“Great hotel, Even better staff.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Ontario
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in London
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel, Even better staff.”
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I was in London, Ontario for a business meeting on the weekend and decided to stay at the hilton. The location was perfect right next to the convention centre and a 2 minute walk to the downtown core of restaurants and bars. The hotel was very busy but the staff were efficient and pleasant. Would definitely recommend this hotel for other travellers perfect for business and leisure.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Hilton-London-Ont, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Ontario, responded to this review, 24 October 2010
Dear BStern12345
Thank you for sharing your perfect experience at the Hilton. Our downtown location in the heart of the city does give us a competitive advantage. Close to shopping and many local attractions. The covered walkway provided year round direct access to the Conference center.
I will share your comments about our staff, as they truly are our biggest assets. Sincerely Gino Zambito - Rooms Division Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 17 September 2010

The rooms were amazing with an incredible view. My room was pretty loud and the hotel staff was very generous with the warnings and such. Overall an amazing experience.

Dear 1walterg8
We were glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton. I do agree that the view of the forest city is spectacular from the Hilton vantage. Sincerely Gino Zambito - Rooms Division Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 September 2010

This hotel was perfect. I have stayed at other hotels that charged so much more for the same luxury that this Hilton provided. The room was spacious, clean and the beds and bedding were pure luxury. As a bonus this hotel is pet friendly! Even our little dog was provided a luxury dog bed!
Great job Hilton!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Its wonderful to hear you and your dog had a great stay! The Hilton London is pet friendly and we do have special amenities for pets. From pet beds to dogie treats. I am glad to hear that you and your dog were able to enjoy the comforts of The Hilton and able to get a great nights sleep. Sincerely Gino Zambito - Rooms Division Manager - Hilton London
Grimsby
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I travel once a week to London and stay for 2 - 3 days at a time. The Hilton London became a home away from home for me. The staff always welcomed me back and greeted me by name. The rooms were comforable - especially the beds - and the room set up worked well as an office. The location is convenient for downtown meetings and good food is nearby. I had a great experience with this hotel and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank JenK02
Dear JenK02 - We are delighted to hear you have been experiencing excellent service with all your visits. We thank you for your continued loyalty and hope to see you back soon. We have one of London's best kept secrets located on the 2nd floor of the Hilton. The London Grill offers some of the best food and service you will find in London. JJ Keys Lounge is also on the 2nd floor and I would suggest trying our award winning Conrad Burger. We also do provide 24 hour room service for those nights you may be arriving late. Once again Thank you!
Gino Zambito Rooms Division Manager - Hilton London
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We were in London for a soccer tournament booked in on a group rate - pretty good at $129/night. Doorman and front desk staff super friendly, helpful and welcoming. The check in person asked if we were new to town and provided maps and guides without us asking. Complimentary wifi and parking- all good.
On a super busy weekend (hotel 100% full) the staff were personable and helpful- cudos to the Pool security guy who handled the crowds of kids with good humour and professionalism.

As mentioned by others, the rooms are somewhat dated. The bathroom has no fan, the countertops are the perfect height for a small child rather than an adult and I had expected a flatscreen tv at a Hilton.
The worst thing was the bed. They didn't even seem to be full doubles and none of slept well.

Staff definately the best aspect of this hotel.

Dear rbarter
Thank you for your sharing with us your great experience regarding your stay and our staff. I will share your comments with them. We do have a number of choices for accommodations with include rooms with King size or Double beds in either our standard accommodations or our Executive Floors. We are continually improving and updating our product to meet our guests needs. We recently completed our brand new fitness center with state of the art equipment from Precor.
Sincerely, Gino Zambito - Rooms Division Manager Hilton London
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2010

This property is well appointed, nicely decorated and has a great location. The decor in the common areas is beautiful and they are well maintained. The rooms are spacious and are nicely, comfortably and practically furnished. We made use of the lounge in the evening (very relaxing and friendly) and enjoyed Sunday brunch which we highly recommend. What stands out the most, however, is the staff at this property. Every single staff member we encountered provided a level of professional yet personal and friendly service that left a lasting impression and made our stay at this hotel extremely pleasant at the time and very memorable since we've left. A family circumstance now necessitates regular visits to London, Ontario -- there is no doubt our destination there will be the London Hilton -- we look forward to our next stay and are eager to see our "new friends' there again soon and regularly.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 13liberty
Dear 13liberty
Thank you for your kind words. I was pleased to hear that your stay at our hotel was so enjoyable. I will share your wonderful experience with our staff. We look forward to having you back at the Hilton . Regards Gino Zambito Rooms Division Manager.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I was in London at a business conference for 3 nights in the early part of June 2010. This was the first time I had ever needed a hotel room just for myself. I stayed in the executive level and found that the rooms are really spacious and the king size bed was very comfortable. The room was very nice and clean, as was the bathroom. The service at the front desk was great, check in and check out was very quick an easy. The London Grill was very nice and the lovely english lady that was my waitress was excellent. I also enjoyed a buffet style lunch that included a nice roast beef and veggies along with a pasta dish. There was more than enough to eat and at a great price, but I must agree with another individual,that they really should encase the salads and desserts as there were flies buzzing around. I was greeted each day by the very cheerful doorman, and a bell hop was only too eager to assist me with my things to my room. The only thing I was disappointed with was that I ordered room service for lunch and only had cash to pay as I didnt' want to put it on my account (it was being charged to my bosses credit card), and when the food came and I handed him a $20 bill and $10 as a tip, he told me that he would have to come back with the change. (my meal was only $12). He did come back with some change, but only $1.85, which was slid under my door in an envelope along with the bill while I was out at a meeting. I figured that he would realize his mistake and I would be reimbursed properly, but NO!...So I ended up paying twice the amount for my lunch. Other than that I was very happy with my stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank stumpicleese
Dear stumpicleese Thank you for your feedback. I am very happy to hear that our staff were able to met and exceeded your expectations overall. I understand that you had some concern regarding your room service order. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can verity and correct this issue. We hope to see you back at the Hilton on your next visit to London.
Sincerely Gino Zambito Rooms Division Manager 519 430 6403