freezing cold. They looked for a thermostat and there wasn't one. So they go to the desk and they tell her there is no heat on that floor and gave her a little heater to plug in that did nothing. They froze all night. My kids called me at 11pm to tell me this and I FREAKED!!!! I called the front desk and they told me I had to pay more to switch to a warmer room!!!!! Anyway the next morning the day manager said that wasn't acceptable what they did to my kids and refunded the money that the kids had paid for the room.

Room Tip: Any floor but the 6th.... no heaters on that floor. You will get a microfurnace.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Simcoe, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We checked in at 720 pm, at midnight the overwhelming smell of marijuana made me wonder if it is being hidden in my room. Upon investigation I found the smell was coming from the cabinet in the bathroom under the sink. I grabbed my flashlight and looked and found that the walls were open and hollow allowing an up draft carry the smell into my room. When I looked further into the walls I found a needle stuffed into the corner as well as packets for an alcohol swab and caps for other needles. At 1210 am I went down to get the night manager Steven Molloy and showed him what I have found. He told me the manager would be in in the morning and to enjoy the rest of my night with out giving any effort to resolve the situation. At 1230 we checked out and the night manager Steven, refused to give us a refund at that time and told us to take it up with his manager in the morning.
The cops were notified and we will be speaking to Kelly in the morning.

I waited till 9 am when Steven told me that Kelly would be in. Magically she was unavailable that day. A report is going to be sent to the local London health unit as well.

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank R M
Ontario
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Just got back from this really dirty hotel where i booked 2 nights and left after 1. Dishware was filthy as was everything else. We were on top floor our room was so hot i woke up several times and the air conditioner was on its lowest temp (i don't even have air at home and it wasnt this hot) The continental breakfast was in a shabby room with no cutlery and cereal was all they served with a community milk to share from a jug. Nasty is all i have to say i will never go back!!

• Stayed August 2013