“One of the Best Hotels!”

Residence Inn London Downtown
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Staying here for two nights on business and I will return! There is so much attention to detail here: microwave popcorn, dishes and cutlery, and Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner! My colleagues and I wanted to use the gym and the lady at the front desk said "if you need additional equipment, we can provide you with passes to the Y across the street." Now that's service!
Rooms are immaculate and super clean, and decor is just gorgeous! From now on, I'm staying at this hotel when I'm in town!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Helen C
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Helen C,

Thank you for this great review, I am glad that you noticed our attention to details. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn London Downtown

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I was privileged to stay at the Residence Inn Marriott at Colborne and Dundas Streets in London over a period of 5 weeks in October, 2013 ant the service was the best. The staff was so friendly and thoughtful. They greeted every situation with a smile. They are accommodating, in tandem with London Health Sciences Hospital, out-of-town cancer patients for the duration of their treatments. This means special diets and accommodation for some not so healthy people. The staff took on the special diet requirements as well as quality of food with a can-do attitude and worked with the patients to produce a great menu! The suites were so comfortable that even the sickest patients felt at home. Every one of the staff were friendly, helpful and super accommodating and made my stay so wonderful! They played a major role in ensuring my 25 radiation treatments went so well! Thank you to all!

Room Tip: the suites are superb!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Penkel1951,

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay here at The Residence Inn by Marriott London Downtown during your treatment. I will share with our staff your kind remarks.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here over a weekend for a hockey tournament. The hotel and rooms are very nice, but a few things bothered me and I likely wouldn't stay here again. The parking is ridiculous. There is a parking garage that is incredibly tight and I wouldn't want to try and park a large vehicle in there. The breakfast had lots of choices both days and was really good. The staff in the breakfast area were very friendly. There is coffee that you can take back to your room, but no lids. Why have to-go cups, but no lids? We had booked with a group, but when we got there, our reservation was not there. They did get us another room, but we now have to wait and see if we are charged twice. One of the other members in the room took a towel off their rack and there was a brown stain (she smelled it, no idea why! and it was coffee.) GROSS! During the week, there is a managers reception and the menu posted on our fridge looked good. There aren't any ice machines there so you have to make your own ice, which is fine but it took forever so we went and bought some at the store. The location is kind of dicey and I wouldn't go outside alone past dark.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank clarkjohnston
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Clarkjohnston,

Thank you for your review on this site, I would like for you to contact me as I would like to bring you back to our hotel in the future. Happy New Year to you and your family and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

When I read that this hotel accepted pets, I called to ask if there was a pet free room because I'm allergic to cats and most dogs. I was told there was a pet free floor, and I asked to be on it. When I turned up, the message hadn't gotten through, so I got a free upgrade to a beautiful suite that was on a pet free floor. My husband went out early to meetings both mornings, and a young man working the breakfast area took the time to chat with me very pleasantly both mornings as I was on my own. I lost my expensive watch in that nice suite, and hoped it would show up when the room was cleaned. It didn't, but the manager, Tina, said she'd happily take my husband and I back to our room to search for it. She left no stone unturned, pulling apart the couch where I'd last seen it, etc., but no luck. About a week or two later, a child lost a toy in that couch, and in pulling it apart again, she found my watch, which may have been caught on something. She immediately contacted me, gave me her cell phone number, packaged it carefully and sent it, insured, via UPS to me at no charge. I was so impressed that she went out of her way like that. I will not only stay at the Residence Inn Marriott when I'm back in London, but will be inclined to try any Marriott in the future. Well done, everyone!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Megin,

Thank you for this great review, I will share with our staff your kind comments. Especially Tina Childs. We look forward to serving you agian the next time you are in London.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a sport event this weekend - never again. Lobby is very small, breakfast was terrible for food selection, food was subpar at best, coffee was very bad. Most importantly was the air quality in the room. On the first evening of two, my daughter and I couldn't breathe in the room. There wasn't an odour but a terrible quality in the air. When we were going to sleep, we could feel it in the air. Woke up in the morning to congestion, coughing, sore eyes. Went to dinner that night before returning, and the people that were also staying at the hotel had the same symptoms. After the second evening, we woke up after coughing half the night to dry sore eyes, coughing, lung congestion etc. Concierge said they were sold out and never offered to help with the problem. Would never recommend this hotel and would never stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Picollamissis,

Thank you for this review, I am sad to hear that we did not meet your standards during your stay here at our hotel. Please contact me as I would like to discuss with you some options to bring you back to our hotel in any future visits to London.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

This was a fantasic place to stay! Stayed in a family 2 room suite with one bathroom! Very clean and well kept, great staff and atmosphere! Only two very small issues: parking garage is very tight to get into and spaces aren't much better and elevators are very slow....very very slow! Otherwise it was fantastic!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Amanda Pentney,

I want to thank you for this great review! I am glad to hear that you thought of our hotel is a great place. I want to let you know that we are looking to service our elevators in the new year to better serve our guests! We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in London!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This was my first time at a Residence Inn. My business partner who lives in the US has been a big fan of the chain and I now know why.
I spent 3 nights there in October....both of my children go to Western, so it was a good chance to go and spend a little time without encroaching on their space. The suite was fantastic....I had the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom with a kitchen that included an oven. All of the suites have a stovetop but only some have the oven....ask before you book! I thought I would have some relaxing time with my London friends but because I had this great "apartment" I found myself stuck in the kitchen for most of the time preparing food for my kids!!!
This hotel does book hockey teams and parties but I think they have a low tolerance for noise. I was in my room on a Friday night and heard a loud party going on....not on my floor ( I was on the top floor) but the one below or even below that. Before I could even call the front desk, 11:00 rolled around and then there was silence!
The staff at his place is amazing! The front desk people who I had the pleasure of dealing with were Ashley, Scott, Tina and trainee Mathew ( keep him!)...in no particular order.
Note to management....when answering the phone at the hotel....can you please shorten the intro that the staff has to say? How about..."Residence Inn, so and so speaking, can I help you"?...instead of that huge mouthful that they have to say and that we customers have to listen to? So painful!!
Back to the rest of the staff....I think they are either all really super helpful and friendly or have been trained very well....probably a combination of both...everywhere I went, they were all so nice and wishing us a nice day, but they actually seemed very genuine.
A big thanks to Melissa in housekeeping who took time from her busy schedule...on a Saturday morning no less!!! to show me some different room types. I tried for the 3 days I was there to get a tour but it wasn't possible at that particular moment, or the site manager was in a meeting or whatever.
After expressing my frustration to Melissa in the hallway on check-out day, she very kindly showed me the different suite types and even wrote them all out for me. Thanks to her I found that there are really no bad rooms at this hotel, if I could not get the one I wanted, the alternative is just as good.
I am going back this week and have some nights booked again in December, I am so happy to have 'discovered" this great little gem in London!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacaidian6pack
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Jacaidian6pack,

I want to thank you for this great review! I am glad to hear that you had such an amazing time during your stay and that Mel was able to help you out. I will share your comments to our staff. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London.